Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Official T-Mobile US OTA Update 2.2.1 Froyo 34.4.9

OP runeblade

2nd March 2011, 08:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Here you folks go. Off of my phone to you. http://www.multiupload.com/YOXKQ18YW0. You Must have 2.1 with the 3.6 Update. I would recommend making a backup before applying. Use at your own use. If you get a Status 7 error, see my thread in the General forum on how I resolved it. Have Fun!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to runeblade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2011, 08:43 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 3
 
152 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
how is it? faster than 2.1?
2nd March 2011, 08:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Oh yeah. More bloatware, but that's easy to remove. Internet speed is faster. Phone is more responsive. Nice to have the Hotspot feature now. Overall a worthy upgrade. Now to wait for 2.3
2nd March 2011, 09:08 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
can i use this update for my finland rom 3.42? or this is just for TMo version?
2nd March 2011, 09:11 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Bellevue
Thanks Meter: 9
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runeblade

Here you folks go. Off of my phone to you. http://www.multiupload.com/YOXKQ18YW0. You Must have 2.1 with the 3.6 Update. I would recommend making a backup before applying. Use at your own use. If you get a Status 7 error, see my thread in the General forum on how I resolved it. Have Fun!


Would you happen to have original t-mobile 2.1 in sbf format?
2nd March 2011, 09:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Unfortunately no-one has one for the US. I'm guessing you updated to the leaked version? The good news is that if my suspicion is correct a nandroid backup of this should play fine with the updated firmware. If you look at the difference its minor. 34.4.9 vs 34.4.4. I have not yet had the time to make one yet. I'll try to do so tonight.
2nd March 2011, 10:31 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
What did you have to do with the update.zip in order to upgrade your defy? I'm on 2.1 with the 3.6 update, I'm rooted with superoneclick, and I have it copied to the root of my sd. Did you use clockworkmod recovery?
2nd March 2011, 11:41 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
480 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanek921

What did you have to do with the update.zip in order to upgrade your defy? I'm on 2.1 with the 3.6 update, I'm rooted with superoneclick, and I have it copied to the root of my sd. Did you use clockworkmod recovery?

Its an update zip file signed by company so you should enter stock recovery by power+vol down and then select update from zip.
3rd March 2011, 12:58 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Bellevue
Thanks Meter: 9
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
hmm... how about flash 3.4.2-107 TMobile US Blur with RSDlite and then
update.zp?
3rd March 2011, 02:49 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
512 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Just tried it. No go.

It checks for the right build fingerprint before it continues. You need to have 6.36.0 or it aborts.

The Nandroid backup theory mught be the one that works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by no clue

hmm... how about flash 3.4.2-107 TMobile US Blur with RSDlite and then
update.zp?


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes