5,604,050 Members 46,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can someone give me a short summary of how hacking has progressed

Tip us?

kenio8185
Old
(Last edited by kenio8185; 4th March 2011 at 10:12 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Can someone give me a short summary of how hacking has progressed

I tried reading the forums, but a lot of it goes over my head. Can someone simply and shorten it for me.

I'm curious on if we got HDMI mirroring. I just read and saw the webtop is now available, now all I need is mirroring on tv (unless I can do that with webtop).

Athailias
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I hate to say it but your request makes you sound lazy. Most of it is over my head to, but you can always just do a search for your very specific topic of hdmi mirroring.
I will say that we have lost a few dev's because of the locked nature of our bootloader, however I personally remain hopeful that the Canadian version (or international version?) if/when released may have a key to unlocking the bootloader.
There are themes, and one "rom". I have seen a hulu workaround, and some apk's just for our phone.
Currently: Verizon Galaxy Nexus, bootloader unlocked
Old: 4 captivates due to gps/quality issues
3 Atrix's (my third one due to hardware malfunctions on previous two) with third core enabled, bootloader unlocked, gingerbread + tweaks
1 Hero
The Following User Says Thank You to Athailias For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TareX
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athailias View Post
I hate to say it but your request makes you sound lazy. Most of it is over my head to, but you can always just do a search for your very specific topic of hdmi mirroring.
I will say that we have lost a few dev's because of the locked nature of our bootloader, however I personally remain hopeful that the Canadian version (or international version?) if/when released may have a key to unlocking the bootloader.
There are themes, and one "rom". I have seen a hulu workaround, and some apk's just for our phone.
I'm in Canada... waiting for its release on March 17th. I hope there's a reason behind your hopes for the 'Canadian' bootloader to be unsigned.

Athailias
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TareX View Post
I'm in Canada... waiting for its release on March 17th. I hope there's a reason behind your hopes for the 'Canadian' bootloader to be unsigned.
Unfortunately if I wait until the 17th I will be past the deadline to return my phone, however I am going to have a little faith that the expansion of the phone to other countries will bring about a larger dev base. My experience with the samsung captivate was that the American version was slower for updates than telus and bell variants of the same phone.
Currently: Verizon Galaxy Nexus, bootloader unlocked
Old: 4 captivates due to gps/quality issues
3 Atrix's (my third one due to hardware malfunctions on previous two) with third core enabled, bootloader unlocked, gingerbread + tweaks
1 Hero