Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 47,686 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][AOSP]Tiamat Xoom 2.0.0 "Katana" [Update: 07/14]

Tip us?
 
supr2nr
Old
#1871  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 58
Join Date: Apr 2010
Right…but I didn't ask for an eta just generally how it was going. As in what issues has he run into that we might be able to help with. My phrasing may have been wrong in my initial post but I have been in this game for a long time and I have enough respect not to openly ask for a status report from a developer doing things for free.

Again my apologies.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
 
Legend28469
Old
#1872  
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 75
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brampton

 
DONATE TO ME
Whats this... -->

NEW 3.1 KERNEL.. I'd make a page for it, but I don't wanna steal someone elses credit and I'm too lazy to start a proper thread.

-->

link to info

http://forum.androidcentral.com/xoom...omb-3-1-a.html
Phone: Nexus One
ROM: Latest Cm7
Kernel: Latest Tiamat
Bootloader: LOCKED!!!

Tablet: Root Motorola Xoom [CAN] -- US Firmware
Rom: Tiamat Latest
[B]Google Plus[B] -- http://gplus.to/Legend28469
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legend28469 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
camblue
Old
#1873  
camblue's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1702
Posts: 2,470
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Reno, NV

 
DONATE TO ME
Thank you for this just installed works perfectly! So glad my mflops are back up to 63 or higher. Also I am running quadrant,,,,never really used as a good determiner of speed but it is giving me scores between 41 and 4200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend28469 View Post
Whats this... -->

NEW 3.1 KERNEL.. I'd make a page for it, but I don't wanna steal someone elses credit and I'm too lazy to start a proper thread.

-->

link to info

http://forum.androidcentral.com/xoom...omb-3-1-a.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20110515_0010.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	596617  
 
ernie one
Old
#1874  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 23
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Oh boy! Can't wait to flash this!
AT&T Nexus One CM7 | VZW Fascinate Superclean | VZW Xoom Tiamat>3.1
 
p2flol
Old
(Last edited by p2flol; 15th May 2011 at 09:42 AM.)
#1875  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 154
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by camblue View Post
Thank you for this just installed works perfectly! So glad my mflops are back up to 63 or higher. Also I am running quadrant,,,,never really used as a good determiner of speed but it is giving me scores between 41 and 4200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup, flashed it.. works great. 3900-4300 within first 2 quad tests i ran.
 
camblue
Old
#1876  
camblue's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1702
Posts: 2,470
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Reno, NV

 
DONATE TO ME
Just so everyone is aware,,,and i do not know if this is because of the kernel,,,,I noticed that my 3g service was not working on this link http://forum.androidcentral.com/xoom...omb-3-1-a.html Flashing again to make sure
 
jase33
Old
#1877  
jase33's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1738
Posts: 1,599
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: - /
Just want to point out that the link to the new kernel is NOT bigrushdog's kernel. Flash with good judgment. Also, I think it was bad manners posting that link here....should have started your own thread.

Sent from my HTC HD2
 
camblue
Old
#1878  
camblue's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1702
Posts: 2,470
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Reno, NV

 
DONATE TO ME
Agreed, here it is so it does not get confused with BRD's fine work!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1079972

Please post whatever you need there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase33 View Post
Just want to point out that the link to the new kernel is NOT bigrushdog's kernel. Flash with good judgment. Also, I think it was bad manners posting that link here....should have started your own thread.

Sent from my HTC HD2
 
bigrushdog
Old
#1879  
bigrushdog's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6051
Posts: 3,151
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fontana, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase33 View Post
Just want to point out that the link to the new kernel is NOT bigrushdog's kernel. Flash with good judgment. Also, I think it was bad manners posting that link here....should have started your own thread.

Sent from my HTC HD2
It's all good. No worries. Not like I did enough this week or anything lol. I am going to release Tiamat 1.4.2 today. Quite frankly, it's wicked. BTW, don't be fooled by ext4 filesys hacks to trick a high quadrant score. You guys remember my "hyperspeed" kernel? It was the same thing. I can get a 9000 quadrant score doing that. Put it has no real impact on device performance. Anyways, we got a killer kernel on the way.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lrs421
Old
#1880  
lrs421's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 462
Posts: 3,710
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrushdog View Post
It's all good. No worries. Not like I did enough this week or anything lol. I am going to release Tiamat 1.4.2 today. Quite frankly, it's wicked. BTW, don't be fooled by ext4 filesys hacks to trick a high quadrant score. You guys remember my "hyperspeed" kernel? It was the same thing. I can get a 9000 quadrant score doing that. Put it has no real impact on device performance. Anyways, we got a killer kernel on the way.
Thanks for your hard work BRD. We appreciate it.

Sent from Desire HD or Inspire 4G or whatever this thing is called via premium XDA app.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes