Ask a question

No registration required

CM7 + Honeycomb Music App = Cloud Music Sync NOT WORKING :(

OP WhiteWidows

4th March 2011, 06:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107

554 posts
I reporting back on something I stumbled on yesterdays after updating to the latest CM7 2.3.3 build. After updating I have been removing the sock music app then replacing it with the Honeycomb version. Upon that I was prompted with several permissions request and accepted them all. Syncing then started and I checked that under that under Account and Sync notice Music was syncing. This synced overnight. I put in a empty SDcard in. Then I went in to the Jumper Test that comes along with the Music app started the peer under the Controls tab, Ran a test under the Logs tab ( showed 785 files and the files names below) went back to the music app then went to music settings and checked Stream Music and my music started to show up! Played a few songs no problems at all. Let me know if this is working for anyone else.

*EDIT*
So I guess this inst working anymore. I did test this when I originally posted this but i cant get it to work anymore. Sorry guys not yet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20110304_004651.jpg
Views:	11063
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	533489  
Last edited by WhiteWidows; 4th April 2011 at 05:03 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WhiteWidows For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2011, 07:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

191 posts
is there a way to access those files from a computer too? i mean since its synced in the cloud, could be really useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to jokester902 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2011, 07:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 57

1,056 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokester902

is there a way to access those files from a computer too? i mean since its synced in the cloud, could be really useful.

If your objective is to have your music available everywhere, try AudioGalaxy. it streams to computers, android and iDevices.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilverStone641 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2011, 08:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
How did you replace the app? I tried to but the honeycomb music just keeps FC'ing
The Following User Says Thank You to UkRaInIaN01355 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2011, 08:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107

554 posts
As far a a URL to go to on a computer I haven't found anything. Ill post the apk i used when I get by a computer sometime later. Basically I just used root explore to delete the stock music app then installed the honeycomb player.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteWidows For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2011, 08:28 PM   |  #6  
Flag S. Austin Tx
Thanks Meter: 62

763 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWidows

As far a a URL to go to on a computer I haven't found anything. Ill post the apk i used when I get by a computer sometime later. Basically I just used root explore to delete the stock music app then installed the honeycomb player.

+2,, just search for the app.... its an apk on xda right now.. i just installed it!... works perfect!...
4th March 2011, 08:57 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWidows

Gotcha. Did that, syncing now...
4th March 2011, 08:58 PM   |  #8  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,858

9,255 posts
Donate to Me
More
So, I have a question..
If you already have these songs on your phone, why would you want them "put them in the cloud", so you can play them on your phone, where they are already???????
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2011, 09:03 PM   |  #9  
Flag Home
Thanks Meter: 110

644 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

So, I have a question..
If you already have these songs on your phone, why would you want them "put them in the cloud", so you can play them on your phone, where they are already???????

So you don't have to keep gigs of music on your ad card. This is great news!
4th March 2011, 09:05 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 6

257 posts
If they're in a cloud they dont need to be on his phone. In return he saves space on his memory card. However, if they're not on your phone they're not going to play when you dont have a connection.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread