FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

AndChat IRC on Xoom

229 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By zer0day, Senior Member on 28th February 2011, 09:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm the developer of AndChat and am working on getting AndChat optimized for Honeycomb. I'm looking for users willing to download the beta and give feedback for things like UI issues, Honeycomb specific bugs, crashes, etc.

The beta is available here: http://www.andchat.net/beta

Screenshot (Full batch available here: http://www.andchat.net/beta/honeycomb)

The Following User Says Thank You to zer0day For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
28th February 2011, 10:30 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
I will test, I use it on my fascinate.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
1st March 2011, 04:19 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Holland
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
so far so good with this beta. Used it for about 45min with no issues. would like to see copy/paste embedded. Although when tryin to dl a file it wouldn't connect to receive it via dcc send.
1st March 2011, 07:19 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Installed on my Xoom. Works well, would like to be able to see the list of people in the channel on the right hand side when in landscape mode instead of in its own window. Will live without that feature Will report any specific bugs that I can see, none so far.
1st March 2011, 08:54 AM |#5  
bigrushdog's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Fontana, CA
Thanks Meter: 6,577
 
Donate to Me
More
My initial impression was it's beautiful. Will use for a while and report back. Great job
1st March 2011, 08:50 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by je2345

so far so good with this beta. Used it for about 45min with no issues. would like to see copy/paste embedded. Although when tryin to dl a file it wouldn't connect to receive it via dcc send.

The view used to display the text (TextView) doesn't support c&p which is a huge shame. DCC support isn't implemented AndChat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwizardtx

Installed on my Xoom. Works well, would like to be able to see the list of people in the channel on the right hand side when in landscape mode instead of in its own window. Will live without that feature Will report any specific bugs that I can see, none so far.

Aye, userlist on the side is something I plan to add. I need to get my head around Fragments API first

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrushdog

My initial impression was it's beautiful. Will use for a while and report back. Great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwarrior

I will test, I use it on my fascinate.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Thanks for testing and the feedback so far. The 1 apk is for phone & tablet so if you install it on your phone and notice anything funky, let me know.
4th March 2011, 04:01 PM |#7  
wizayne's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
I will put it to good use..i normally use androirc but I would love to help out. Will post any issues

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App
4th March 2011, 04:04 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
I downloaded the android SDK a while back so I updated it and started looking into the new API and stuff. The framework you are talking about to put the people list on the side doesn't sound too scary

Waiting for some books to hit the shelves before I start tinkering around
4th March 2011, 06:49 PM |#9  
tomyboombotz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Staten Isalnd Ny
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Love this app no problems

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
6th March 2011, 08:24 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I've published the first version with support of Android 3.0. Available on the Market and AndChat website.

Quote:

The framework you are talking about to put the people list on the side doesn't sound too scary

I've had a look at some example code and you're right, it isn't too bad. I will work to make it even more compatible with Honeycomb in the future.
7th March 2011, 04:16 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Been using for a few days and has been working flawlessly. I would like to see an option to have users in the channel on the right side like PC programs. there is enough screen width to do this without sacrificing the chat.

Also it might be me but I could not find a way to auto login to a channel.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes