Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sick of MotoBlur.. what's most stable stock-like rom?

OP sinistersai4d4d

7th March 2011, 04:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

512 posts
My girl has a D2G and hates its sluggishness.

I have a G2 running Cyanogen 6.

I'm going to attempt to root her phone (with z4Root 1.3 I guess?) this week and then I want to flash a stable fast rom.

Any suggestions.

I hate motorola for insisting on crippling Android. I also hate Samsung for their slow updates. From here on out it's HTC or nothing.
7th March 2011, 04:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

141 posts
More
The general consensus is that Liberty is the closest to stock Android. However I tend to lean towards Fission. It's not as close to stock as Liberty, however in my personal tests/usage it seems to preform better.
7th March 2011, 05:36 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Currently the only custom Rom for the D2G is Fission from Team Defuse. You can get some D2 Roms (like liberty) to work if you use Team Get~R~Done's D2G_Romer.zip.
7th March 2011, 07:30 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

512 posts
Is Fission faster than the d2g stock 2/Motoblur? My girls phone freezes and crashes too frequently.

I want something very stable.

Sent from my HTC Vision using telepathy and unicorn dust.
7th March 2011, 09:22 AM   |  #5  
Flag Marion, KY
Thanks Meter: 7

155 posts
More
yes its MUCH faster, its "de-blurred" and blur slows the phone down a ****-ton so yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to botnryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2011, 07:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

512 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by botnryan

yes its MUCH faster, its "de-blurred" and blur slows the phone down a ****-ton so yes.

Thanks!

Ok I'm gonna do it tomorrow. Once I'm rooted (using z4) is it just a matter of putting flashing with clockwork like I do on my G2?
7th March 2011, 11:23 PM   |  #7  

141 posts
More
You can download it and flash through clockwork, or you can download the Fission Rom manager which will download the rom, and flash it for you.
8th March 2011, 01:21 PM   |  #8  
Flag Las Vegas

39 posts
Donate to Me
More
With D2 and D2G best option in getting bootstrapper and bootstrapping recovery then flashing your goodies, seems to be the easiest for me, and once you have boot strapper the fission rom manager is pretty nifty as well
8th March 2011, 03:41 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

512 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaskater1

With D2 and D2G best option in getting bootstrapper and bootstrapping recovery then flashing your goodies, seems to be the easiest for me, and once you have boot strapper the fission rom manager is pretty nifty as well

\I don't know what any of this means, so I'm just gonna flash fission.
8th March 2011, 05:44 PM   |  #10  

141 posts
More
You're going to have to do the above to be able to flash Fission though. You need to download an app called Droid 2 Recovery Bootstraper. When you run the app, you'll have two options. "Bootstrap Recovery" and "Reboot Recovery". Option one has to be done to be able to book into the non-stock recovery, option two will then allow you to boot reboot directly into recovery. Unlike your G2, to be able to even be able to boot into clockwork, you have to first have to use option one as listed above.

https://market.android.com/details?i...oid2.bootstrap

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Gilgamesh- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread