[ROM][ABANDONED] Q'n'D Meizu M9 Vision Port (v0.1)
Meizu M9 Q'n'D port for Vision
03/20/2011 update: no progress made, throwing in the towel
I can't figure the framework out, every edit I make breaks something else. Long story short, this is a little too in depth for me! Between work and family life, I don't have the time to sink into this to figure it out. For anyone interested in picking the project up, I'd recommend trying to merge an updated Meizu /system dump. Once you do, you'll need to baksmali services.jar and make some major edits. Here's 3 more up-to-date /system dumps I've found around various fora:
system_v1.0.0-13940.zip - Mediafire
system_v1.0.2-14504.zip - Mediafire
system_v1.0.2-15033.zip - Mediafire
Good luck to anyone who decides to pick this up, it's no joke!
Here's a working port of the Meizu M9 ROM for Vision! I need your help debugging and testing the ROM. This is to be considered totally experimental, and is still in need of further development.
I wouldn't recommend using it as your daily driver (although I suppose you could :P). I'm looking for input from other hackers on fixing what's broken. Thanks!
Flash it with CWM. It will work with the latest version available in ROM manager.
siulmagic - he started the port and got it booting. This wouldn't be possible without him.
eViL D - Pieces of this were taken from his MT4G port.
meltus - Pieces of this were taken from his N1 port.
XxDaLoWeSt1xX/MagnusRagnarok - Their work porting it to the EVO
Now, on to the details!
- Data (APNs should work automatically)
- SD Card (recognized by phone)
- Haptic Feedback (needs to be enabled in Accessibility Settings)
- USB (debugging needs to be enabled in USB settings)
What I haven't tested yet
- Wifi - enabling causes the phone to reboot
- Mounting SD card via USB
- Resolution issues (framework edits are needed)
- Graphics issues (white on white text, etc)
- Time isn't automatically set properly. Manually set your time if it's off.. YMMV.
- Random Chinese text here and there
Other things you should be aware of
- The M9 ROM doesn't seem to sync well with Google. Your contacts will not be synced. I believe this is the intended behavior of the ROM itself, but I need to do more testing/investigating.
- Some Google Apps (Gmail/Maps/Chrome to Phone/Voice/Youtube/Search/etc)
- Wifi Calling (useless for now, wifi doesn't work)
- ROM manager
- Titanium Backup
I'm not responsible if you break your phone with this. Please be careful.
Last but not least...
V0.1 - Multiupload