Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Would you buy the Flyer if it shipped with Honeycomb?
Yes, a Tablet must have Honeycomb 44 44.90%
Yes, I will buy it and wait for the Honeycomb update 43 43.88%
No, will buy other tablet that ships with Honeycomb 8 8.16%
No, not interested in buying any tablet 3 3.06%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] [POLL] Would you buy the HTC Flyer if it shipped with Honeycomb?

OP bcmobile

9th March 2011, 11:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 93

357 posts
Donate to Me
More
I was wondering how many of you might be put off by the fact that the Flyer is shipping with Gingerbread and not Honeycomb - even though it will get Honeycomb later.

Appreciate the feedback.
11th March 2011, 12:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

85 posts
I love the idea of the scribe technology, but considering how small it is and battery life....plus it is not shipping with Honeycomb and the price is going to be higher than comparable devices....

It's sad as I have owned only HTC phones. I love their quality.

The scribe technology I LOVE! I can see so many added benefits of this - especially in syncing with Evernote. I also see a benefit with those having children.
24th March 2011, 05:32 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marygladys

I love the idea of the scribe technology,

There were some internal docs from either bestbuy or costco that were reporting a 10.1" screen edition as well later in the summer.

I'd pay top dollar for Scribe + 10.1". There is a serious dearth of handwriting systems for android. Now if we could just get an OCR input system (e.g. Graffiti for the old Palm PDAs). I've seen a demo of scribe, and it doesn't look like it does input analog>digital, maybe I'm missing something. Still better than nothing.
28th March 2011, 09:53 AM   |  #4  
Flag Velenzuela, Metro Manila
Thanks Meter: 68

830 posts
More
Quote:

There was also one more interesting quip about Android 3.0 in Eldar’s article. According to him, if a hardware partner releases the tablet on Android 2.x version of OS, as per licensing agreement for Android 3.0, they are not allowed to update Android 2.x tablets to 3.0 version.

so if the news(rumors) are true, htc flyer won't be getting any honeycomb due to licensing issues?

source: http://www.unwiredview.com/2011/03/2...pgrade-to-3-0/
29th March 2011, 07:10 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

357 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacekeeper05

so if the news(rumors) are true, htc flyer won't be getting any honeycomb due to licensing issues?

source: http://www.unwiredview.com/2011/03/2...pgrade-to-3-0/

I'd say that is probably just a rumour. I've not heard it from any other source. The article at unwiredreview is the only article that author has written and his dubious source of information is a Russian website that he links to

Also this from a far more reliable source:

Quote:

From @HTC
@Farhadinho Absolutely. We are committed to offering a Honeycomb upgrade as soon as possible after Flyer's release.

Edit: Whether or not Google are restricting froyo-honeycomb upgrades, it seems the Flyer has got the green light:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/HTC-F...gn=twitter_web
Last edited by bcmobile; 29th March 2011 at 11:35 AM.
4th April 2011, 06:50 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 12

161 posts
More
What's all the hype over Honeycomb? I mean, what features do you gain other than all the overhype of being "tablet optimized. "

From my experience with the Xoom, tablet optimized means crashes at will and won't run crap......

Tabbed on my Galaxy 987
4th April 2011, 11:47 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

357 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishcancerboi

What's all the hype over Honeycomb? I mean, what features do you gain other than all the overhype of being "tablet optimized. "

From my experience with the Xoom, tablet optimized means crashes at will and won't run crap......

Tabbed on my Galaxy 987

I agreee - I'd rather wait for a stable version.

The Xoom is a worst case scenario. Made by Motorola, released prematurely.

The main benefit I see from Honeycomb is apps which are designed to run on larger screens, instead or "over-inflated" phone apps
15th April 2011, 04:21 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
Great I can't wait, however....
I can't wait for this tablet to come to market. Ofcourse there will be things I do not like, one is the fact it is not a phone. It is a tablet, and I want a tablet also to be a phone. Since it has 3g enabled I think a phone application is not hard to install. Any ideas on this?
15th April 2011, 07:59 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 109

2,050 posts
More
Was all for the flyer as I'm a massive HTC fan ,but just ordered the ASUS transformer as it suits my want for a tablet and the need for a net book for the kids and it has honeycomb already and has good reviews

LEEDROID DESIRE HD using XDA PREMIUM
17th April 2011, 08:24 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 94

1,522 posts
More
Won't be buying due to the fact that I already have a galaxy tab (Big Mistake!!) Although the design and ui of the flyer look good, along with the fact that htc are good with updates, and a lot of people I have talked too like the pen. Not sure about the onlive myself due to the fact that you have to use a onlive controller (what are you meant to do with the tablet if the controller is in both hands?)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flyer, honeycomb, htc, poll
Previous Thread Next Thread