NFC Task Launcher uses the NFC Hardware and RFID/NFC Tags to allow you to create tags several types of tags, including a custom "Task" tag that will automatically execute tasks when read. See Site for full feature list.
If you do use and enjoy the app it is up in the Market as a paid app. Any purchases / ratings are appreciated as I have put quite a few hours into this expanding it to fill requests for functionality.
6/12 Version 3.6
- GPS (Root needed)
- Mobile Data (Root needed)
- Display Timeout
- Fixed Airplane mode bugs
- Precision timer
- New languages
- Cloud backup and restore
5/9 Version 3.4
- UI updates
- Added German, Spanish and Korean
- Removed Italian as it is out of date
- All tags now save to "Your Tags". Recent shows the 5 most recently used
- Changed Tag limiting to uniquely track switch tags
4/19 Version 3.3
- Added Google Places support in Latitude
- Added Navigate to address support
- Added Auto-rotation
- Added write lock option when writing
- Added size to vCards
- Added setting to pause after launching an app (for launching multiple apps or launching and then interacting)
- Added notification when tags save when hitting finish
- Updated Tasker integration (should fix issues with HTC One X)
- Enhanced debugging to make bug reports easier
- Fixed condition where tasks would stop executing when wifi changed
- Fixed reported crashes and typo
This would be my question as well. I think this is a cool idea. Definitely need to have an easy to set up user interface to enable tags.
Once I get the tags I'll add a main UI for building/writing the text tags. I had assumed constructing them manually and then writing with one of the existing products would be easy enough, but it's pretty trivial to implement a simple text tag writer and accompanying UI.
Hmm that would be really cool. Embed a tag in my doorframe and set it to enable/disable wifi so I never have to do it by hand lol. Put one it my car steering wheel to turn on BT...you're a genius sir!
I overlooked that entirely. I'll add toggle support as well.
I don't have tags to test writes tonight, but if my kids cooperate I'll try to get a UI and the associated logic set up over the next few days. Then when the tags arrive I'll get some video/screenshots up for people to are how it all works.
Ok, toggle support is in. I created a UI to start with tonight for tag building. The known SSIDs and app list aren't populated yet - I'll get to that some time this week. It needs cleaned up a bit as well, but it's a start for now.
It does looks like auto BT pairing isn't part of the API, so that my be out of the feature list. But enabling Wifi Tethering and associating with a known SSID should be no problem.
Frustrated Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3users, … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?