Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] 3B Meteo, now with LIVE TILES ! -[R]- 07/05/2011 -[V]- 1.10.0.0

Tip us?

andycted
Old
(Last edited by andycted; 7th June 2011 at 12:34 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [APP] 3B Meteo, now with LIVE TILES ! -[R]- 07/05/2011 -[V]- 1.10.0.0

3B Meteo

Marketplace description:
Now with live tiles, for worldwide locations !

News & Weather category rankings: N.2 in Italy, top 100 in Europe, top 200 in U.S.

3B Meteo official application gives you access to weather forecasts, maps and other data for most locations worldwide. 3B Meteo is a feature-rich, Italian based weather forecast website, owned by MeteoSolutions srl.

Available for all locations worldwide:
- Location overview with day-by-day forecast for 40.000 locations, database growind daily
- 6 hour period forecast over 7 days
- Details for temperature, perception, precipitations, pressure, seas, humidity and wind
- Regional maps
- Live Tiles !

Also available for Italian locations:
- Detailed hourly forecast
- Location details with snow information for mountain spots
- Italy maps for weather, temperatures, winds and precipitations
- Graph for Temperature/Precipitations and Humidity/Winds
- Weather news, alerts and generic forecast (only in Italian)
- Webcams

Allows searching and caching for five locations in order to review them even without network connection

Free with ad-support.

** Update 1.10 **

- Day/Night in-app calculation
- 12h auto-refresh setting

Note: This application takes data from a italian national weather provider, but has most informations for 40.000 locations worldwide and maps of any region in the world. Currently adding more locations worldwide

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=11986947

Market link: http://social.zune.net/redirect?type...c-00237de2db9e

Homemade video:
(application is available in english and italian, video was made using italian locale)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eng2.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	538547   Click image for larger version

Name:	eng6.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	538548   Click image for larger version

Name:	ita6.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	538549   Click image for larger version

Name:	en2.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	538550  
FREE ALCHEMY GAME:
Alchemic Phone 7 - Brand new Alchemy game for Windows Phone 7 with over 1600 Elements.
Voted 3rd Best game on the Marketplace !
FREE LOGIC GAMES
Logic Games for WP7 - 53 different games to train your brain
The Following User Says Thank You to andycted For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andycted
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Hi, I got some feedback about colours legibility, so I've added a poll about it.

My idea was to colour code data, in order to avoid repeating labels.

Even if you don't want to install it, I would be grateful if browsing the video you could leave a feedback here. Thanks
FREE ALCHEMY GAME:
Alchemic Phone 7 - Brand new Alchemy game for Windows Phone 7 with over 1600 Elements.
FREE LOGIC GAMES

andycted
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Hi again,

we are in the process of adding more locations worldwide. We would like to get (if possible) feedback if you are finding your particular location or at least a close one. Next update will geolocate you and find close locations.
FREE ALCHEMY GAME:
FREE LOGIC GAMES

andycted
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default Live Tiles

Hi again. I get quite a bit of feedback, both in comments and via email, about the absolute _imperial_ need of a live tile, without which no application should be published !

Just to make things clear: the live tile is coming, but there are a few more important sections and improvements that should be taken care of. Moreover, there is a good reason why it takes a bit to implement and why people are reticent to do so: it just doesn't work reliably yet. It has been clear now for some months, that push notifications in the current form have met the obstacle of carriers network management and while the issue is being worked on and improved, they're still not very reliable. Basically the network operator doesn't want to keep the connection open for push notifications too much and on the other side the ms protocol is failing to 'force' the network to comply.
Some more informations here: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_p...on-status.aspx

Again, the live tile is coming, it has been working almost ok for a month on my test unit. But really, while impressive and cool, there are more useful updates to provide first.
FREE ALCHEMY GAME:
FREE LOGIC GAMES

menger
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, this application is quite complete regarding forecasts. Are you planning to include webcams at some point ?

andycted
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Yep, webcams are planned for the future updates, not in the upcoming one, though, maybe the one afterwards

The problem in implementing them is that you can't just link random webcams on the web, you have to get a list with permissions given from the owners
FREE ALCHEMY GAME:
FREE LOGIC GAMES

andycted
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Updated today with GPS location, autorefresh, news feeds and some other stuff.

Coming up: webcams
FREE ALCHEMY GAME:
FREE LOGIC GAMES

piaqt
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Nice look. Needs F option, zoom for maps, scalable text. Would consider buying no-ad version.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
- Albert Einstein
Tablet: Surface RT 32GB, Type Keyboard
Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

andycted
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by piaqt View Post
Nice look. Needs F option, zoom for maps, scalable text. Would consider buying no-ad version.
Thanks a ton. You're right about farenheit degrees, considering I've already implemented english language.

Zoom for maps was implemented at the start, then the fact that it wouldn't work very well with the swipe gesture and the relatively readability of the maps made me remove it. Do you think they need zooming because you can't read them well enough ?

Scalable text in which section ?

No-ad was an idea from the start, however we're considering releasing every future feature (live tile, etc) for free anyway.

Thanks for the feedback
FREE ALCHEMY GAME:
FREE LOGIC GAMES

jcamposlisgolfe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I HTC HD2 (with WM 6.5) and although I have a couple of meteo apps.installed
I would like to try yours, which indeed seems very atractive.
Any chance and, if yes, how to do it ??

Tags
3bmeteo, forecast, meteo, weather, wp7