Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Autoroot attempt failure - phone rebooting

Tip us?
 
cjhudson101
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default [Q] Autoroot attempt failure - phone rebooting

Hello all,

Yesterday I spent some time attempting to root my EVO using autoroot.

Halfway through the process the script timed out (cmd window dissapeared) and my phone was left with a red exclamation point. After a few attempts to pick back up where the process left off (running autoroot again) the phone was unable to be seen by USB. At this point I decided to reinstall from the RUU and started over.

When the RUU was finished the phone came up just fine like a brand new EVO, but now the phone will reboot after being up for about 1 minute after sense finishes loading. The phone cannot be seen by USB with charge only and debugging enabled. The phone will charge, but that's about it. No icons on the notification bar for charge only or USB debug.

I've tried reinstalling from zip and exe RUU multiple times, but no change. Phone keeps rebooting 1 minute after everything loads up.

Any help would be appreciated. I feel like something is not getting cleared by the RUU, but I have no idea what to do at this point. Without the ability to use adb I can't figure out a way to make any progress.

Thanks!

--Chris
 
k2buckley
Old
#2  
k2buckley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 923
Posts: 3,282
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhudson101 View Post
Hello all,

Yesterday I spent some time attempting to root my EVO using autoroot.

Halfway through the process the script timed out (cmd window dissapeared) and my phone was left with a red exclamation point. After a few attempts to pick back up where the process left off (running autoroot again) the phone was unable to be seen by USB. At this point I decided to reinstall from the RUU and started over.

When the RUU was finished the phone came up just fine like a brand new EVO, but now the phone will reboot after being up for about 1 minute after sense finishes loading. The phone cannot be seen by USB with charge only and debugging enabled. The phone will charge, but that's about it. No icons on the notification bar for charge only or USB debug.

I've tried reinstalling from zip and exe RUU multiple times, but no change. Phone keeps rebooting 1 minute after everything loads up.

Any help would be appreciated. I feel like something is not getting cleared by the RUU, but I have no idea what to do at this point. Without the ability to use adb I can't figure out a way to make any progress.

Thanks!

--Chris

So this is happening after completely restoring with RUU and also with a PC36IMG? Just reboots, and usb isn't working? Have you tried different RUU's or a different PC36IMG, just to be sure? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hboot-0.97+ruu. Maybe you could try removing and reinstalling your sd card? I believe I've seen before where something being corrupted on the sd card could cause reboots, or issues installing an RUU or PC36IMG. Is your bootloader currently showing ship S on or ship S off? (just in case you need to take it to sprint, you want to be s off) I don't believe I've ever seen a similar situation, where it reboots consistenly after a minute of running right after running an RUU or PC36IMG, so I'm not sure on what the actual problem is or how you'd go about fixing it. Thats what PC36IMG or RUU are for, last resort to save your behind, but that is failing on you...
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: Stock / Rooted
Kernel: Shabby Custom MDL
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.0
The Following User Says Thank You to k2buckley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cjhudson101
Old
(Last edited by cjhudson101; 8th March 2011 at 11:08 PM.) Reason: Added the remove SD card portion
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Aug 2010
The md5 for the RUU exe in the link you provided does not match the MD5 for the RUU exe I was using. They are named with the same versions...

I will download the 3.70 RUU exe you linked to and then post with the results. I'm going to attempt the RUU with no SD card inserted to verify that it's not related to my issue.

Thanks for your response!
 
k2buckley
Old
#4  
k2buckley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 923
Posts: 3,282
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhudson101 View Post
The md5 for the RUU exe in the link you provided does not match the MD5 for the RUU exe I was using. They are named with the same versions...

I will download the 3.70 RUU exe you linked to and then post with the results. I'm going to attempt the RUU with no SD card inserted to verify that it's not related to my issue.

Thanks for your response!
You're welcome, I just hope that you're able to resolve the situation. That is kind of an odd one. Hope the new RUU works for you.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: Stock / Rooted
Kernel: Shabby Custom MDL
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.0
 
cjhudson101
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Aug 2010
Booted into recovery.

Ran the RUU exe.

Installation complete.

Green circle with evo (updating).

Reboots a couple times.

Evo white screen.

4G boot animation.

Phone starts up.

White HTC screen...

Waiting...

Skipping google activation for now...

Another white HTC screen.

Sense loading spinny circle...

Lock up and reboot.

White Evo screen again...

It'll keep doing this, but it does remember where you were when it restarts each time...

Anyone else got something for me?

I think it's going back to sprint tomorrow. I have the optional insurance on this phone...

--Chris
 
k2buckley
Old
#6  
k2buckley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 923
Posts: 3,282
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhudson101 View Post
Booted into recovery.

Ran the RUU exe.

Installation complete.

Green circle with evo (updating).

Reboots a couple times.

Evo white screen.

4G boot animation.

Phone starts up.

White HTC screen...

Waiting...

Skipping google activation for now...

Another white HTC screen.

Sense loading spinny circle...

Lock up and reboot.

White Evo screen again...

It'll keep doing this, but it does remember where you were when it restarts each time...

Anyone else got something for me?

I think it's going back to sprint tomorrow. I have the optional insurance on this phone...

--Chris
Damn. Yea, I think I would take it to sprint. Are you s-on now, after running the RUU's? Hopefully someone else has some more info for you, but I think you'll be needing to make a visit to Sprint. Good luck.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: Stock / Rooted
Kernel: Shabby Custom MDL
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.0
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more