Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

MIUI camera app for CM7 [New Version posted 5-28]

OP thoughtlesskyle

9th April 2011, 12:38 AM   |  #111  
thoughtlesskyle's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Outside of Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 3,587
 
5,808 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laie1472

Unless I missed it its not on here the weather app or the music app.


Yea its Me Again With The
Modified Hero

the music and gallery are in a zip file stay clean posted it on the 1st or 2nd page

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=436
9th April 2011, 04:43 AM   |  #112  
laie1472's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 828
 
4,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtlesskyle

the music and gallery are in a zip file stay clean posted it on the 1st or 2nd page

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=436



Hummm. Thus my eyes deceive me. Hidden as a link with no post above or below. Might explain y I missed it. Now do you happen to know if that music app has the eq feature?? I don't want the gallery because I thought I read it has no pinch to zoom.



Yea its Me Again With The
Modified Hero
10th April 2011, 07:58 AM   |  #113  
MallardDuck's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lansing
Thanks Meter: 201
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
I was wondering if anyone knows if this is even worth trying with 2.6.35 AP4/5; AP 4/5 has working camera but it's very touchy?
15th April 2011, 01:14 AM   |  #114  
user7618's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 231
 
3,349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocker09

I was wondering if anyone knows if this is even worth trying with 2.6.35 AP4/5; AP 4/5 has working camera but it's very touchy?

Crazy idea here, download it, try it, and make that decision yourself. Its all opinion.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!
15th April 2011, 02:19 AM   |  #115  
MallardDuck's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lansing
Thanks Meter: 201
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by user7618

Crazy idea here, download it, try it, and make that decision yourself. Its all opinion.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!

Man, you're useful. If I thought it would have a chance of success then I'd do it, but since the kernel i was talking about already has a slightly less than stable camera as it is. If you have working knowledge the the 2.6.35 kernel then you'd know that and understand why I asked; if you don't then clearly you don't have any useful contribution to my inquiry and could have just as easily not replied to my post at all.

I asked here on a community forum because that's kinda the idea of a community forum....collaboration. I was merely asking the community if anyone else has experience with a specific kernel and this app to get their feedback before I decide to try it for myself.
15th April 2011, 03:14 AM   |  #116  
thoughtlesskyle's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Outside of Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 3,587
 
5,808 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocker09

Man, you're useful. If I thought it would have a chance of success then I'd do it, but since the kernel i was talking about already has a slightly less than stable camera as it is. If you have working knowledge the the 2.6.35 kernel then you'd know that and understand why I asked; if you don't then clearly you don't have any useful contribution to my inquiry and could have just as easily not replied to my post at all.

I asked here on a community forum because that's kinda the idea of a community forum....collaboration. I was merely asking the community if anyone else has experience with a specific kernel and this app to get their feedback before I decide to try it for myself.

So wait you made a reply telling him how useless his reply is when your going to flash it anyway? Anyone else confused like I am?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
15th April 2011, 03:21 AM   |  #117  
user7618's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 231
 
3,349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtlesskyle

So wait you made a reply telling him how useless his reply is when your going to flash it anyway? Anyone else confused like I am?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

*raises hand*

I thought that's why we have nandroids. In case we do something stupid. That way, we can try stuff out without risk, instead of waiting around 4 days for an answer. Maybe that's just me, though. Like I said, crazy idea, using all resources available to me.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!
15th April 2011, 04:43 AM   |  #118  
laie1472's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 828
 
4,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocker09

I was wondering if anyone knows if this is even worth trying with 2.6.35 AP4/5; AP 4/5 has working camera but it's very touchy?



Ohhh you got flamed lol. Ah man its just a way of saying welcome aboard. And fyi it kept freezing on me. It would open up but as soon as I snap a pic I get freeze city. Doesn't fc or anything it just freezes. So in short no. At least not for me.



Edit if you want try pushing the apk. It might work better. Or if you want I have a different apk I received from a xda member that I made flashable threw recovery to have it install as an apk. When I did it that way I was able to get it to work smooth. Now I'm thinking they are the same apk but not sure because I don't know were tk got the apk from. However when I flashed tk's zip it replaced the stock cam but was not functional. But when I flashed the other zip and it installed as an apk it worked fine. So i remember reading that tk posted that if you flash the zip in the op it replaces the stock vs if you extracted the apk from the zip and adb push it/ it will install as an apk. Hence forth it might work with sobes kernel if you push it.

Yea its me again. With the
Modified Hero
Last edited by laie1472; 16th April 2011 at 08:56 PM.
15th April 2011, 03:11 PM   |  #119  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Love this camera over the stock ROM one, but has anyone else noticed that it takes a while for it to actually snap a picture. I press the button to take the pic then have to hold my phone still for like 5-10 seconds before it actually takes a pic.

ANyone else have this, is there some setting I need to enable/disable?

Thanks in advance.
16th April 2011, 06:57 PM   |  #120  
dpeeps74's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 188
 
911 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Why is it that reading comprehension seems to be as non existent here as people using search? Everyone is so quick to flame but if you actually stop and take the time to comprehend what people are typing instead of being up each other's asses you may prevent yourselves from looking like complete tools.

~dpeeps74

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes