How I learned to love the bomb..oops, I mean how I finally got CWM working :D

OP californiarailroader

1st March 2011, 05:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
Thanks Meter: 453

4,086 posts
More
Okay, here goes the story-

1.Got an Inspire
2.Did the Hack Kit and then installed the Rooted Stock ROM (Discontinued), everything went okay but when trying to reboot into CWM, I got the HTC Screen for a few seconds then blackness, I later determined it was working I just couldn't see it for whatever reason.
3.Okay, I thought I'd try Bubby's One Click and see if that would fix it, it went great too, but CWM still no workie, getting frustated now.
4.I thought I'd try flashing a non-AT&T ROM, since so many have been having issue running one and getting the working, but black screened CWM, I chose CoreDroid's.
5.I put CoreDroid's ZIP on my SD Card, went into ROM Manager and installed it, making sure clear memory and backup current ROM were checked.
6.It rebooted into CWM, which of course I couldn't see, then about 10 minutes later it rebooted, and the beautiful CoreDroid Animation came up, and a few minutes after that I had CoreDroid up and running.
7.Well, I thought, CWM should work fine now, EHHHHH Sorry Johnny (which sounded weird, since my name is Mike ), wrong answer, I rebooted into CWM and there it was again, total blackness.
8.Okay, I noticed in CoreDroid that to be able to flash new Radio's, you had to have Eng S-OFF, so I ran the One Click Eng S-Off Tool found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=855403 , making sure to check the box saying I already have S-Off.
9.It ran, and said it was successful, and I now had Eng S-Off, so I rebooted into Hboot to check, and at the top sure enough, it said Eng S-Off, I then hit PowerDown, which it did, but then....well, go to 10
10.It rebooted into...yep, CWM! Clear and beautiful, it looked wonderful! So booted back up, went into ROM Manager and told it to boot into CWM, it did so and it came up again, no problems! I did it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke, nope, all was well now in CWM Land!

So, how's that for a saga? Ahh, now I can kick back, it's Miller Time, or Dr.Pepper Time in my world, I don't drink

Use this at YOUR OWN RISK! I take no responsibility for bricked or ruined phones, I just posted this in hopes it might help out people having CWM issues. DO NOT send me hate mail because this didn't work for you
Last edited by californiarailroader; 1st March 2011 at 08:05 AM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to californiarailroader For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2011, 05:38 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis
Thanks Meter: 1,264

3,062 posts
Donate to Me
More
Good job bro!! I don't personally have the problem, but I've been following tons who have. Well done!
1st March 2011, 05:46 AM   |  #3  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 6

35 posts
More
i did step 8 throu 10 and it works great thanks a mill!
1st March 2011, 05:50 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)

4,086 posts
More
No prob, I'm glad I could help you guys out!
The Following User Says Thank You to californiarailroader For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2011, 05:50 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

69 posts
congrads!!! i'm gonna try it out, i really wanna try some of these awesome roms available
1st March 2011, 05:53 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

4,086 posts
More
Thanks Epic, let me know how it goes for you! I can't figure out what it did, other than maybe some files were corrupted or missing, and doing the Eng S-Off pushed and refreshed whatever was corruped or missing, either way I am glad to have it working again
1st March 2011, 06:12 AM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,485

1,603 posts
Donate to Me
More
Very nice discovery, I will in cooperate this into the next version of my program. Thanks a ton.
1st March 2011, 06:13 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

4,086 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubby323

Very nice discovery, I will in cooperate this into the next version of my program. Thanks a ton.

No Prob Bubby, I'm glad I could help and give something back! I am in full support of you by the way, I think it's pretty slimy how they ganged up on you like that, when all you did was try and make things easier for the community. If I can help out in any way, let me know!
The Following User Says Thank You to californiarailroader For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2011, 06:16 AM   |  #9  
Account currently disabled
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,485

1,603 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiarailroader

No Prob Bubby, I'm glad I could help and give something back! I am in full support of you by the way, I think it's pretty slimy how they ganged up on you like that, when all you did was try and make things easier for the community. If I can help out in any way, let me know!

Will do.
1st March 2011, 06:17 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis
Thanks Meter: 1,264

3,062 posts
Donate to Me
More
I believe (if I'm not mistaken) that ENG S-OFF is the Engineering bootloader... it's not the best way to S-Off, because it puts the Engineer's Test HBOOT onto your phone, which causes some problems for other things. Also, to get back to complete stock, you'll now need to flash a stock HBOOT as well, if I remember correctly.

For that very reason, I would *NOT* incorporate this into your one-click, bubby... it worked for me perfectly the way it is, WITHOUT an Engineering HBOOT. I'd leave this as a possible solution for the ones that actually have the problem.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread