Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 43,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][AOSP]Tiamat Xoom 2.0.0 "Katana" [Update: 07/14]

Tip us?

Brolloks
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Only getting 3102 on Quandrant, seems a bit low or what, that is at 1.4 Ghz?

mulletcutter
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolloks View Post
On 1.6 i only get 3700... Ive never gotten above 3800
N2

jfourman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarrion78 View Post
I've had the same problem. Ive used just about all the tiamat kernels and my sdcard has never been able to read using a file manager with any of them. I just finally gave up. Hopefully Motorola will put out official sdcard support so the de s won't have to jimmyrig things to get them to work

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Is your Xoom encrypted? Password protected? That is the only thing that I can guess might be different on my Xoom from those that have SDcard access.

kenhunt
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Flashed the 1.6 kernel, thing runs faster than Jesse Owens ever did, easily bust a 4400+ Quadrant, and 69+ Linpack, but the battery is HORRIBLE. Took it off the charger at 6am this morning, took it to work, but was too busy to touch it all day, left work at 3pm (so 9 hours on full standby, never touched once...) and it went from 100% to 20%, and nothing was turned on, not wifi, 3g or anything...anyone else experiencing horrible battery life?

Oh and no i didn't have the clock speed set high either, checked that right after turning it on after work and it was set to "stock" speeds.

jfourman
Old
(Last edited by jfourman; 17th May 2011 at 08:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfourman View Post
I went from Tiamat 1.1.6 installed via adb to Tiamat 1.4.2 installed via Clockwork 3.0.2.8 and I cannot see the external SDCard on my 3G Xoom.

Steps I took:

1) Started at Honeycomb 3.0.1 with Tiamat 1.1.6
2) Installed CW 3.0.2.8 via adb
3) Flashed Honeycomb 3.1 via CW per instructions (SDCard is seen in CW)
  • a. Flashed New Recovery
  • b. Flashed HC 3.1
  • c. Flashed Bootloader Patch
  • d. Flashed Updated Boot.img (for 3G Xoom)
  • e. Performed Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  • f. Performed reboot and verified successful install of HC 3.1
4) Flashed Tiamat 1.4.2 per instructions via CW (SDCard is seen in CW)
  • a. Flashed 3G Boot image with light off
  • b. Flashed 1.4.2 1600 Kernel
  • c. Rebooted and verified new Kernel. Used SetCPU to clock at 1,600 Mhz

I still can't see the SDCard as either /mnt/sdcard/external or /mnt/sdcard2 using Root Explorer, Astro or EStrongs. I reformated the card using XP SP2. I then tried to format via my Droid and finally SD Formatter. I reboot between each format. Nothing works. My SD Card is a Sandisk 16GB. I also tried to use the Sandisk 32GB from my OG Droid which I know is a good card. CW sees it on the Xoom; but HC 3.1 doesn't. I have tried having USB Debug On and Off...no difference. I reflashed the 3G light off Boot image followed by reflashing Tiamat 1.4.2 with no result.

Could the problem be that I went directly from 1.1.6 to 1.4.2 without any interim update? It is weird to me that CW sees the card but HC 3.1 won't.

Thank you for your help.
Another note: I just successfully executed a Clockwork Backup to the SDcard. I then put the card into my PC card reader and the Clockwork backup was on the card. It appears just that the 3G Boot Image and Tiamat 1.4.2 kernal didn't work to add visibility to the SDCard in HC 3.1.

dscribe
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhunt View Post
Flashed the 1.6 kernel, thing runs faster than Jesse Owens ever did, easily bust a 4400+ Quadrant, and 69+ Linpack, but the battery is HORRIBLE. Took it off the charger at 6am this morning, took it to work, but was too busy to touch it all day, left work at 3pm (so 9 hours on full standby, never touched once...) and it went from 100% to 20%, and nothing was turned on, not wifi, 3g or anything...anyone else experiencing horrible battery life?

Oh and no i didn't have the clock speed set high either, checked that right after turning it on after work and it was set to "stock" speeds.
Wow. I'm on the 1.4 GHz kernel myself, but I took it off power about 7:00 A.M. I just checked (2:40 P.M.) and I'm at 88%.

lrs421
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscribe View Post
Wow. I'm on the 1.4 GHz kernel myself, but I took it off power about 7:00 A.M. I just checked (2:40 P.M.) and I'm at 88%.
Yeah battery is great here too. Running since early yesterday. Moderate use, still have 40% to go running at 1.2.

Sent from Desire HD or Inspire 4G or whatever this thing is called via premium XDA app.

zonk7ate9
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolloks View Post
Run it twice in a row. I get ~4100 on my 2nd run @1.6ghz.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App
AT&T HTC One X
Stock ICS 4.0.3
Verizon Motorola Xoom (4G)
Rogue CM9 Nightly

AT&T Google Nexus One (Retired)
Cyanogen Mod 7.2

zonk7ate9
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhunt View Post

I had this problem after flashing BRDs 3.1 update, wipe and reflash solved it. Your Xoom isn't by chance constantly hot around the Verizon logo on the back? Mine was always warm and never entered idle according to the battery use, but I was never able to pinpoint why even with Watchdog.

AT&T HTC One X
Stock ICS 4.0.3
Verizon Motorola Xoom (4G)
Rogue CM9 Nightly

AT&T Google Nexus One (Retired)
Cyanogen Mod 7.2

Brolloks
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonk7ate9 View Post
Run it twice in a row. I get ~4100 on my 2nd run @1.6ghz.

Yeah, I ran it again and got 3800, I'm happy now