[Guide] How to update/change the ROM

OP Casey_boy

22nd August 2011, 12:47 PM   |  #81  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 56

456 posts
More
Hi guys,

The only thing I can say is, it's normally to do with your USB port. I have found that using a different USB port sorts this out.

I guess you've tried this? If not, do so. If it doesn't work I would seriously try using another PC.

Maybe someone else has some other (better) ideas...

Casey
The Following User Says Thank You to Casey_boy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2011, 06:40 PM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_boy

Hi guys,

The only thing I can say is, it's normally to do with your USB port. I have found that using a different USB port sorts this out.

I guess you've tried this? If not, do so. If it doesn't work I would seriously try using another PC.

Maybe someone else has some other (better) ideas...

Casey

Thanks for the answer bro,

Thing is, I've even tried it on my laptop and it still didn't work.
I'm thinking that it has to do with the fact that I updated my Omnia 7 legitimately (through Zune) to Mango. (developers phone)

In short, I've tried other USB-Ports and I've tried it on my laptop. And still, it won't connect/show that it's connected with a com port.

Halp!
Last edited by bilaba70; 22nd August 2011 at 09:46 PM.
23rd August 2011, 01:35 PM   |  #83  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilaba70

Thanks for the answer bro,

Thing is, I've even tried it on my laptop and it still didn't work.
I'm thinking that it has to do with the fact that I updated my Omnia 7 legitimately (through Zune) to Mango. (developers phone)

In short, I've tried other USB-Ports and I've tried it on my laptop. And still, it won't connect/show that it's connected with a com port.

Halp!

Same here.... but i am on 7392 NoDO(locked) and it still won't do... I have tried on my laptop also and on the other computer... Maybe the anwser is in those usb drivers(with country and language) IDK???
20th September 2011, 12:43 PM   |  #84  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 79

1,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbesto

I currently use mango 7712 and wanna roll back to the basic rom, can I use this guide or will I brick my phone?

I too would like to know the answer to this.
5th October 2011, 10:56 PM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
it worked
thanks
Last edited by clone7; 6th October 2011 at 12:02 AM.
29th October 2011, 11:21 PM   |  #86  
Flag In Connection
Thanks Meter: 6

137 posts
More
Sucessful debranded my Samsung Omnia 7 T-Mobile UK and updated to Mango 7.5 via Zune.
Last edited by Nettwerk; 30th October 2011 at 06:08 PM.
13th November 2011, 09:46 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 4

99 posts
More
I bring my Omnia in the download mode, and then my PC successfully recognizes it, but that flash tool just won't see it. It's just "NONE" everywhere in the Port section. I tryed different ports and even different PCs, please tell me there is something I can do about this ((
13th November 2011, 09:53 PM   |  #88  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,503

3,234 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00h

I bring my Omnia in the download mode, and then my PC successfully recognizes it, but that flash tool just won't see it. It's just "NONE" everywhere in the Port section. I tryed different ports and even different PCs, please tell me there is something I can do about this ((

i mean- start flash downloader, select all files step by step, then put your omnia to download mode + connect usb. if works not, let it connected, close flash downloader
and start him again ......
The Following User Says Thank You to mirolg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2011, 11:42 PM   |  #89  
Thanks Meter: 4

99 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirolg

i mean- start flash downloader, select all files step by step, then put your omnia to download mode + connect usb. if works not, let it connected, close flash downloader
and start him again ......

Yeah, meanwhile I got it working.

I chronologicaly did one step different. In the guide it says that you have first to connect your Omnia (in download mode) to your pc, and then open the flash program. But, that way it never did for me, so I first started the flash program, and then connected my Omnia (in download mode) to the PC. That way it recognized my phone flawlessly. Thanks for this thread and thanks for help, I appreciate that.
16th November 2011, 01:44 PM   |  #90  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 56

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00h

Yeah, meanwhile I got it working.

I chronologicaly did one step different. In the guide it says that you have first to connect your Omnia (in download mode) to your pc, and then open the flash program. But, that way it never did for me, so I first started the flash program, and then connected my Omnia (in download mode) to the PC. That way it recognized my phone flawlessly. Thanks for this thread and thanks for help, I appreciate that.

Glad you got it working I'll update the guide.

Casey

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flash, guide
Previous Thread Next Thread