[GAME][SIMULATION] The Game Of Life (I need your patterns for Hall of Fans)
The game of life is actually a cellular automaton devised by the mathematician John Horton Conway in 1970.
It's sort of a virtual world where many cells are living.
They reproduce and die under certain conditions.
This game does not need the player itself (kind of zero-player game), but we can make it more interactive by adding special patterns that will evolve in specific ways, or by changing the rules of the world, for instance.
The main features of my implementation are:
¤ Play / Pause / Reset / Random Buttons
¤ Changing the speed
¤ Changing the size of the world
¤ The world is shaped like a torus
¤ Changing the color:
¤ Changing the shape of cells (11 available)
¤ Become master of the world by changing the rules:
- 12 predefined rules
- Create your own rules
¤ Library patterns (over 50):
- Space fillers
¤ Possibility of sending patterns by email
¤ Create life or destroy it, simply by touching the screen!
For any bug, suggestion or information contact me at:
- Available in French and English
- Compatible with all screens
- Compatible with all android versions
For more information, visit the official wiki:
- Reducing the brightness of the background splashscreen.
- The speed is no longer given to the maximum after the loading of a pattern
- Small graphic makeover
- Better support for large screens (high resolution)
- Better management of the speed bar
- Fixed small bugs
- Ability to change background
- Added antialiasing
- Fixed clicking a single cell
- Ability to zoom in / out without destroying
- Blocking the screen orientation
- Added app2SD
- Added German version (thank you Daniel S)
- Added 3 new rules
- Added world appearance (square or torus)
- Added a gallery of fans
- Change buttons appearance
- Ability to move the world
- Quick Save/Load
- Zoom issues fixed
- Added 3 new rules
- Added 5 new patterns from fans
- Improving Performance