Version 1.1.0 - with Twilight Zone
Screenshots, downloads, and changelog in second post!
Why SyndicateROM Frozen?
All of you Epic users who have been around the XDA community for a while probably recognize the SyndicateROM name. The original DI18-based SyndicateROM was one of the fastest, most refined, and most popular ROMs of its time. SyndicateROM Frozen is based on the official EC05 release of Android 2.2.1, and is built from the ground up for speed, stability, and battery life.
What's the secret sauce? Carrier IQ, the infamous Sprint spyware package, has been completely removed! More details in the second post - you won't believe what we found! Themers and other mod developers take note, many modifications were made to the system in order to achieve this exclusive feature.
- based on EC05
- kernel rooted
- hand-tweaked from the ground up
- designed for EXT4
- CWM 188.8.131.52 compatible
Unlike the original, SyndicateROM Frozen comes in only two editions - Standard, and Fully Loaded. Standard is designed to be a combination of the previous Superslim and Standard - a lean, mean, super-fast battery-sipping machine. The developer's choice!
SyndicateROM Standard includes LauncherPro. All Samsung and Sprint bloatware are completely gone!
SyndicateROM Fully Loaded features TouchWiz instead of LauncherPro, and adds in Social Network Sync, Facebook, BuddiesNow, Program Monitor, and the stock live wallpapers. All the rest of the bloat is still gone!
Both versions feature Wireless and Wired Tether preinstalled!
Tweaks and bugfixes in SyndicateROM Frozen and the Twilight Zone kernel include:
- any and all lag completely destroyed
- Network speeds at their peak - no throttle service, buffers adjusted
- 3G, 4G, and WiFi are stable
- Video recording issues have been resolved
- RNDIS no longer conflicts with ADB
- 1xRTT properly displays, instead of the erroneous 3G icon
- The Sprint HTTPPD and RTSP proxies have been completely removed
- The 'battery full' popup and sound has been removed
- SMS/MMS messages and email have been removed from the call log
- A restart button has been added to the shutdown menu
- "AM" and "PM" have been removed from the clock
- Did we mention Carrier IQ is gone?
- Twilight Zone is undervolted at 1.0ghz, and can be clocked up to 1.2 or 1.3ghz.
- Twilight Zone features optimizations from 2.6.34, and many optimizations for the Cortex A8
- Animations correctly smoothed
- Transition animation speed automatically set to fast on first boot, completely user-adjustable after
- Hardware keyboard response improved
- Loud boot sound removed
- GT-I9000 fingerprint to allow protected apps in the Market
- Ads in apps and websites blocked
- Bluetooth voice dialing fixed