[Theme] [3/11/11] RoyalBread | rotary/tab lockscreen toggle added!!! [v4] [AOSP]
To ensure complete compatibility, this is now a full aosp build compiled from jt1134's source
. For anyone interested, my overlay vendor for royalbread is available on github
As far as installation is concerned.....if you are already running aosp there should be no need to wipe. Flash rom then flash the themed gapps package below. If you are coming from a touchwiz based rom you should follow standard procedure - wipe data/cache, flash rom, install one of jt's kernels from here
, and install themed gapps package below.
For those of you wondering why I chose to follow OMJ's lead and include a themed full build/rom, my answer is simple.....compatibility. I found a couple of issues when flashing the previous hack-theme by itself over different flavors of vanilla froyo (i.e. nextheme). Those issues no longer exist. This should make your life and my life much easier.
As for the theme itself.....in my mind it is pretty much complete. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, however, feel free to submit them below.
***I have no interest in making a touchwiz version of this theme, but if anyone else would like to feel free to have at it.***
- Added rotary/tab lockscreen toggle to Spareparts. You can now toggle the lockscreens without the need to reboot. Credit to cvpcs from ccroms for the base code. BIG thanks to jt1134 for helping me locate a couple of pesky typos in my code that were messing up the compile. EDIT: moved rotary toggle to the top of the extras menu in SpareParts which is probably where I should have put it to begin with (see pic above).
- Tab answer for incoming calls is now the default, but I have included a Phone.apk below with rotary answer for those that prefer it. Just adb push to /system/app or move with a file manager.
- Thank god I have the day off tomorrow because I stayed up way too late tonight working on this.
- Added an alternate tab unlock version for those that prefer it over the rotary (like myself). Phone.apk also modded to use tab controls for incoming calls on that version. BTW: the alternate version maintains previous cm features added by jt1134 (i.e. music controls on lockscreen & menu button unlock option in spare parts). No need to worry about that.
Update v3 (3/6/11)
- Assigned reboot option its own image so that it no longer defaults to use the power off image.
- Removed 'Verizon Wireless' text on lockscreen and statusbar expanded. Replaced with theme name.
- Themed pretty much every appwidget that comes stock (i.e. deskclock, voicesearch, geniewidget, calendar provider, etc.).
- A few more image changes that I can't remember atm. Now to focus on merging updates with SunnyBread vendor.
Update v2 (3/4/11)
- Cleaned up a few images framework-res.apk.
- Edited progress_horizontal.xml to include the rich blue of the theme (it was a tad too light imo).
- Uploaded overlay vendor to my github for easy upkeep.
- jt1134 - we would be aosp-less without him.
- OMJ - for the gingerbread overlay which is the base for mine. His guide on compiling from source was also very helpful.
- sonnysekhon - grabbed a few images from his nexus s theme.
Royal Bread AOSP
Rotary Phone Controls