Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] Enable the car dock external audio without Samsung's Home apps

Tip us?

TheBeano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by hms666 View Post
How about adding an options to turn on bluetooth when car-docked and wifi when desk-docked ?
I would use Tasker for that, it really is a great app.

TheBeano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
The external audio jack feature is still broken in Gingerbread (JVK). The built-in speaker sound mutes but sound doesn't get switched to the USB output. So don't upgrade if you want to keep this feature. Now I have to downgrade, grr.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheBeano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheBeano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
I updated the app in post #1 with a version that has separate settings for home and car docks. If the phone is docked then clicking on the relevant checkbox will turn the external output on and off straight away.

brett.darnell
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Awesome works for desk dock.

Big thank-you.

If u put up a PayPal donation link ill donate.

TheBeano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Thanks, if you like it please donate to the CyanogenMod developers: go to this thread and click the link under "SUPPORT US".

altheman200
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default can't open APK

Hi, the app you created is in .zip format I assume I would have to change it to .apk to launch it on my Galaxy S. But that does not seem to work. I think there is something obvious I am missing here. Please help. Thanks.

altheman200
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sorry figured it out!

feel dumb for not trying this before I asked but downloaded AndroZip and got it figured thanks for the great app.

obakr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Gingerbread version soon?

Hi TheBeano, is there any plan for making a gingerbread version soon?
I also had to downgrade my phone to use the dock.

TheBeano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by obakr View Post
Hi TheBeano, is there any plan for making a gingerbread version soon?
I also had to downgrade my phone to use the dock.
Samsung has to fix it in the kernel, hopefully they will test it with all their accessories before they release it.

ctleng76
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by theutz View Post
Hello guys!first of all TheBeano great job dude.your app it's great.i use it with my galaxy s and car dock.it'a great because now with your app i can output my music direct to car speaker with 3.5 jack cable (dock to car aux).but when i receive a call it's turn to speakers mode.i want to output my voice call to 3.5 jack too, to have a nice car kit.any ideeas how to enable external output voice call to earphones .thx
I am not sure which ROM you are using and which kernel you have installed, but ever since I installed an Onix kernel my car dock audio output works for phone calls as well. I can now hear the phone call audio through my car stereo and speak into the air. I have been able to do this with both Onix 2.0.3 and 2.0.4.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T)
NC1 Rooted with Safestrap 3.72 and GPE 4.4.4