Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] How to update/change the ROM

Tip us?

Casey_boy
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Hi guys,

The only thing I can say is, it's normally to do with your USB port. I have found that using a different USB port sorts this out.

I guess you've tried this? If not, do so. If it doesn't work I would seriously try using another PC.

Maybe someone else has some other (better) ideas...

Casey
The Following User Says Thank You to Casey_boy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bilaba70
Old
(Last edited by bilaba70; 22nd August 2011 at 08:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_boy View Post
Hi guys,

The only thing I can say is, it's normally to do with your USB port. I have found that using a different USB port sorts this out.

I guess you've tried this? If not, do so. If it doesn't work I would seriously try using another PC.

Maybe someone else has some other (better) ideas...

Casey
Thanks for the answer bro,

Thing is, I've even tried it on my laptop and it still didn't work.
I'm thinking that it has to do with the fact that I updated my Omnia 7 legitimately (through Zune) to Mango. (developers phone)

In short, I've tried other USB-Ports and I've tried it on my laptop. And still, it won't connect/show that it's connected with a com port.

Halp!

knd60
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilaba70 View Post
Thanks for the answer bro,

Thing is, I've even tried it on my laptop and it still didn't work.
I'm thinking that it has to do with the fact that I updated my Omnia 7 legitimately (through Zune) to Mango. (developers phone)

In short, I've tried other USB-Ports and I've tried it on my laptop. And still, it won't connect/show that it's connected with a com port.

Halp!
Same here.... but i am on 7392 NoDO(locked) and it still won't do... I have tried on my laptop also and on the other computer... Maybe the anwser is in those usb drivers(with country and language) IDK???

TheMathMan
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbesto View Post
I currently use mango 7712 and wanna roll back to the basic rom, can I use this guide or will I brick my phone?
I too would like to know the answer to this.
Devices: Sony Xperia Z2
ROMs: Stock .402 Rooted, DooMLoRD Kernel

clone7
Old
(Last edited by clone7; 5th October 2011 at 11:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
it worked
thanks

Nettwerk
Old
(Last edited by Nettwerk; 30th October 2011 at 05:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Sucessful debranded my Samsung Omnia 7 T-Mobile UK and updated to Mango 7.5 via Zune.
Nokia Lumia Icon | Nokia Lumia 928 White | Samsung Ativ S
Used: HTC Windows Phone 8X | Huawei Ascen W1 | HTC Titan | Samsung Omnia 7 | HTC HD7 | Palm Pre | iPhone 4/3Gs/3G/1Gen

m00h
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I bring my Omnia in the download mode, and then my PC successfully recognizes it, but that flash tool just won't see it. It's just "NONE" everywhere in the Port section. I tryed different ports and even different PCs, please tell me there is something I can do about this ((

mirolg
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2503

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00h View Post
I bring my Omnia in the download mode, and then my PC successfully recognizes it, but that flash tool just won't see it. It's just "NONE" everywhere in the Port section. I tryed different ports and even different PCs, please tell me there is something I can do about this ((
i mean- start flash downloader, select all files step by step, then put your omnia to download mode + connect usb. if works not, let it connected, close flash downloader
and start him again ......
The Following User Says Thank You to mirolg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m00h
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirolg View Post
i mean- start flash downloader, select all files step by step, then put your omnia to download mode + connect usb. if works not, let it connected, close flash downloader
and start him again ......
Yeah, meanwhile I got it working.

I chronologicaly did one step different. In the guide it says that you have first to connect your Omnia (in download mode) to your pc, and then open the flash program. But, that way it never did for me, so I first started the flash program, and then connected my Omnia (in download mode) to the PC. That way it recognized my phone flawlessly. Thanks for this thread and thanks for help, I appreciate that.

Casey_boy
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00h View Post
Yeah, meanwhile I got it working.

I chronologicaly did one step different. In the guide it says that you have first to connect your Omnia (in download mode) to your pc, and then open the flash program. But, that way it never did for me, so I first started the flash program, and then connected my Omnia (in download mode) to the PC. That way it recognized my phone flawlessly. Thanks for this thread and thanks for help, I appreciate that.
Glad you got it working I'll update the guide.

Casey

Tags
flash, guide