How-To Reinstall Your Sprint Visual VM under CM7!!!

OP TonyArmstrong

7th March 2011, 12:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City, NY
Thanks Meter: 74

150 posts
More
Finally!!! A solution that worked!!!

I DO NOT CLAIM CREDIT. I'M PROVIDING THIS FOR THE GOOD OF THE FORUM (Original post found here)
  1. Download the Sprint VVM 5.1.0.48 Titanium Backup zip: Download attached below
  2. Extract the Sprint VVM 5.1.0.48 Titanium Backup zip to the root of the SD card.
  3. Download & install Titanium Backup from the Market.
  4. Launch Titanium Backup and make sure Sprint VVM is removed (if not, use Titanium Backup to remove it).
  5. Install the Sprint VVM (/sdcard/sprint_vvm_5.1.0.48.apk).
  6. Launch Titanium Backup, select Sprint VVM, select Restore and select Data Only.
  7. NOTE: There is App+Data but it doesn't work.
  8. Launch the Sprint VVM and "Compose" a message to yourself. It will test send and receive functions of Sprint VVM.
  9. Enjoy and report back to the XDA thread with your results.
  10. NOTE: If the above steps do not work, try manually placing the contents of the folder (titaniumbackup) into the preexisting titanium backup folder, i.e. install the APK as instructed, but also extracting the three files within the contained folder into your titanium backup folder.

I can verify and confirm that Sprint VVM (SVVM) works under CM7 Nightly 12 with the stock kernel, using the above method.

NB: On receipt of new voicemail, a text from "9016" will be sent to your phone. I'm using the basic CM7 MMS app and haven't figured out how to stop these notification texts, but that's a minor annoyance to have SVVM back!
Attached Files
File Type: zip sprint-vvm-5.1.0.48.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.98 MB, 26710 views)
The Following 70 Users Say Thank You to TonyArmstrong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2011, 05:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

200 posts
Holy crap - thanks! I have seen this solution before, but no one posted a backup file with it. You fixed my voicemail for the first time since I flashed the first unofficial cm7.
The Following User Says Thank You to austontatious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2011, 05:22 AM   |  #3  
Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 10

115 posts
More
Thanks bro
8th March 2011, 07:38 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 23

287 posts
This worked perfectly. Thank you!
8th March 2011, 09:18 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

160 posts
Sweet! This works!

Thanks so much!

CM7-RC2
8th March 2011, 09:28 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 100

743 posts
I've tried a number of versions of the VVM app without success but I'll give this one a whirl.
8th March 2011, 09:29 PM   |  #7  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 3

174 posts
More
Thanks!!! : )
8th March 2011, 09:40 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 49

775 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanvbva

This worked perfectly. Thank you!

Ditto! I have tried various other techniques and this finally worked!

Would be nice if this could somehow be packaged into a single APK though. Anyone know how to do that?
8th March 2011, 10:34 PM   |  #9  
Elgin, IL
Thanks Meter: 16

92 posts
More
it took me few times to figure out the direction since i already had titanium and i just switched to a new sd card

But, its working Thanks
8th March 2011, 10:44 PM   |  #10  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 76

1,255 posts
Donate to Me
Sprint vvm has always worked with cm but it is the annoying texts you get with each voicemail. You can use handcent or chomp sms and blacklist the texts fyi.

The Following User Says Thank You to stangdriverdoug For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, evo, install, visual voicemail
Previous Thread Next Thread