Post Reply

Help! Stuck in Hboot Loop. [SOLVED]

9th March 2011, 02:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Help! I installed Android Rev 3.0 with no problems at all...worked great! Today I noticed Android Rev 4.0. I saw in the instructions that you needed to WIPE to install. Being a noob, I thought that meant that you had to format the sd card...which I did using rom manager. Then in rom manager I went to install the new Android Rev 4.0 off of my newly formatted sd card...and i've been stuck in a HBOOT loop ever since. I can't even get the phone to be recognized by my computer to try to flash RUU. I do have S-off. I do have the clockworkmod backup recovery.img, system.img and boot.img...but I can't get past this HBOOT loop. I tried everything to get into recovery...but nothing works...even tried system restore...nothing. I think the sd card might have lost its goldcard status because it no longer says "goldcard". Could that be the problem? Any suggestions? I need help before my 30 day return status is gone!
Last edited by gallogj; 9th March 2011 at 04:21 AM.
9th March 2011, 03:16 AM   |  #2  
doktor buknasty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 108
 
746 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallogj

Help! I installed Android Rev 3.0 with no problems at all...worked great! Today I noticed Android Rev 4.0. I saw in the instructions that you needed to WIPE to install. Being a noob, I thought that meant that you had to format the sd card...which I did using rom manager. Then in rom manager I went to install the new Android Rev 4.0 off of my newly formatted sd card...and i've been stuck in a HBOOT loop ever since. I can't even get the phone to be recognized by my computer to try to flash RUU. I do have S-off. I do have the clockworkmod backup recovery.img, system.img and boot.img...but I can't get past this HBOOT loop. I tried everything to get into recovery...but nothing works...even tried system restore...nothing. I think the sd card might have lost its goldcard status because it no longer says "goldcard". Could that be the problem? Any suggestions? I need help before my 30 day return status is gone!

Read this post, it might be able to help you:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1744
The Following User Says Thank You to doktor buknasty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2011, 03:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Thanks! I'll give that a try and post the results. I've tried a similar file earlier...and still couldn't get to recovery.
9th March 2011, 03:30 AM   |  #4  
doktor buknasty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 108
 
746 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallogj

Thanks! I'll give that a try and post the results. I've tried a similar file earlier...and still couldn't get to recovery.

It's not suppose to help getting into recovery. Quick question tho: when you get into bootloader, does any option that you choose send you back to bootloader?
The Following User Says Thank You to doktor buknasty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2011, 03:45 AM   |  #5  
Noz85's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 146
 
625 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Can you get into fastboot?
If you can this might help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=983452


sent from my HTC Inspired Desire HD 4G
Last edited by Noz85; 9th March 2011 at 03:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Noz85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2011, 04:05 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooyoo222

It's not suppose to help getting into recovery. Quick question tho: when you get into bootloader, does any option that you choose send you back to bootloader?

When the phone starts...it goes into fastboot...then goes to HBOOT...then runs the PD98IMG...updates....goes back to HBOOT screen. When I select recovery...it shows the HTC logo...fades to black...then nothing. No button pressing in the world gets it out of that black screen. I take the battery out...put it back in...and back to the fastboot screen I go. I'm going to try the new updated PD98IMG file mentioned...fingers crossed! I wonder if it would be as simple as getting a SD card file dump from someone who just installed AR 3.0 and putting the same files on my card? I dunno...gonna try the PD98IMG again first!
9th March 2011, 04:15 AM   |  #7  
Noz85's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 146
 
625 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
You might have to run the RUU and then re root

sent from my HTC Inspired Desire HD 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to Noz85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2011, 04:19 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Talking Eureka!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooyoo222

Read this post, it might be able to help you:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1744


The PD98IMG.zip that I downloaded from this thread worked! I can't believe it! It's a miracle!

If only I didn't snap my sd card cover in half trying to remove it numerous times...I would be completely unfazed...but now I have to scour ebay to find a replacement!

Thanks to everyone who helped! I hope this will help some other lost soul! Now to reroot and get that AR 4.0 installed!
16th March 2012, 11:09 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Hboot stuck too
I have the same problem, if u can restore can u please show
Me how. My email is tpcamau68@yahoo.com thanks
Please help
16th March 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #10  
pazzo02's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago area
Thanks Meter: 112
 
341 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by camau68

I have the same problem, if u can restore can u please show
Me how. My email is tpcamau68@yahoo.com thanks
Please help

I don't know how you found this old thread before the sticky at the top of the forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1396229

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes