Version 1.3 was released and also published on Android Market on 2011-07-03 - you can grab it here or from links below. The main change is fixing UpdateEntriesService which stayed running in certain cases and used up memory.
ZLaunchy was written mainly for those who like the way HTC and other third party dialers allows searching for contacts in a T9-like way - so that finding Adam means choosing 2326 in the phone application. ZLaunchy uses the same idea to run programs on your device. What it does is gives you a dialer keypad and when you type in a series of digits, it searches for all programs that match - for example to start Internet, start typing 4683 - Internet should show up in the result list.
In order to search for a particular text as beginning of words, type the specified digits - for example 4683 to find Internet. In order to search for specified letter(s) not only at beginning of words, add "1" at the end - for example 7371 will find Opera.
This application is free.
Changes in 1.3 release:
- Fixed bug that caused UpdateEntriesService service not to stop after a successful update
This bug caused service to remain in memory and consume memory. Happened when "refresh items when inactive" was disabled/enabled.
- Reworked logging mechanism
Reworked logging and cleaned up some of internals related to troubleshooting; should speed up the application a bit
Changes in 1.2 release:
- Changes in contact handling to improve handling for certain devices
We have changed how ZLaunchy retrieves contacts, which should help support for some devices - users who had issues with contacts should try out the new version
- Added option to always show menu when selecting a contact from list
It is now possible to choose whether ZLaunchy will open contact details or show a menu to select commonly used actions
As usual, you can download ZLaunchy from Android Market and our website.
Changes in 1.1 release:
- Search in contacts' email address and telephone numbers and application's package name
- QWERTY search for devices with physical keyboard
- Ability to dial number
- "0" button added on the on-screen keypad
- Application details can now be shown on all Android versions
- Preferences for global settings and profiles - you can now configure searching only for contacts, applications or both
- Better APK install/uninstall integration