FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Official T-Mobile US OTA Update 2.2.1 Froyo 34.4.9

4th March 2011, 01:36 AM |#21  
zencoran's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
because im running on 2.2
 
 
4th March 2011, 01:47 AM |#22  
watt9493's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Croydon, PA
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Does this undo root?

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App
4th March 2011, 02:12 AM |#23  
zencoran's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
it shouldnt
4th March 2011, 02:47 AM |#24  
watt9493's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Croydon, PA
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Okay. I just dl'ed. Any special place to put on my sd card? Will this wipe anything? Fastest way to apply update? Ik im going to have to restore my og stock bloated rom, any other tips would be great.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App
4th March 2011, 02:56 AM |#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
1. Restore to stock.
2. Place update.zip in root of sdcard
3. Boot into recovery
4. Apply update.zip

Please upload a Nandroid backup when you're done so that those of us who applied the leaked FroYo SBF can upgrade...

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by watt9493

Okay. I just dl'ed. Any special place to put on my sd card? Will this wipe anything? Fastest way to apply update? Ik im going to have to restore my og stock bloated rom, any other tips would be great.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

4th March 2011, 03:33 AM |#26  
watt9493's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Croydon, PA
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
How would I go about uploading the nandroid? And do you mean factory reset or just load my first (stock) nandroid?

4th March 2011, 03:39 AM |#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
You have to load the stock Nandroid because the update looks for the T-Mobile bloatware and specific system strings before allowing the update.

To upload the Nandroid after you've updated, just zip up everything and upload them to any file sharing host like: Multiupload.com

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by watt9493

How would I go about uploading the nandroid? And do you mean factory reset or just load my first (stock) nandroid?

4th March 2011, 04:20 AM |#28  
watt9493's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Croydon, PA
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
I have a nandroid with all the stock bloat. first thing i did when i rooted it. So that back up should work?

Do i have to unzip the update? Or leave it zipped in the go.apk.rev folder in backups

Last edited by watt9493; 4th March 2011 at 04:22 AM.
4th March 2011, 04:41 AM |#29  
watt9493's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Croydon, PA
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach_Head

1. Restore to stock.
2. Place update.zip in root of sdcard
3. Boot into recovery
4. Apply update.zip

Please upload a Nandroid backup when you're done so that those of us who applied the leaked FroYo SBF can upgrade...

Thank you!

^^^^ That did not work. got a no such file found and installation aborted.....
4th March 2011, 05:08 AM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Was the zip file named update.zip?

There's no reason why it shouldn't work. Unless you're not using a T-Mobile USA Defy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by watt9493

^^^^ That did not work. got a no such file found and installation aborted.....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes