Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,107 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Arabic shaping for any deodexed rom

Tip us?

goodwill4u1
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Hi madmack
will this CMW works on a Ultibread V 1.4 Gingrbread custom rom?
thank you

or maybe patching it manually as described and not via CWM

wanam
Old
Recognized Contributor / Developer
Thanks Meter 21,172

DONATE TO ME
I have i strange problem after i have patched Darky 9.3 with your files, when i press "recovery" menu to reboot and go to recovery mode, it stucks in that menu a few seconds, and reboot without going to recovery mode.

Have this issue any relation with the modded "framework.jar"?

goodwill4u1
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanam View Post
I have i strange problem after i have patched Darky 9.3 with your files, when i press "recovery" menu to reboot and go to recovery mode, it stucks in that menu a few seconds, and reboot without going to recovery mode.

Have this issue any relation with the modded "framework.jar"?
+1
i have exactly the same issue, when i press power button then choosing Reboot or Recovery or Downloade mode, will vibrate phone 3 times and then freeze

madmack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,397

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwill4u1 View Post
+1
i have exactly the same issue, when i press power button then choosing Reboot or Recovery or Downloade mode, will vibrate phone 3 times and then freeze
I can't replicate this issue here. seems to be a problem on your device ? try to factory reset after patching your own framework.jar manually with my patch.

Quote:
Hi madmack
will this CMW works on a Ultibread V 1.4 Gingrbread custom rom?
thank you

or maybe patching it manually as described and not via CWM
I would say patch it manually just to be on the safe side. ur free to try out js5 cement file too

goodwill4u1
Old
(Last edited by goodwill4u1; 11th March 2011 at 09:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
I can't replicate this issue here. seems to be a problem on your device ? try to factory reset after patching your own framework.jar manually with my patch.
Thank madmack for your reply,
i was trying to patch it manually, i had the patched framework.jar, but i'm not able to replace it with the actual one, always saying when pasting the patched one that there are no free space avaiable.
i'm using Root explorer to replace it.
thank you for your help

madmack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,397

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank madmack for your reply,
i was trying to patch it manually, i had the patched framework.jar, but i'm not able to replace it with the actual one, always saying when pasting the patched one that there are no free space avaiable.
i'm using Root explorer to replace it.
thank you for your help
delete some stuff from /system/app that you don't use.

demon_da
Old
Thanks Meter 3
hi, im using darky v9.3 with your arabic support patch, i wonder is it possible to change the font of arabic strings? it would be awesome for persian users with special letters.

tnx in advance

imemish
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi madmack,

Using the CWM flashable file (CM7-arabic-patch-20110309b.zip) on the latest CM7 nightly build (update-cm-7-03112011-NIGHTLY-GalaxyS-signed.zip) is giving repetitive force close on the status bar, and the status bar is not showing any more. Any idea why ? Thanks.

madmack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4,397

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_da View Post
hi, im using darky v9.3 with your arabic support patch, i wonder is it possible to change the font of arabic strings? it would be awesome for persian users with special letters.

tnx in advance
I believe I included aljazeera fonts, just put them in your /system/fonts folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imemish View Post
Hi madmack,

Using the CWM flashable file (CM7-arabic-patch-20110309b.zip) on the latest CM7 nightly build (update-cm-7-03112011-NIGHTLY-GalaxyS-signed.zip) is giving repetitive force close on the status bar, and the status bar is not showing any more. Any idea why ? Thanks.
factory reset !

I should probably just make the cwm file do a dalvik format to avoid that problem.

imemish
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just tried the quick factory reset after installing the patch, but when i restart it's still the same error:

The application Status Bar (process com.android.systemui) has stopped unexpectedly ...