Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PRL 60676

Tip us?

jj62mtp
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlet1c View Post
Anyone care to share the 60676 prl for those of us unable to download.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-1-2011-a.html

I always keep this post updated with the latest!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jj62mtp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NonCorp
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Here ya go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 60676.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.1 KB, 1204 views)
Sprint SGS3
MOAR 8.0
The Following User Says Thank You to NonCorp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maddness505
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Wink WORKED!!

The only thing I did different was do a back up of the sense rom then I restored back to cm7 and checked its current

thanks again for all the help!!!

GatoEnFuego
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuzinn View Post
Man, I swear all this talk when a new PRL comes out makes me MADDDDDDDD

IT'S A MYTH THAT A NEW PRL WILL GET YOU BETTER DATA SPEEDS, please understand that. You are using a WIRELESS connection and speeds will fluctuate a LOT. If you usually get .8mbps and now you're getting 1.2mbps it's purely BY CHANCE, NOTHING else.

4G DOES NOT USE PRLs!!!!! I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry when someone said "it's technically roaming" since 4G is owned by clearwire and not Sprint.

4G is a NEW technology and PRL is only used for CDMA networks. Your 4G performance has absolutely NOTHING to do with a PRL. WiMAX networks, like GSM DON'T NEED PRLs TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phew, sorry, just had to vent.
This guy is totally right. Maybe a bit dickish but correct none the less. I have been using the 00001 verizon PRL for the last few weeks and get 700-1000kbps mid day during heavy network traffic. I did a speed test just now and got 700k on the nose, flashed the new 60676 and got my typical Sprint speed of 80k. The network is garbage and a PRL isn't going to help it. Placebo effect is a strong one around here it seems.

HipKat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,833

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj62mtp View Post

Awesome. I always wondered how to do it manually.
Thanks. Will give it a shot when I get home form work.
Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-R970
Android 4.4.4
ROM SOKP MKK444 V01
KERNEL Alucard v2.6.9.b
GAPPS PA Modular Full 4.4.4 20140804
RADIO R970TYUFND1
RECOVERY Philz Touch 5.06.6

My Life Is Committed To Jesus!

00mred00
Old
Thanks Meter 411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoEnFuego View Post
This guy is totally right. Maybe a bit dickish but correct none the less. I have been using the 00001 verizon PRL for the last few weeks and get 700-1000kbps mid day during heavy network traffic. I did a speed test just now and got 700k on the nose, flashed the new 60676 and got my typical Sprint speed of 80k. The network is garbage and a PRL isn't going to help it. Placebo effect is a strong one around here it seems.
Update your prl...then force a data profile restore...cancel when it attempts to update the prl. At the end of the reboot and let me know what difference you see if any at all.

In the cases that I am refering to it isn't necessarily the prl (though I do see that by updating an available tower list one could be connecting to new towers previously not listed thus a new connection with better speeds)

In the tests I have done updating the prl after a data profile update/restore kills both 3g and 4g speeds. Many others have experienced the same. Granted there are a.handful that see no change and a fewer group that lost speed.

Not that you were singling me out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 00mred00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cephraim
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Wrong location now??

Not sure if it is related to this PRL update, but this problem starting occurring some time today after I did the update.

My HTC Sense clock and location widget is showing that I am in the city of Reykjavik which is 5hrs ahead of me! Needless to say, this screws everything up! I tried updating the PRL a couple more times, rebooted, uninstalled some recently installed apps, but nothing.

Oddly, when I launch Google maps, it knows exactly where I am! Speedtest also finds the local server.

Am running Sprint Lovers ROM, which has had no problem with this in the past, and I did not update it recently.

Any clues? is it related to this PRL update?
If not, what else can I try?

Thanks!
Eph

xjreyes
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00mred00 View Post
Update your prl...then force a data profile restore...cancel when it attempts to update the prl. At the end of the reboot and let me know what difference you see if any at all.

In the cases that I am refering to it isn't necessarily the prl (though I do see that by updating an available tower list one could be connecting to new towers previously not listed thus a new connection with better speeds)

In the tests I have done updating the prl after a data profile update/restore kills both 3g and 4g speeds. Many others have experienced the same. Granted there are a.handful that see no change and a fewer group that lost speed.

Man your SIG saved my butt... I thought I lost my 3g.. I was wiping, restoring Z then I read your post and i worked perfectly thanks.!!!
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+XavierReyes512/

Device: T-Mobile HTC ONE M8

Previous devices Nexus 5, Nexus 7 FHD LG G2, Xperia Z,Nexus 4,LG Optimus G,SGSIII X2, HTC Evo LTE, SGSII X2, Nexus S, Epic touch, HTC Evo, HTC Hero, Touch Pro2,

GatoEnFuego
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00mred00 View Post

Hell, I'll try anything. I'll report back shortly...

cephraim
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj62mtp View Post

Trying to revert to see if it will fix my weird location issue that popped up today. When I dial ##775#, nothing happens. ##DATA# works fine, though! Any clue?