Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sick of MotoBlur.. what's most stable stock-like rom?

Tip us?

sinistersai4d4d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Sick of MotoBlur.. what's most stable stock-like rom?

My girl has a D2G and hates its sluggishness.

I have a G2 running Cyanogen 6.

I'm going to attempt to root her phone (with z4Root 1.3 I guess?) this week and then I want to flash a stable fast rom.

Any suggestions.

I hate motorola for insisting on crippling Android. I also hate Samsung for their slow updates. From here on out it's HTC or nothing.

-Gilgamesh-
Old
Thanks Meter 24
The general consensus is that Liberty is the closest to stock Android. However I tend to lean towards Fission. It's not as close to stock as Liberty, however in my personal tests/usage it seems to preform better.

buryboi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Currently the only custom Rom for the D2G is Fission from Team Defuse. You can get some D2 Roms (like liberty) to work if you use Team Get~R~Done's D2G_Romer.zip.

sinistersai4d4d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Is Fission faster than the d2g stock 2/Motoblur? My girls phone freezes and crashes too frequently.

I want something very stable.

Sent from my HTC Vision using telepathy and unicorn dust.

botnryan
Old
Thanks Meter 7
yes its MUCH faster, its "de-blurred" and blur slows the phone down a ****-ton so yes.
Phone History:
HTC Touch Pro (Root Rom, Energy Rom)
HTC Droid Eris (stock, unrooted)
Moto Droid 2 Global
Current:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Toro
The Following User Says Thank You to botnryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sinistersai4d4d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by botnryan View Post
yes its MUCH faster, its "de-blurred" and blur slows the phone down a ****-ton so yes.
Thanks!

Ok I'm gonna do it tomorrow. Once I'm rooted (using z4) is it just a matter of putting flashing with clockwork like I do on my G2?

-Gilgamesh-
Old
Thanks Meter 24
You can download it and flash through clockwork, or you can download the Fission Rom manager which will download the rom, and flash it for you.
The information I give is considered as-is, based on my personal opinion and experiences. Use at your own risk.

If I have helped you successfully, I wouldn't mind if you clicking the "Thanks" button.

BB Bold --> Droid 2 --> HTC Thunderbolt

skaskater1
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
With D2 and D2G best option in getting bootstrapper and bootstrapping recovery then flashing your goodies, seems to be the easiest for me, and once you have boot strapper the fission rom manager is pretty nifty as well

sinistersai4d4d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaskater1 View Post
With D2 and D2G best option in getting bootstrapper and bootstrapping recovery then flashing your goodies, seems to be the easiest for me, and once you have boot strapper the fission rom manager is pretty nifty as well
\I don't know what any of this means, so I'm just gonna flash fission.

-Gilgamesh-
Old
Thanks Meter 24
You're going to have to do the above to be able to flash Fission though. You need to download an app called Droid 2 Recovery Bootstraper. When you run the app, you'll have two options. "Bootstrap Recovery" and "Reboot Recovery". Option one has to be done to be able to book into the non-stock recovery, option two will then allow you to boot reboot directly into recovery. Unlike your G2, to be able to even be able to boot into clockwork, you have to first have to use option one as listed above.

https://market.android.com/details?i...oid2.bootstrap
The information I give is considered as-is, based on my personal opinion and experiences. Use at your own risk.

If I have helped you successfully, I wouldn't mind if you clicking the "Thanks" button.

BB Bold --> Droid 2 --> HTC Thunderbolt

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Gilgamesh- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]