Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Direct Dial???

OP AsSiMiLaTeD_77

27th February 2011, 06:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

51 posts
On my Captivate I had the ability to add a Direct Dial icon to my screen, allowing me to call someone with one press of a button. I was using Launcher Pro, and am not sure if it was that launcher of the Samsun firmware that gave me the ability to add that shortcut.

However, on the Atrix, also running launcher pro, I don't see an option anywhere to add direct dial, as in its missing from the list of things to add.

I can add a contact to the page, but then there's a second step needed to actually dial the number.

Any thoughts on how I can get around it?
27th February 2011, 10:34 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

51 posts
Nobody? Am I the only one who ever used the direct dial function?
28th February 2011, 04:53 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 62

453 posts
I did it too, cant find it on atrix either
28th February 2011, 06:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Lexington Park, MD
Thanks Meter: 104

778 posts
More
Had the same problem, here's what you can do:

Get the [free] app "Folder Organizer lite" from the market...Then go to the create a shortcut menu, and select Folder Organizer item - pick Direct Call / Direct Text etc. from the next menu and you're good to go. Works great! There is built-in functionality with Blur but I find it to be very flaky / hard to setup.
28th February 2011, 03:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

51 posts
This worked! Thank you very much. Now I'm 100% happy with the phone!
28th February 2011, 06:37 PM   |  #6  

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobos512

Had the same problem, here's what you can do:

Get the [free] app "Folder Organizer lite" from the market...Then go to the create a shortcut menu, and select Folder Organizer item - pick Direct Call / Direct Text etc. from the next menu and you're good to go. Works great! There is built-in functionality with Blur but I find it to be very flaky / hard to setup.

how did you get this to work? after i make the contact in the app, I keep getting the error message that "shortcuts were only available in the paid version" whenever i click on the new contact .
28th February 2011, 08:11 PM   |  #7  
Flag Dubois, Wy
Thanks Meter: 74

266 posts
More
Animated widget is pretty cool too. I can direct dial or text any contact in my book from a single widget. The other app that worked well was anycut.
28th February 2011, 08:16 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezznor

how did you get this to work? after i make the contact in the app, I keep getting the error message that "shortcuts were only available in the paid version" whenever i click on the new contact .

You don't make the contact in the app. You just add a shorcut like you would any other on your homescreen (so press and hold and select shortcut), in the shortcuts menu there is an option for folder organizer items, select that and then select direct dial from the list.
28th February 2011, 10:25 PM   |  #9  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSiMiLaTeD_77

On my Captivate I had the ability to add a Direct Dial icon to my screen, allowing me to call someone with one press of a button. I was using Launcher Pro, and am not sure if it was that launcher of the Samsun firmware that gave me the ability to add that shortcut.

However, on the Atrix, also running launcher pro, I don't see an option anywhere to add direct dial, as in its missing from the list of things to add.

I can add a contact to the page, but then there's a second step needed to actually dial the number.

Any thoughts on how I can get around it?

I don't know what is an issue here but I'm running LauncherPro as well and on my Atrix speed dial works just fine. Simple press dialer and old any button except 1 which is voicemail.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread