FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[Q] Google Books Storage Location

265 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By StirCwazy, Senior Member on 4th March 2011, 01:57 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Does anyone know the location of an eBook once you tell it to make it available offline?

Or

I've got some eBooks that I would like to make available to the Books app on the XOOM, where do I put them?

4th March 2011, 01:59 PM |#2  
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 3

More
You beat me to it, I was just wondering the same. I have several thousand books I would like to be able to drop in.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App
4th March 2011, 02:44 PM |#3  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 362

Donate to Me
More
They are In the data/data folder...in the google.books folder...don't have my xoom at work, so can't give you the hole name.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
4th March 2011, 02:58 PM |#4  
Flag D.C.
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Data/Data/com.google.android.apps.books/

It appears to be a proprietary book format, but I don't know enough about it for sure.

Each book is split up into many different files. I've transfered it to my computer to investigate it further, but I've had no luck.

I went looking when I first got the Xoom because I wanted to put my book collection in there.

Someone smarter than me will have to figure out how to do that!
Last edited by tinpusher; 4th March 2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: edit
4th March 2011, 03:02 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

More
The only alternative I've found so far is using Aldiko (ebook reader from the Market). You store the eBooks on the XOOM and import them into the app. I would prefer to use Google Books however.
4th March 2011, 06:44 PM |#6  
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 3

More
That's incredibly frustrating. Even iBooks allows you to add your own epub. If Google Book a can't that's a huge setback for me. I read a couple hours a day on my tablet.

15th May 2011, 12:28 AM |#7  
AlAin
Thanks Meter: 68

More
*BUMP* Anything new discovered? It sucks that we need another application and can't use the built in for reading ebooks. I love how books lets you turn pages.
15th May 2011, 02:31 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzz

*BUMP* Anything new discovered? It sucks that we need another application and can't use the built in for reading ebooks. I love how books lets you turn pages.

The nook app has a very similar page turn animation and I think the app in general looks better on honeycomb than both kindle and google books. Maybe give that one a try!
15th May 2011, 04:57 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidriera

The nook app has a very similar page turn animation and I think the app in general looks better on honeycomb than both kindle and google books. Maybe give that one a try!

"Nook" shows no results searching on the market app on the Xoom.

15th May 2011, 05:32 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDudeTommy

"Nook" shows no results searching on the market app on the Xoom.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
15th May 2011, 05:43 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Nook is only available to US users (and maybe certain other countries, but I'm not sure). People outside of US can't download nook. You have to find a way to sideload it to your Xoom if you are not in the US.

And Nook has problems displaying book covers from my own epubs. So I'm sticking to Kindle but converting to mobi format may be a hassle to some.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread