[GUIDE] ClockWorkMod Recovery on Vibrant 4G
Ensure you have root first!!!
MOD EDIT: POSTERS ARE REPORTING THERE ARE HAVING A LOT OF ISSUES WITH THIS GUIDE, THREAD CLOSED.
Use SuperOneClick 1.7 to gain root (USB debugging enabled) Get it here:
1. Download "3e_recovery_installer.zip" from here:
2. Open SuperOneClick and run Shell Root with your phone plugged in. Once finished, close.
3. Now run the 3e Recovery Installer. When finished, close.
4. Now flash ClockWorkMod Recovery via ROM Manager by selecting "Vibrant" when asked for phone type. Then reboot into recovery. (You may need to reboot your phone if you get stuck on the ROM Manager "Reboot to Recovery" screen) (Just reboot, then attempt to reboot into recovery again)
5. At the blue recovery select "reinstall packages". The first time will fail, run it once more, and you should now have the green CWM Recovery menu.
6. Wait for Team Whiskey to release an amazing ROM!!!
Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App