Thanks Meter 72
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York City, NY
How-To Reinstall Your Sprint Visual VM under CM7!!!
Finally!!! A solution that worked!!!
I DO NOT CLAIM CREDIT. I'M PROVIDING THIS FOR THE GOOD OF THE FORUM (Original post found here
- Download the Sprint VVM 188.8.131.52 Titanium Backup zip: Download attached below
- Extract the Sprint VVM 184.108.40.206 Titanium Backup zip to the root of the SD card.
- Download & install Titanium Backup from the Market.
- Launch Titanium Backup and make sure Sprint VVM is removed (if not, use Titanium Backup to remove it).
- Install the Sprint VVM (/sdcard/sprint_vvm_220.127.116.11.apk).
- Launch Titanium Backup, select Sprint VVM, select Restore and select Data Only.
- NOTE: There is App+Data but it doesn't work.
- Launch the Sprint VVM and "Compose" a message to yourself. It will test send and receive functions of Sprint VVM.
- Enjoy and report back to the XDA thread with your results.
- NOTE: If the above steps do not work, try manually placing the contents of the folder (titaniumbackup) into the preexisting titanium backup folder, i.e. install the APK as instructed, but also extracting the three files within the contained folder into your titanium backup folder.
I can verify and confirm that Sprint VVM (SVVM) works under CM7 Nightly 12 with the stock kernel, using the above method.
NB: On receipt of new voicemail, a text from "9016" will be sent to your phone. I'm using the basic CM7 MMS app and haven't figured out how to stop these notification texts, but that's a minor annoyance to have SVVM back!
Nexus S 4G (D720)
Rooted Stock - Netarchy 18.104.22.168 Kernel - Overclocked 1.2GHz
(Formerly EVO 4G/Amon RA/CM7/Toastcfh g0DMode)