app2sd vs link2sd

OP hehe13

29th October 2011, 07:41 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 48

168 posts
Donate to Me
More
Talking
I vote for linktosd. there are some other feature in it then juste move apps to the sd automatic or per app.like uninstall system apps, freeze and unfreeze apps. to create a second partition is very easy: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...d_partitioning
22nd December 2011, 01:24 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by necrohades

another argument here: Link2SD can move apk and dex files only. Data folders remains on the phone. you will notice that the more apps you install, even though you move them to ext*, your internal storage will eventually get smaller.

App2sd moves everything, so you will save more space that way.

preference then. if you need more internal space, go for app2sd. if you need some apps on the internal storage like i do (widgets, utility tools like root explorer, call meter, poweramp), use Link2sd.

Is that quote above right?? Please, can anyone answer me if necrohades's post is true?? I need to know this because i need sooooo much free space on my internal memory.
Is is true that APP2SD MOVES EVERYTHING to SD and LINK2SD do not??

Thank you very much for you attention.

PS: I dont have a x10, my phone is LG P698f Android 2.3.4.
Last edited by marcozpaulo; 22nd December 2011 at 01:35 PM.
22nd December 2011, 05:47 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 9

171 posts
Link2sd is nice
5th January 2012, 01:57 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 2

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozpaulo

Is that quote above right?? Please, can anyone answer me if necrohades's post is true?? I need to know this because i need sooooo much free space on my internal memory.

Same question here.
19th January 2012, 11:53 AM   |  #45  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEunit10

-----------------
Same question here.

Hehe, its a very bad sign: no one knows explain this... what bad
1st February 2012, 06:29 AM   |  #46  
Flag Bucharest

25 posts
More
It's been said.

App2SD moves EVERYTHING ( event the new launcher you install from the market ) - anything you install after the app2sd was flashed goes directly to the sd-ext.
Link2SD let's you choose the apks you want to move ( you can leave the new launcher installed from the market on the phone's memory so you don't get a "slow" phone ).

Correct me if i'm wrong.

If you want to use App2SD you have to buy a Class 6 - 10 MicroSDHC ... I'm using the stock SD card that came with the phone and GoLauncher with App2SD is a little slow ( a little more, event Zeam Launcher is slow ).
3rd February 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsight73

I have no intention of reverting everything just for the sake of link2sd since both working the same principle only that link2sd have the option to choose which app to install where..

Uhh, not really. Link2SD creates a symbolic link to the files making Android think the files are actually in Internal storage. It's a long-time feature of Linux which Windows to this day still 'hides' (even though they added the commands since Vista).

App2SD moves only some or a part of the application. A lot is left behind in your internal storage.

Link2SD moves the [1] application file; [2] dalvik-cache file; and [3] library files; then creates a symlink in the internal storage.

In other words, more space with Link2SD. In App2SD you'll eventually ran out of internal storage.

This is very noticeable in Android devices with limited Internal storage space.

Quote:

No. App2SD only moves some or part of the application. You will still ran out of internal storage.

Link2SD moves the [1] application file; [2] dalvik-cache file; [3] library files and then creates a symlink (symbolic link) to those moved files. Thus Android sees these file as being in "internal storage" but not actually eating up internal space.

Some mentioned that data files are being moved by Link2SD. This is not true either. It may be added down the road but no Link2SD version has this feature yet. Besides, it's risky to move data files. The app file, dalvik-cache, and lib files are more than enough.

My installed apps is nearing the 100 mark and I still have 100MB+ of free internal storage in my SGY. Not possible with App2SD - which I tried (Heck, the reason I discovered Link2SD was because I found out the limited capabilities of App2SD - I ran out of internal storage.)

I hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shæl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2012, 02:50 AM   |  #48  

19 posts
I more prefer link2sd than app2sd
6th February 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #49  
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
More
I have voted linked2sd for the pre-2.2 compatibility
14th May 2012, 09:40 AM   |  #50  

24 posts
Link2SD no doubt. easy to use and with a phone having a small internal memory, a boon.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app2sd, link2sd
Previous Thread Next Thread