[Q] Camera won't start after update 3 days ago

Search This thread

Conkobonko

Jan 20, 2010
The update came thru on my Hd7 3 days ago. All's well it seems, but the camera won't start. Tried rebooting a few times, still the same. Anybody else had this? + I can't see what this update has done..

elzo666

Jan 26, 2008
i have the same problem man it just stop but before the update so i think its software problem

hamidnankali

Jan 15, 2009
Its got nothing to do with the rom or any update and software , i had the same problem n i did a lot of tests on the software but no luck !
then i opened the top back cover of the hd7 , removed battery , open top 6 screws , (no need to open the bottom cover and 2 screws with void label ) , gently remove the plastic cover , you will see the camera module there push it down to the board and youll hear a click , ITS OK NOW

yarivb

Apr 24, 2009
Same issue after the upgrade

i also had the same issue with the camera after installing the update.
up to that moment, all was working fine.

in an attempt to fix this, i performed a few rests through the Settings->About->Phone reset. after each reset, it seemed to be working for a few moments, but then, after a while, it stopped again.

called HTC and they could not help me other than saying to reset the phone.

i did find that a hardware reset using the buttons is performing a different level of a rest and for now, it seems to solve the problem. (power off, Power on with vol up and down pressed).

as others on the thread experienced, i do blame the software update.