Ask a question

No registration required

Can someone give me a short summary of how hacking has progressed

OP kenio8185

4th March 2011, 10:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

78 posts
I tried reading the forums, but a lot of it goes over my head. Can someone simply and shorten it for me.

I'm curious on if we got HDMI mirroring. I just read and saw the webtop is now available, now all I need is mirroring on tv (unless I can do that with webtop).
Last edited by kenio8185; 4th March 2011 at 11:12 PM.
6th March 2011, 04:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bonham
Thanks Meter: 16

251 posts
More
I hate to say it but your request makes you sound lazy. Most of it is over my head to, but you can always just do a search for your very specific topic of hdmi mirroring.
I will say that we have lost a few dev's because of the locked nature of our bootloader, however I personally remain hopeful that the Canadian version (or international version?) if/when released may have a key to unlocking the bootloader.
There are themes, and one "rom". I have seen a hulu workaround, and some apk's just for our phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Athailias For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2011, 05:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 17

312 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athailias

I hate to say it but your request makes you sound lazy. Most of it is over my head to, but you can always just do a search for your very specific topic of hdmi mirroring.
I will say that we have lost a few dev's because of the locked nature of our bootloader, however I personally remain hopeful that the Canadian version (or international version?) if/when released may have a key to unlocking the bootloader.
There are themes, and one "rom". I have seen a hulu workaround, and some apk's just for our phone.

I'm in Canada... waiting for its release on March 17th. I hope there's a reason behind your hopes for the 'Canadian' bootloader to be unsigned.
6th March 2011, 07:22 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bonham
Thanks Meter: 16

251 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TareX

I'm in Canada... waiting for its release on March 17th. I hope there's a reason behind your hopes for the 'Canadian' bootloader to be unsigned.

Unfortunately if I wait until the 17th I will be past the deadline to return my phone, however I am going to have a little faith that the expansion of the phone to other countries will bring about a larger dev base. My experience with the samsung captivate was that the American version was slower for updates than telus and bell variants of the same phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread