Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 51,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][AOSP]Tiamat Xoom 2.0.0 "Katana" [Update: 07/14]

Tip us?
 
Elysian893
Old
#1841  
Elysian893's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 389
Join Date: Jan 2010
You only need Clockwork Recovery Mod to be able to mount in Recovery mode, it doesn't matter what kernel you're running, it's baked into CWM.
 
solarnz
Old
#1842  
solarnz's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2117
Posts: 678
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
This is the same issue I am having, same exact issue.

To the poster above, its not an SDCARD, I have mentioned that 3 times now, its mounting USB storage, the internal storage while in recorvery.
OK, what version of recovery are you using?
Please try http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1074979 as this is the latest version of recovery that we are supporting.

Also with cwm our sdcard is the external sdcard, not the internal storage. So when you mount usb storage in recovery it will give you the external sdcard.
If you're being prompted to format a 3mb partition DON'T. This is likely not you're external sdcard and intact a partition on the internal xoom drive and could potentially brick you're device.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App


Join me in #xoom on freenode.net.
Need to contact me? I'm on IRC, Twitter and G+
 
Riffer
Old
#1843  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 53
Join Date: Oct 2010
Hello!

I just rooted my MZ601 (European 3G along this manual) and after that installed the actual recovery and then the 1.4.1 Tiamat kernel - all worked fine and with no problems so far.

But the external sdcard does not show up (not in /sdcard as sdcard2 or any other name nor in /mnt/ ) - in recovery mode the same card works, but not with android up and running.
Used root explorer to look for it.

Any hints for me?
 
Sodikop
Old
#1844  
Sodikop's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 110
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffer View Post
Hello!

I just rooted my MZ601 (European 3G along this manual) and after that installed the actual recovery and then the 1.4.1 Tiamat kernel - all worked fine and with no problems so far.

But the external sdcard does not show up (not in /sdcard as sdcard2 or any other name nor in /mnt/ ) - in recovery mode the same card works, but not with android up and running.
Used root explorer to look for it.

Any hints for me?
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if you go back through the last dozen pages or so, several have stated you have to go from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 in order to keep the sdcard active (in android, not cwm).
 
ClydeB1
Old
#1845  
ClydeB1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4344
Posts: 10,696
Join Date: May 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffer View Post
Hello!

I just rooted my MZ601 (European 3G along this manual) and after that installed the actual recovery and then the 1.4.1 Tiamat kernel - all worked fine and with no problems so far.

But the external sdcard does not show up (not in /sdcard as sdcard2 or any other name nor in /mnt/ ) - in recovery mode the same card works, but not with android up and running.
Used root explorer to look for it.

Any hints for me?
I know it probably sounds crazy, but many peole with a similar problem formatted their sd card using SD Card Formatter. It's a marvelous little tool and solves problems that even a Windows format doesn't fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodikop View Post
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if you go back through the last dozen pages or so, several have stated you have to go from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 in order to keep the sdcard active (in android, not cwm).
I went straight from 1.3.2 to 1.4.1 and my sd card still showed up @ sdcard/sdcard2
 
Riffer
Old
(Last edited by Riffer; 13th May 2011 at 09:23 PM.)
#1846  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 53
Join Date: Oct 2010
Thanks to both of you. Will give 1.4.0 a try. After that maybe a format may the last try but the same card works really perfect in my Samsung Galaxy S.

//edit: installing 1.4.0 at first and then 1.4.1 has helped
 
niwa2
Old
#1847  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jan 2008
i am using the european 3g version as well and went directly to 1.4.0 and then to 1.4.1 and my external sdcard shows up under sdcard/external.
 
cam30era
Old
#1848  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 403
Posts: 1,654
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffer View Post
Thanks to both of you. Will give 1.4.0 a try. After that maybe a format may the last try but the same card works really perfect in my Samsung Galaxy S.
Formatting the SD card in your Android phone has solved this problem for many users.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
 
lrs421
Old
(Last edited by lrs421; 13th May 2011 at 09:01 PM.)
#1849  
lrs421's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 462
Posts: 3,710
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York
Never mind, got my answer :)
 
supr2nr
Old
#1850  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 58
Join Date: Apr 2010
i know I shouldn't ask this but how is production of a new kernel coming along that supports 3.1?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes