Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,463 Members 50,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] CSDevCTRL 4.1 (05/10/2013)

Tip us?

chrisstavrou
Old
(Last edited by chrisstavrou; 5th October 2013 at 09:33 AM.) Reason: Added version 4.1
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default [APP] CSDevCTRL 4.1 (05/10/2013)

Offers functionality to enjoy more your android device:

A. Bluetooth CTRL
No need to worry for turning on/off bluetooth while making calls.
Just let the app, toggle automatically the bluetooth for you based on your own settings.
Using Samsung S3 stock rom with the known autoconnection problem ? Just enable the workaround to fix this problem.

B. Sound Volume CTRL
If you find that the ringer volume is been reduced accidentally too often, then just let the app automatically adjust it for you when ringing.
The app can also synchronize the media volume mute state with the ringer mute state.

C. Call CTRL
Let the app speak aloud an incoming call using your own custom message so you can tell who's is calling easily.
Change on the fly before dialing, the prefix of a contact number (no need to update your contacts manually).

D. SMS CTRL
Let the app speak aloud an incoming SMS using your own custom message so you can tell who's is messaging you easily.

E. Camera Flash Led CTRL
Camera Flash can be made to blink on receiving a call or new SMS.

F. WIFI CTRL
Want to get a notification if WIFI is on but not connected ?
Would you like to toggle WIFI based on screen being on/off ?
Wish to turn off WIFI if no longer connected ?
Then check out these options.

G. Screen CTRL
You find that the screen turns-off too quickly ? Just let the app increase the screen time-out when using your favorite apps.
The app can also set the screen to Landscape when HDMI connection is detected.

H. Share With CTRL
Let the app, send a web site to Google translate to be translated to your language.

Tested on 2.2/2.3/4.0/4.1 android, does not require root access.

Permissions Explanation
---
- Your messages
Be able to announce the reception of an SMS

- Your personal information
Be able to announce the contact name when receiving an SMS or a Call

- Network Communication
Be able to detect Wifi/Bluetooth connection

- Phone Calls and Services that cost you money
Be able to add a prefix in-front of the number being dialed

- Hardware controls
Be able to use the camera Flash

- System tools
Be able to toggle WiFi/Bluetooth

-Your personal information
Be able to identify the caller

-Services that cost you money
Be able to append infront of the number the prefix

History of changes:
---
Version 4.1:
> Removed ClipBoard and Location CTRLs (they are now standalone apps).
> Various fixes.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chrisstavrou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dancer_69
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Doesn't work. Starting with a black screen and after pops up a dialog to forse close app.
here is the logcat code:

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  186): Start proc com.csdevctrl for activity com.csdevctrl/.CSDevCTRL: pid=1110 uid=10118 gids={3002, 3001
, 1006}
D/dalvikvm(  107): GC_EXPLICIT freed 12K, 54% free 2478K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 73ms
D/dalvikvm(  107): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 54% free 2478K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 90ms
D/szipinf ( 1110): Initializing inflate state
D/dalvikvm(  107): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 54% free 2478K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 550ms
D/dalvikvm( 1110): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 51K, 54% free 2487K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 74ms
D/AndroidRuntime( 1110): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 1110): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40018560)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.csdevctrl/com.csdevctrl.CSDev
CTRL}: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1752)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1768)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:936)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3812)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:841)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:599)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at com.csdevctrl.CSDevCTRL.onCreate(CSDevCTRL.java:482)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1706)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1110):        ... 11 more
W/ActivityManager(  186):   Force finishing activity com.csdevctrl/.CSDevCTRL
W/ActivityManager(  186): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{40816c40 com.csdevctrl/.CSDevCTRL}
I/dalvikvm(  587): Jit: resizing JitTable from 2048 to 4096
^C
LightsOnOff

Torch directly from shortcut!

chrisstavrou
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Hi dancer,
what can i say ... it crashes as there are no paired devices on your device.

I apologize for this, forgot to try a case like this on my phone as its not possible to test on the simulator.

Anyway, i have uploaded the 1.3.1 so if you want to try it please downloading it again.

dancer_69
Old
(Last edited by dancer_69; 27th February 2011 at 09:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 221
Yes, I changed my rom recently and I haven't pair my bluetooth.
I will try the new version.
Ευχαριστώ.

EDIT:
Works fine now.

Μιας και είναι ελληνική ή εφαρμογή, γιατί να μην είναι και στα ελληνικά?
LightsOnOff

Torch directly from shortcut!

chrisstavrou
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Ευχαριστω για τα σχολια dancer.
Its a good suggestion to support other languages than englsh.

I am going to upload the xml file with the strings and anyone will be welcome to change it and match his/her mother language.

FerretAD
Old
Thanks Meter 57
It appears to be working on Gingerbread, on my HD2.

This app will come in very handy, as GB on the HD2 has a 60mA idle drain with Bluetooth, and I use Bluetooth in my car, so this will help alot.

I will test it over the next day or 2 and report back.

Thanks for the work

ilhe1s
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Awesome App! Love the bluettoth features and how the flash will blink on an incomming call if turned over.

One request would be to have wifi turn off once no longer in range/connected for like 5 minutes.

TIA

~>2BMEISIMPOSSIBLE<~
~>2BURSELFISINEVITABLE<~

--->ILHE1S<---

clemme01
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nice app. i just have 1 suggestion, it would be nice i the wifi turn off came maybe 1
minute after screen turn off

unknownrebelx
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Something kind of weird happened. I had my phone on vibrate, and when the call finally connected to the phone, the vibrate started and there was no light, and then when the light started, the vibrate stopped. Is there any ways to have both or is there a specific reason you chose one at a time?

Awesome feature though. Thanks for the hard work. Keep it up.
http://ideasac.blogspot.com

Current Devices:
Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus - Official CM 10.2 Nightlies

HP Touchpad - Milaq's CM10.2 Nightlies

Retired Devices:
T-Mobile Wing (unlocked AT&T) - f1rck's ROM (Clean ROM)

HTC Google Nexus One (AT&T Version) - EuroSkank CM7.2 Nightlies

satanix
Old
Thanks Meter 5
wow this is a great tool! i have only tried the incoming call flash feature and it works great. I have not tested the blue tooth function tho.

Tested on Dell Streak with DJSteve's 1.8.1 rom.

keep up the dev!