XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

[Theme] [3/11/11] RoyalBread | rotary/tab lockscreen toggle added!!! [v4] [AOSP]

28th February 2011, 07:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 102

313 posts

To ensure complete compatibility, this is now a full aosp build compiled from jt1134's source . For anyone interested, my overlay vendor for royalbread is available on github.

As far as installation is concerned.....if you are already running aosp there should be no need to wipe. Flash rom then flash the themed gapps package below. If you are coming from a touchwiz based rom you should follow standard procedure - wipe data/cache, flash rom, install one of jt's kernels from here, and install themed gapps package below.

For those of you wondering why I chose to follow OMJ's lead and include a themed full build/rom, my answer is simple.....compatibility. I found a couple of issues when flashing the previous hack-theme by itself over different flavors of vanilla froyo (i.e. nextheme). Those issues no longer exist. This should make your life and my life much easier.

As for the theme itself.....in my mind it is pretty much complete. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, however, feel free to submit them below.

***I have no interest in making a touchwiz version of this theme, but if anyone else would like to feel free to have at it.***

Update v4
- Added rotary/tab lockscreen toggle to Spareparts. You can now toggle the lockscreens without the need to reboot. Credit to cvpcs from ccroms for the base code. BIG thanks to jt1134 for helping me locate a couple of pesky typos in my code that were messing up the compile. EDIT: moved rotary toggle to the top of the extras menu in SpareParts which is probably where I should have put it to begin with (see pic above).
- Tab answer for incoming calls is now the default, but I have included a Phone.apk below with rotary answer for those that prefer it. Just adb push to /system/app or move with a file manager.
- Thank god I have the day off tomorrow because I stayed up way too late tonight working on this.

Update v3.5
- Added an alternate tab unlock version for those that prefer it over the rotary (like myself). Phone.apk also modded to use tab controls for incoming calls on that version. BTW: the alternate version maintains previous cm features added by jt1134 (i.e. music controls on lockscreen & menu button unlock option in spare parts). No need to worry about that.

Update v3 (3/6/11)
- Assigned reboot option its own image so that it no longer defaults to use the power off image.
- Removed 'Verizon Wireless' text on lockscreen and statusbar expanded. Replaced with theme name.
- Themed pretty much every appwidget that comes stock (i.e. deskclock, voicesearch, geniewidget, calendar provider, etc.).
- A few more image changes that I can't remember atm. Now to focus on merging updates with SunnyBread vendor.

Update v2 (3/4/11)
- Cleaned up a few images framework-res.apk.
- Edited progress_horizontal.xml to include the rich blue of the theme (it was a tad too light imo).
- Uploaded overlay vendor to my github for easy upkeep.

Credits
- jt1134 - we would be aosp-less without him.
- OMJ - for the gingerbread overlay which is the base for mine. His guide on compiling from source was also very helpful.
- sonnysekhon - grabbed a few images from his nexus s theme.

Downloads
Royal Bread AOSP
Rotary Phone Controls
RoyalBread Gapps
Last edited by bendbowden; 12th March 2011 at 01:34 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bendbowden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2011, 07:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

147 posts
I love you man!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
28th February 2011, 07:45 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,082

10,081 posts
Donate to Me
More
looks good ....aosp seems to be getting the best themes these days (and deservedly so imo)
28th February 2011, 08:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

32 posts
This has me tempted to flash AOSP.
28th February 2011, 09:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag Brentwood
Thanks Meter: 32

405 posts
More
I completely agree...this is a very good looking theme
1st March 2011, 07:10 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 12

230 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17

aosp seems to be getting the best themes these days (and deservedly so imo)

Glad to see everybody starting to migrate
1st March 2011, 12:14 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,082

10,081 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOsquid

Glad to see everybody starting to migrate

it would be nice if the majority of people did (once bt, mms gets sorted out, if ever) from my pov as ive come to dislike theming tw a lot relative to aosp
1st March 2011, 11:13 PM   |  #8  
Flag Missoula
Thanks Meter: 30

414 posts
Hey man what's the "weather" skin your using on the beautiful widget?
1st March 2011, 11:20 PM   |  #9  
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
More
omg I want this on SC
2nd March 2011, 01:58 AM   |  #10  
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 30

298 posts
More
Very nice theme. Im getting a USB icon on my lockscreen though.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread