It is derived from WM6.5 ROM, Original build CE OS 5.2.21876 (Build 21818.104.22.168) TG01_KPW100707.005.tsw. It builds on and refines number of previous releases. It contains a significant number of additional tweaks, including in particular:
- A heavily customised new edition of the TRITanium Weather application. This includes a ‘current weather’ icon overlayed on the Titanium home page.
- Addition of the i-nigma 3D Barcode reader application
- Adoption of Opera 10 as the default browser
- Addition of Skype
- Updated editions of a number of other embedded applications (eg. Google Maps)
- Various further Registry amendments to improve operation
Attachment 1596238Attachment 1596239Attachment 1596240Attachment 1596241Attachment 1596242Attachment 1596243Attachment 1596244Attachment 1596245
I hope this may continue to be useful to users wanting a stable ROM with good base features and apps, onto which they can add own preferred choices to quickly have a fully featured phone. It is configured with a well-featured Titanium interface together with the option to toggle seamlessly between Titanium and the WM Classic Today screen.
Summary of Changes:
- Some 950 further files have been removed, together with addition of various registry changes and rationalisation of .provxml.
- All Titanium configurations for non-WVGA screen formats removed
- Titanium oriented with Carbon theme and harmonised Toshiba Keyboard / Freepad
- Titanium / WM Classic Today toggle incorporated
- Carbon-skinned Core Player included
- Custom edition of TRITanium Weather with current weather overlay. Streamlined by removal of all non-WXVGA configs and setting with Accuweather icons throughout as default.
- 3D Barcode reader added
- Screen sensitivity auto-applied during .cab load
- Full app Close with selectable options.
- Taskbar Battery Meter
Win 7 style opening Splashscreen optimised to the TG01
Win Phone style animated Shutdown splashscreen
Colour Icon Taskbar with Windows 7 Orb [Based on GFreek’s with many own amendments and new icons]
Carbon_TG01 electric blue theme as default
Custom Start Menu structure and Folder Icons
- Power sub-Menu including Power Off, Soft Reset, Screen Light, Standby, Settings and hidden Hard Reset options
- Home Screen Settings sub-Menu including Sliding Albums, Favourite People, TRITanium Weather, My Location
2 pixel full-width Battery meter at top of Taskbar
Real X to ‘Close’ functionality ‘InClose’
.net Framework 3.5 [Based on Arag0n85’s implementation in the original debranded ROM]
Audio Test (5.1 channel identifier)
Preset Registry Settings / Tweaks
- UK Regional
- Wireless G active
- Screen sensitivity applied during .cab load (can be further refined if desired using usual screen.cpl)
MS Office Mobile 2010
Pictures & Videos
Camera with Muted Shutter Sound [To turn off Shutter completely use Novembre5’s .cab]
Skinned edition of CorePlayer
Windows Media Player
Games: Bubblebreaker, Solitaire
Titanium Plugins: TRITanium Weather + My Location; Sliding Albums; Favourite People; Application Launcher
i-nigma 3D Barcode reader
Opera Mobile 10
- AGPS FixMode set to to 0 instead of 2
- It was originally recommended NOT to use the 'Close' function of InClose with the Start Menu to avoid accidentally completely close it down. This could be resolved by clicking on eg. the Time bar on the Titanium home screen to open an applet and then use the X button top right to soft reset (press & hold to bring up the InClose menu).
- The current edition of the ROM overcomes this issue by 'excluding' shell32.exe in InClose settings. An additional, optional exclusion which has been found useful is fexplorer.exe. You may want to amend to include Resco or Total Commander equivalents depending on added 3rd party software.
- Beyond that, it is very much up to the individual how it is preferred to configure InClose - please refer to the settings for the variety of available options.
Storage: In Use – 41 MB Free – 221 MB
Programe: In Use – 125 MB Free – 80 MB
Toshiba ‘Blinds’ UI
All MS Themes [All available to install to taste if desired]
MSN Money, Weather Widgets [Available here: Money.zip, Weather.zip]
Some 900 further files compared to previous ‘clean’ WM6.5 edition
For information on Titanium Setup please refer to Post #2 below
Cedesmith for the development of TGTool, without which this and every other TG01 ROM would not be possible.
arag0n85 for great patience as I learned to take baby steps and began to understand.
Farmer Ted for giving the key to unscrambling Start Menus.
GFreek for the original colour Taskbars from which this version is derived.
adzman808 for helpful injections of common sense.
virgilp for the original app behind the Screen Off function
TinTin for the original app behind the Standby and Soft Reset functions
djedric for permission to utilise elements from his work in the Carbon Theme
AndrewSpec for permission to include the SlidingAlbums Titanium plugin
chriscsh for permission to include the Clauncher Titanium plugin
arealityfarbetween for permission to include Tritanium Weather
copenhagen for permission to include TiToggle
Sleuth255 for the myLocation service (permisison requested)
appstar for permission to include the Favourite People Titanium plugin
David Andrs for the Batti battery meter (permission requested)
Most of these items have been customised for this build.
1. Download and unzip the ROM below
2. Copy SDDL+ to the root of your uSD Card
3. Create a directory \prg on the uSD Card
4. Copy the ROM .tsw file to uSDCard\prg
5. Run Sddl+ from \Storage Card
6. Further information is available here.
Update Release at 27 Dec 2012:
TG01_KPW121227.001.tsw Radio Version 5001.0300.76
Update Release at 18 Jun 2011:
TG01_KPW110618.007.tsw Radio Version 5001.0300.76
Update Release at 6 May 2011:
TG01_KPW110506.001.tsw Radio Version 5001.0300.76
Initial Release at 8 March 2011:
TG01_KPW110308.003.tsw Radio Version 5001.0300.76