Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to install animated backgrounds??

Tip us?

hofuldig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question How to install animated backgrounds??

well i found many posts on people showing there backgrounds with downloads and stuff but they never explain how to install or use them. i was wondering if anyone know a post to re direct me to or website that could help me install them. or just tell me here if you feel like it.

(on the side note can the Zio even use animated backgrounds?)

Fate43
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
ya, they are called live wallpapers and there is a whole mess of them on the market. As far as installing, they install the same way everything from the market does. When you want to use them click the "menu" and then "wallpaper" and choose "live wallpapers" from the list. Ther is also a website where you can surf these wall papers.

http://www.livewallpapers.org/?sort=popular

hofuldig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate43 View Post
ya, they are called live wallpapers and there is a whole mess of them on the market. As far as installing, they install the same way everything from the market does. When you want to use them click the "menu" and then "wallpaper" and choose "live wallpapers" from the list. Ther is also a website where you can surf these wall papers.

http://www.livewallpapers.org/?sort=popular
heay thanks. i have downloaded a wallpaper that i liked and installed it but i cant seem to find it to run it. there is nothing in the wallpaper section. what should i do now?

option94
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 712

DONATE TO ME
dont quote me, might be different on this phone and I dont have one,

long press home screen > wallpapers > live wallpapers.

hofuldig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by option94 View Post
dont quote me, might be different on this phone and I dont have one,

long press home screen > wallpapers > live wallpapers.
this is very odd. when i go to my menu and hit wallpaper only 3 things show up Gallery/ID Wallpapers/Wallpapers and they arnt in any of them.

Its weird because i did install them just fine but they don't seem to be anywhere on the phone?

option94
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 712

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hofuldig View Post
this is very odd. when i go to my menu and hit wallpaper only 3 things show up Gallery/ID Wallpapers/Wallpapers and they arnt in any of them.

Its weird because i did install them just fine but they don't seem to be anywhere on the phone?
That is odd, and thats the only way I know of to activate them. Someone else who actually has the phone will have to help you, sorry about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to option94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hofuldig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by option94 View Post
That is odd, and thats the only way I know of to activate them. Someone else who actually has the phone will have to help you, sorry about that.
ah its cool. at least you tried! (thanks + to you for helping me)

Fate43
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
You should have live wallpapers. They were preloaded on the 2.2 update. You may have to redo the update.

Sent from my Zio using XDA App

hofuldig
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate43 View Post
You should have live wallpapers. They were preloaded on the 2.2 update. You may have to redo the update.

Sent from my Zio using XDA App
oh are you kidding me? my update is botched!?? i didnt update when the download came out on this website i waited till my carrier (sprint) rolled it out. it went through ever step itself so i dont know what could have gone wrong. Do you have sprint or some other carrier?

Fate43
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hofuldig View Post
oh are you kidding me? my update is botched!?? i didnt update when the download came out on this website i waited till my carrier (sprint) rolled it out. it went through ever step itself so i dont know what could have gone wrong. Do you have sprint or some other carrier?
Of course Sprint might not have included the live wallpapers in their update.