Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Diagnosing battery woes

OP AuroEdge

3rd March 2011, 08:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

472 posts
More
My personal issue is SuperClean 2.4 does well on my phone but 2.5/2.6 die in under 8 hrs. Battery history under settings doesn't show any suspect 3rd party and I have flashed the battery stats script. Is there a cpu sleep state bug or something in the newer versions? I saw something on irc about auto-rotation errors.
3rd March 2011, 08:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 75

214 posts
Donate to Me
More
Same issue here.
It's kinda bittersweet hearing that people are still on 75% after 12 hours of moderate use

Sent from my Fascinate
3rd March 2011, 08:53 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodeath0

Same issue here.
It's kinda bittersweet hearing that people are still on 75% after 12 hours of moderate use

Sent from my Fascinate

Adryn did something with the new rom/kernel. I'm on 2.7.1 nonvoodoo and am seeing some of the best battery life out of my device. I'm currently at 70% after 16 hours of on-time, with over 1 hour of screen time.

Just wait until his next release and your woes should go away (most likely)
3rd March 2011, 10:35 PM   |  #4  
Flag west yarmouth
Thanks Meter: 20

286 posts
More
Im on on sc 2.6 I just switched to voodoo last night. Im noticing significant improvement over non voodoo.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
4th March 2011, 02:30 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

217 posts
Adryn said the weather app was constantly syncing on 2.6. Thus the battery drain. I trust he'll have it straightened out on the next go 'round.
4th March 2011, 08:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

472 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhfd64

Adryn said the weather app was constantly syncing on 2.6. Thus the battery drain. I trust he'll have it straightened out on the next go 'round.

Wonder if he implemented the change on 2.8. Was not aware that in order to use the bstats script you have to run it in the terminal. I assumed you just ran it in CWM. By the way, was the battery data function in CWM ever fixed for Froyo?
4th March 2011, 10:40 PM   |  #7  
Flag Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Meter: 1

46 posts
More
I'm having the same battery issues. The phone won't sleep unless I do the GPS on/off then update position in maps/latitude. Then it fixes, but it doesn't stick -- have to do it each night on my wife's phone. Has there been any fixes for that?
5th March 2011, 02:14 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 12

112 posts
Im having a ver similar issue as the op. several days ago i rooted and flashed from stock 2.1 to sc 2.6 voodoo. with nitrodark theme v 2.1. I noticed that since flashing to sc2.6 my batt life has been cut drastically. im at 83% batt life after about an hr or less with it unplugged. I used the phone to make a 2 quick calls (about 5 mins during one call and 10-12mins on the sec) nothing else. this is after i flashed the batt fix zip. All i did was flash the batt zip. i didnt push anything or do anything more other then flash batt zip file. Some ppl have talked about steps after flashing the zip but the initial directions only say to flash the zip. Can somebody plz help with this problem?
5th March 2011, 02:40 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroEdge

My personal issue is SuperClean 2.4 does well on my phone but 2.5/2.6 die in under 8 hrs. Battery history under settings doesn't show any suspect 3rd party and I have flashed the battery stats script. Is there a cpu sleep state bug or something in the newer versions? I saw something on irc about auto-rotation errors.

Today is the first day my battery has seemed normal since I installed 2.6sc I'm thinking it must take time to recalibrate or something. It took like 4 days where my phone would die with little use in 12 hrs or less. Today completely different though.
5th March 2011, 03:05 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

472 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPierce

Today is the first day my battery has seemed normal since I installed 2.6sc I'm thinking it must take time to recalibrate or something. It took like 4 days where my phone would die with little use in 12 hrs or less. Today completely different though.

I just came to the same realization. You really have to give a new version at least 24hrs to really see how it will behave. And that's assuming you installed and configured everything correctly. I will probably be able to get about a days worth of usage once it stabilizes. I no longer bother with JuiceDefender since it would screw up MMS messages.

I want to reiterate that the instructions for clearing your battery calibration info need augmentation. In a Terminal Emulator on your phone you have to enable su and then execute the bstats script (type su, then type bstats). It is recommended that you only run the script once your phone is fully charged and still on the charger. Don't expect miracles from this either. It is only meant for people who have royally screwed up the calibration tables i.e. they never wipe their data between flashes.
Last edited by AuroEdge; 5th March 2011 at 03:09 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread