Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 48,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unknown Sources AT&T?

Tip us?
 
bongholio
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 150
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Unknown Sources AT&T?

k so i used super one click to root my girlfriends phone.. it rooted fight but i dont have unknown sources in applications? how do i get unknown sources so i can install xrecovery and stuff
 
bongholio
Old
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 150
Join Date: Mar 2011
please anyone? i woud like to get unknown sources back on it
 
Bruce Lee
Old
#3  
Bruce Lee's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 369
Posts: 2,095
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Your phone has to be debranded. You have to use flashtool and reflash the latest firmware or the one you want to your phone. That will debrand it, then you will root it, sorry AGAIN, to get back where you are know. Use this link for flashtool

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746

the link should have all the questions answered for you. Use the X10a firmware since your att. Post again if you have questions.
Phone:
16GB Black Nexus 5 running Stock 4.4.4 with CharizardX Kernel

Past Devices:
ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII
ATT Motorola Dual Core Atrix 4G
ATT Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Unlocked HTC G1
32GB Nexus 7
Blackberry Playbook


Google+ page for chatty XDA members!
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102405...48467738/posts
 
bongholio
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 150
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voelker45 View Post
Your phone has to be debranded. You have to use flashtool and reflash the latest firmware or the one you want to your phone. That will debrand it, then you will root it, sorry AGAIN, to get back where you are know. Use this link for flashtool

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746

the link should have all the questions answered for you. Use the X10a firmware since your att. Post again if you have questions.
When I reflash witch xperia am I suppose to download
 
compumasta
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 299
Join Date: Jan 2011
I would recommend downloading the global generic 2.1 since att is not going to update at all. This will give you a fully working stable rom from Sony Ericsson so you won't have any issues. Just poke around the development section and you can find it pretty easy. Just follow the directions to a tee and you will be fine.

Remember that it voids your warranty with att so you will have to flash back to 1.6 att version in the event you need repairs at some point. That is also on the forum. Also make sure you backup anything you need before you flash as it will wipe everything. It wont affect your SD card though.

Sent from my Delorean using a flux capacitor!
 
bongholio
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 150
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by compumasta View Post
I would recommend downloading the global generic 2.1 since att is not going to update at all. This will give you a fully working stable rom from Sony Ericsson so you won't have any issues. Just poke around the development section and you can find it pretty easy. Just follow the directions to a tee and you will be fine.

Remember that it voids your warranty with att so you will have to flash back to 1.6 att version in the event you need repairs at some point. That is also on the forum. Also make sure you backup anything you need before you flash as it will wipe everything. It wont affect your SD card though.

Sent from my Delorean using a flux capacitor!
i dont see global 2.1?

Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.1.A.0.435 (MD5 : 0C67A08A4B120EBA87E395865F431E81)
Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.0.2.A.0.24 (MD5: E592508FC714A9F2CB6BDC41914ABC81)
Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.0.A.0.504 (MD5: F3735BF4D48ED4BBA8BF5BC60CD1D34C)

these are the ones i see
 
exsulis
Old
#7  
exsulis's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 74
Join Date: Feb 2011
Well, there are two ways to get stuff on the phone

One way is to use the flash X10 app which will pretty much do everything you need

The guide at the top of this subforum is pretty complete
In the same advanced tab there is xRecovery install

As to the other way it goes something like this:

On the phone you'll go to settings>application settings, and click the unknown sources

Next go to setting>application settings>developement>check the usb debugging

Download, and install the java dev kit http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

then the android sdk http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

extract the android sdk to c:\and-sdk

Now go to and-sdk\platform-tools and copy adb.exe, adbwinapi.dll, and adbwinusbapi.dll to the c:\windows\system32

Then copy the cmd.exe from that directory to your c:\and-sdk\platform-tools\ folder

just a note but depending on the version you download it may just be under "platform" directory but not likely

take the "programname", and extract it to the same directory as you did for the cmd.exe

once done go to Run, and type in "CMD"

Type "CD\" in the dos styled command prompt

Then "CD and-sdk"

"CD platform-tools"

have your phone plugged in with the sd card unmounted

then type part in the quotation "adb install file-name.apk" the command prompt will go along the install, and you should see it install

As to xrecovery you'll need to drop those in the a root explorer, and then the commands. Hence it is way more simple to install with the flash tool
 
exsulis
Old
#8  
exsulis's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 74
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongholio View Post
i dont see global 2.1?

Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.1.A.0.435 (MD5 : 0C67A08A4B120EBA87E395865F431E81)
Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.0.2.A.0.24 (MD5: E592508FC714A9F2CB6BDC41914ABC81)
Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.0.A.0.504 (MD5: F3735BF4D48ED4BBA8BF5BC60CD1D34C)

these are the ones i see
Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.1.A.0.435 (MD5 : 0C67A08A4B120EBA87E395865F431E81) is the newest version
 
compumasta
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 299
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsulis View Post
Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.1.A.0.435 (MD5 : 0C67A08A4B120EBA87E395865F431E81) is the newest version
+1

That's what I would use and then enjoy the se update which includes dual touch and 720p video recording.

Sent from my Delorean using a flux capacitor!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...