Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 51,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][AOSP]Tiamat Xoom 2.0.0 "Katana" [Update: 07/14]

Tip us?

Elysian893
Old
Thanks Meter 60
You only need Clockwork Recovery Mod to be able to mount in Recovery mode, it doesn't matter what kernel you're running, it's baked into CWM.

solarnz
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
This is the same issue I am having, same exact issue.

To the poster above, its not an SDCARD, I have mentioned that 3 times now, its mounting USB storage, the internal storage while in recorvery.
OK, what version of recovery are you using?
Please try http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1074979 as this is the latest version of recovery that we are supporting.

Also with cwm our sdcard is the external sdcard, not the internal storage. So when you mount usb storage in recovery it will give you the external sdcard.
If you're being prompted to format a 3mb partition DON'T. This is likely not you're external sdcard and intact a partition on the internal xoom drive and could potentially brick you're device.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

Join me in #xoom on freenode.net.
Need to contact me? I'm on IRC, Twitter and G+

Riffer
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hello!

I just rooted my MZ601 (European 3G along this manual) and after that installed the actual recovery and then the 1.4.1 Tiamat kernel - all worked fine and with no problems so far.

But the external sdcard does not show up (not in /sdcard as sdcard2 or any other name nor in /mnt/ ) - in recovery mode the same card works, but not with android up and running.
Used root explorer to look for it.

Any hints for me?

Sodikop
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffer View Post
Hello!

I just rooted my MZ601 (European 3G along this manual) and after that installed the actual recovery and then the 1.4.1 Tiamat kernel - all worked fine and with no problems so far.

But the external sdcard does not show up (not in /sdcard as sdcard2 or any other name nor in /mnt/ ) - in recovery mode the same card works, but not with android up and running.

Any hints for me?
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if you go back through the last dozen pages or so, several have stated you have to go from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 in order to keep the sdcard active (in android, not cwm).

ClydeB1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4344

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hello!

Any hints for me?
I know it probably sounds crazy, but many peole with a similar problem formatted their sd card using SD Card Formatter. It's a marvelous little tool and solves problems that even a Windows format doesn't fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodikop View Post
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if you go back through the last dozen pages or so, several have stated you have to go from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 in order to keep the sdcard active (in android, not cwm).
I went straight from 1.3.2 to 1.4.1 and my sd card still showed up @ sdcard/sdcard2

Riffer
Old
(Last edited by Riffer; 13th May 2011 at 09:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks to both of you. Will give 1.4.0 a try. After that maybe a format may the last try but the same card works really perfect in my Samsung Galaxy S.

//edit: installing 1.4.0 at first and then 1.4.1 has helped

niwa2
Old
Thanks Meter 8
i am using the european 3g version as well and went directly to 1.4.0 and then to 1.4.1 and my external sdcard shows up under sdcard/external.

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Thanks to both of you. Will give 1.4.0 a try. After that maybe a format may the last try but the same card works really perfect in my Samsung Galaxy S.
Formatting the SD card in your Android phone has solved this problem for many users.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

lrs421
Old
(Last edited by lrs421; 13th May 2011 at 09:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 462
Never mind, got my answer :)

supr2nr
Old
Thanks Meter 12
i know I shouldn't ask this but how is production of a new kernel coming along that supports 3.1?