Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to fix videos not recording sound / audio on the nexus one

Tip us?

product26
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default How to fix videos not recording sound / audio on the nexus one

My nexus one (purchased used) has never recorded audio when recording a video. I stumbled across a post where someone had squeezed near the mic and fixed the issue. I discovered exactly what was going on. After squeezing the area around the mic while recording I determined that I may need to disassemble the phone to correct the issue. After looking at the teardown on ifixit.com I saw that the mic is held in by a connector that can be seen through a slot in the back black plastic under the battery cover. I folded over a post-it note pushed it in to the slot and CLICK, the connector snapped back in to place. I also left a little post-it note piece in to the slot to keep it in place. See the attached photo for details.

Please share this with others on other forums if you have seen other threads with this issue. I hope it helps others!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-02-28 at 11.48.22 AM.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	529767  

brunobassman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi
it s exactly the same for me ....dictaphone works ...all mp3 works but my own videos are as in 1900's : without sound !!!!

i tried (after laughing a lot about your helpful post) with a piece of post it note but it doesn t work still .

i know how i probably broke it : sometimes bootloader was frozen so i had to take off the battery with some hurts (as a torch which doesn t work so u hurt the bottom of it to make the light get back) i m stupid because i should have used a little tool to take the battery off ...

i m trying to install a old stock ROM ..maybe????

thanks to U for this solution ...

regards from France
Bruno