Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][AOSP]Tiamat Xoom 2.0.0 "Katana" [Update: 07/14]

Tip us?

lrs421
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_ayala View Post
No I was on 3.0 now u can't boot beyond the m logo.
On 3.0 try this...This is a link to the factory images with instructions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1057742

Good luck.

jfourman
Old
(Last edited by jfourman; 17th May 2011 at 05:29 PM.) Reason: Another thought
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by siscim23 View Post
No it doesn't matter, once you upgraded to 3.1 it clears the Tiamat kernel.

Can you see /sdcard/external? If not, try creating it and rebooting.
AFAIK, there are other people having this same issue.
As suggested, I created the new folder, /sdcard/external, and rebooted...no joy

To verify I confirmed via my PC card reader that there were already existing files on the card. I also copied a file to /sdcard/external but it didn't end up on the card, just in the new folder.

Thank you for your attempt to help and thank you in advance for any other suggestions.

Another thought: To access my corporate Exchange account, I had to encrypt and password protect my Xoom. Could the encryption prevent access to an external SDCard? Note that Clockwork 3.0.2.8 can see the SDCard.

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfourman View Post
As suggested, I created the new folder, /sdcard/external, and rebooted...no joy

To verify I confirmed via my PC card reader that there were already existing files on the card. I also copied a file to /sdcard/external but it didn't end up on the card, just in the new folder.

Thank you for your attempt to help and thank you in advance for any other suggestions.

Another thought: To access my corporate Exchange account, I had to encrypt and password protect my Xoom. Could the encryption prevent access to an external SDCard? Note that Clockwork 3.0.2.8 can see the SDCard.
Have you tried formatting your SD card in another Android device?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

jfourman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
Have you tried formatting your SD card in another Android device?

I have tried three methods of formatting and rebooted the Xoom each time to test with no positive result.

I formated the SDCard using:
  1. My OG Droid
  2. My XP SP2 PC
  3. SD Formatter software that was suggested by another poster.

Thank you for the help.

Brolloks
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Flashed from HC3.0 to 3.1, updated CWM and flashed new 1.4.2 kernel all in one go, no problems at all, thanks to BRD and Dev team

I did notice the boot up are twice as long even with the CPU at 1.2 Ghz, anyone else notice that?

lrs421
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolloks View Post
Flashed from HC3.0 to 3.1, updated CWM and flashed new 1.4.2 kernel all in one go, no problems at all, thanks to BRD and Dev team

I did notice the boot up are twice as long even with the CPU at 1.2 Ghz, anyone else notice that?
Only the initial boot for me. Expected after wiping cache.

Sent from Desire HD or Inspire 4G or whatever this thing is called via premium XDA app.

despich
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Getting "push: not Found" after flashing root31.img

Sorry I am stuck and even after reading and reading and reading and trying for a few hours I am not getting anywhere.

I was on Tiamat 1.4.1 before the 3.1 update came out. 3.1 came out and instead of waiting for BigRushDogs install package for 3.1 I went ahead and put back on the HR166 Boot.img and system.img so I could install the over the air 3.1 update.zip sucessfully. The 3.1 update.zip installed fine I lost root and everything was good. I heard I could root again afterward so I wasn't concerned. I assumed that I was basically at "stock" except that I have already done the "OEM Unlock" command.

Now I want to get root again and put the new 1.4.2 kernel on (mainly so I can overclock again). Everything I have read would lead me to believe I can just flash root31.img and then copy in su and superuser.apk and change the permission to get root back again. And with root get the ability to put the ClockWorkMod recovery back on and then from there install the 1.4.2 kernal etc.

I can do the adb reboot recovery just fine and I can do the fastboot flash boot root31.img with no problems. I can even do the "adb remount" without errors But when I try to copy back in su using the "adb shell push su /system/bin" I get the "push: not found". Of course i verified I do in fact have the su file in the correct directory, and dealing with the push command in adb enough I know that the error can also mean that you don't have permissions to write the file to the destination and well as it can't find the source file to copy.

What are my options?

1. Go completely back to stock image using rsd lite, start over...
2. Reissue the "Fastboot OEM UNLOCK" command again. Then root31.img ....
3. Flash a different .img file?

Dan

antiochasylum
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,623

DONATE TO ME
Awesome work. Boot was normal for me. 4465 Quadrant

Any chance of a faster OC? My xoom runs smooth as silk at 1.6 ZERO crashes after about an hour of a stress test.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4465.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	599223  

Click below to see my teams work

Team Asylum CM 10.1 for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2 HSPA
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Nexus 4(mako)
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 For the N7000

Nexus One < Tab 7 < Xoom < Tab 10.1 < Nexus S < Galaxy S II < Tab 7 Plus < Galaxy Nexus < Galaxy Note N7K < Nexus 7 < Galaxy S III < AT&T Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II < Nexus 4 < Nexus 7 2013 < Galaxy Note 3 < Nexus 5

mcarrion78
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfourman View Post
I have tried three methods of formatting and rebooted the Xoom each time to test with no positive result.

I formated the SDCard using:
  1. My OG Droid
  2. My XP SP2 PC
  3. SD Formatter software that was suggested by another poster.

Thank you for the help.
I've had the same problem. Ive used just about all the tiamat kernels and my sdcard has never been able to read using a file manager with any of them. I just finally gave up. Hopefully Motorola will put out official sdcard support so the de s won't have to jimmyrig things to get them to work

trackerk
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Wow... between this and 3.1 my Xoom is blindingly fast. And I'm only running the 1.4 kernel! Thanks a l o t!