[Request] Black task bar!

Search This thread

psufan5

Dec 11, 2009
Already tired of the big white bar at the top. Anyone working on a nice black one? :)

synergye

Jul 6, 2010
I worked on one all of yesterday evening/night (broke my ankle), and eventually got it to push without issue. After work this evening I'll be uploading it for Dev's or very knowledgeable users who know how to backup and adb recover to use.
Edit: The bar is a black/ grey gradient to still see the text. I haven't yet messed with xml's to try and change the text colors.

Last edited:

NguyenHuu

Nov 14, 2007
California
thanks, can you post a screenshot of how it looks with the black/grey bar with the current icons?

since this is pretty much first steps of theming, maybe we can pull the icons off of gingerbread framework, those are all "optimized" for black status bar hehe.

Last edited:

synergye

Jul 6, 2010
Current screenshot is attached.
I will say that I've yet to push the new notification text colors (new services.jar), but will be testing that shortly with gingerbread icons.

I just got my hands on hdpi gingerbread icons, so I'll be testing during the day, and I'll upload it tonight (PST).
I'm planning on making a new topic and a shell script to run on the phone (or .bat on a pc) to make installation easier, and I've been messing with transparencies a bit as well, so expect a few different uploads.

Isn't the cutting edge fun?!

Attachments

• notification.jpg
    notification.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

mp2ning

Jul 5, 2010
Aguadilla
@synergye

How different would it be to push the file to the phone SDcard using USB mass storage and then use root explorer from the phone to move the file to the framework folder?
I tried this way and soft bricked! Don't know what I did wrong!

Any insight?

synergye

Jul 6, 2010
Are you deodexed? Something I forgot to put in the post above, which I believe is needed to push my deodexed framework file.
I recommend waiting until this evening(maybe sooner for my gingerbread notification bar and services.jar. Im also going to fix my instructions above to say deodexing required.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

mp2ning

Jul 5, 2010
Aguadilla
Are you deodexed? Something I forgot to put in the post above, which I believe is needed to push my deodexed framework file.
I recommend waiting until this evening(maybe sooner for my gingerbread notification bar and services.jar. Im also going to fix my instructions above to say deodexing required.
Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
Yes I forgot to mention that I am running the ADEO Rom!

quikmeister

Jul 26, 2010
Central Coast, CA
Current screenshot is attached.
I will say that I've yet to push the new notification text colors (new services.jar), but will be testing that shortly with gingerbread icons.

I just got my hands on hdpi gingerbread icons, so I'll be testing during the day, and I'll upload it tonight (PST).
I'm planning on making a new topic and a shell script to run on the phone (or .bat on a pc) to make installation easier, and I've been messing with transparencies a bit as well, so expect a few different uploads.

Isn't the cutting edge fun?!

Which wallpaper is that in the image on the left? Can you upload?