Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,277 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Extended battery for HTC HD7

Tip us?

geekdude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Extended battery for HTC HD7

Hey All!

Just stumbled upon a new product from Mugen Power for HTC HD7 for 3900mah.

It looks bulky but as I'm travelling a lot I would really get a good use of it. I saw many positive reviews about them, droiddog.com in example...Thinking of buying it.
Any thoughts? Anyone with previous Mugen experience?

Bests,
Dave

bundy5686
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Dont buy it.
It product too much heat when u run an app, and it make ur phone very heavy.

evolutionqy7
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I have one. The battery definetly adds alot of weight too it. Also since the phone wasnt made for a bigger battery windows phone displays the battery level incorrectly and you need to restart it everytime you want to see correct battery level. Also takes forever to charge it.

Also the 3900mah is false advertising.
Their 2x the size the original 2x1280= 2560mah.

Your better getting a spare
Nokia N97 < HTC HD2 > HTC HD7 < Samsung Omnia 7 < HTC Titan < Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II

Search before you post!
Post questions in the questions and answers section

geekdude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
wow. I heard good stuff about Mugen on other forums and sites. Even phandroid gave them a good review.
Thanks anyway! Will check more on them.

evolutionqy7
Old
Thanks Meter 31
not sure about mugen ones but the ones on ebay arent really worth the money, time or the extra thickness
Nokia N97 < HTC HD2 > HTC HD7 < Samsung Omnia 7 < HTC Titan < Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II

Search before you post!

geekdude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Just got a reply from Mugen Power. Checked their official site and they seem legit.

2evolutionqy7
I don't buy these things from eBay. Trying to use official reseller sites. Read about Mugen - they have one that is pretty good. I have one battery from them for another phone but it's not that big as this one. Will buy this one I guess. I don't care about cosmetics - I need it for other things.

evolutionqy7
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdude View Post
Just got a reply from Mugen Power. Checked their official site and they seem legit.

2evolutionqy7
I don't buy these things from eBay. Trying to use official reseller sites. Read about Mugen - they have one that is pretty good. I have one battery from them for another phone but it's not that big as this one. Will buy this one I guess. I don't care about cosmetics - I need it for other things.
Its up to you Either way the battery is still gonna be displayed incorrectly

Still wouldnt spend 50+ quid on a battery.

The mugen ones are only better by a margin. Nothing really worth paying for in my opinion

Search before you post!

isoman4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Yoobao from Amazon

I bought a Yoobao 2200mAh battery from Amazon about a month ago (http://www.amazon.com/2200-Extended-...0571465&sr=8-6). Battery life is DEFINATELY improved. I've done no truly scientific measurement of how much better the battery is, but I will say I can now use the phone how I see fit (with the exception of my email, which is not set to download automatically for various reasons) without worrying much about charging the battery every time I blink. It does indeed add extra weight, but nothing terrible.

Bottom line...even though the battery meter is no longer accurate, it doesn't matter. I don't have to charge the phone after playing a game and listening to music and surfing a bit. That in itself is worth the $24.99 that the battery cost.

The way the extended back cover feels is pretty nice. It gives it a kind of grip feel...but that grip stuff is also starting to peel from the corners, so the build quality of the new battery back isn't all that great.

JWhipple
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by isoman4 View Post
I bought a Yoobao 2200mAh battery from Amazon about a month ago (http://www.amazon.com/2200-Extended-...0571465&sr=8-6). Battery life is DEFINATELY improved. I've done no truly scientific measurement of how much better the battery is, but I will say I can now use the phone how I see fit (with the exception of my email, which is not set to download automatically for various reasons) without worrying much about charging the battery every time I blink. It does indeed add extra weight, but nothing terrible.

Bottom line...even though the battery meter is no longer accurate, it doesn't matter. I don't have to charge the phone after playing a game and listening to music and surfing a bit. That in itself is worth the $24.99 that the battery cost.

The way the extended back cover feels is pretty nice. It gives it a kind of grip feel...but that grip stuff is also starting to peel from the corners, so the build quality of the new battery back isn't all that great.
I'm glad to read this. I ordered one myself and it arrived today.

isoman4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhipple View Post
I'm glad to read this. I ordered one myself and it arrived today.
Excellent! What do you think of it so far? Just like the oem battery, it takes a while to charge at first. Charging time will get better over time.

Tags
extended battery, htc hd7, mugen power