Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 40,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM-ODIN]T959VUVKB5 Stock + Root

Tip us?

csdalporto
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 6
Default odin did not work properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tq745 View Post
yes run it the same way as you would with the vibrant, just make sure the tar is for the gs4g and not the vibrant.
running odin with this tar caused my phone to boot up only into recovery.....nothing else

csdalporto
Old
Thanks Meter 6
can you tell me EXACTLY how you did odin @aloneinshadow? i used odin and now im stuck; my phone will not boot past stock recovery

bryandrew19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try reflashing it. Same thing happened to my phone.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

TheShadowMan
Old
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Mine first boots like that too. Just select reboot.

My Phones:
Nokia 3120 - Threw into the street
Motorola Razr V3M - Sold
PPC-6700 (Apache) - Dropped a monitor on it
T-Mobile MyTouch 3G - Gave to Mother-In-Law
Samsung Vibrant - Sold
Samsung Galaxy S 4G - Deodexed KD1 Enhanced v1.5 - Gingerspice theme

csdalporto
Old
(Last edited by csdalporto; 4th March 2011 at 07:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
i've rebooted like 20 times lol, idk do you think i ruined it? at first with just the tar file.....odin kept failing over and over saying get pit, so i flashed one time with the pit as well.....but i've reflashed like 5 times with nothing but the tar and it will only boot into recovery.

rayvil30
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by csdalporto View Post
i've rebooted like 20 times lol, idk do you think i ruined it? at first with just the tar file.....odin kept failing over and over saying get pit, so i flashed one time with the pit as well.....but i've reflashed like 5 times with nothing but the tar and it will only boot into recovery.
Which odin are you using? Try different odin. Someone used 1.7.0 earlier. I believe they have 1.8.1. also. Tar file should also be in pda.

flyinbird93
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Im anxious to get underway with the custom roms for the 4g. I havent seen anyone mention what the diffrence is between this rom and the real stock. Is this just a different way to root, or is all the tmobile crap removed so i havd more than 500 megs for phoneonly apps. Also, i presume this is a full system wipe so a backup of important data is recomended? Already bricked once trying a different galaxy rom, im in no rush to do it again.

T-Mobile Wing -- Backup line
[ROM]iTrib RUU Version WM 6.5.5[Build 23563]
[Theme]iPhone

Galaxy S 4G
~Bricked~Bad USB port/Out of Warrenty

Galaxy S3
~Waiting~Got to get the WHITE POWA!

~~Thank You! to all the work everyone has put into making this phone so awesome~~
Birdmod Mod/apps/theme's for the 4G

Jaynrb
Old
Thanks Meter 16
i had 2 4g's and had to take one back because i bricked with the ODIN pit file provided. Im not sure if a diff batch of phones were made with a diff partition name or source but i do believe repartitioning with this file will brick some phones. It caused me to lose access to a certain mount that i dont remember anymore. if you NEED to get back to stock i would suggest leaving the PIT out for now and DONT repartition....
MyTouch 4G
Sense 3.5

Chamgea
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm coming from the Vibrant to the 4g Vibrant. There is obviously a ton more resources for the previous Vibrant. How are we looking on producing more things; ROMS, etc...for the 4g Vibrant?

I remember there is a One Click Root & Unroot for the Vibrant that was flashable, any chance on that coming out for the Vibrant 4g?

luckyduck69
Old
Thanks Meter 246

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamgea View Post
I'm coming from the Vibrant to the 4g Vibrant. There is obviously a ton more resources for the previous Vibrant. How are we looking on producing more things; ROMS, etc...for the 4g Vibrant?

I remember there is a One Click Root & Unroot for the Vibrant that was flashable, any chance on that coming out for the Vibrant 4g?
krylon360 has dipped in here to lend a hand, obviously. but for the most part i wouldn't expect much from devs. i have a feeling this is a phone that will be skipped over in favor of future dual core models. the only reason i picked a Vibrant 4G up is because i could get it for $140 after rebates...etc.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe