Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 41,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quick Jotter for XOOM

Tip us?

kaze00
Old
(Last edited by kaze00; 7th April 2011 at 01:09 PM.) Reason: New version
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Default Quick Jotter for XOOM

April 7
Here's another new version.

Turned on hardware acceleration.
Fixed some of the initial setup issues.
Fixed issue when using a Wifi XOOM with the web service.
Fixed some misc infrequent crashes
Removed some unecessary debug code

Known issues
Colors still don't work
If you choose a google account, and have never provided permission before, a loading dialog will not show up. This has been a bitch to fix because the emulator is dog slow and I have to wipe everytime I try to test.

---------------------------
As promised here's a new release. quickjotter-android2.apk is the new one. I left the old one on there in case you don't like the permissions for the new one.

It has a few performance improvements. There is now an editor in the main view, so you can still use the syncing without having the always visible sticky. I've also added a syncing component, just choose a google account when the app first runs to use that account.

http://quickjotter.appspot.com for the web interface. Log in with whatever account you choose when you first run the app. Syncing to your XOOM is done via C2DM, so it does not poll and should impact battery life minimally.

Please uninstall the old version before installing this one.

Some notes...
I've had some testing troubles since I can't figure out how to wipe out the permissions to access a Google Account without removing it, which is a total pain in the ass. So it's quite possible this version will crash right off the bat. I apologize if it does. Hopefully I'll be able to test a first use aspect more this week before it goes public. Please let me know any oddities related to account permissions.

The colors don't work yet.

The account selection is very rough, press it once and wait a few seconds it should go away. If you hit the back button it will likely screw up. This is my priority to fix this coming week.

---------------

Hi guys,

I started working on a proof of concept for a sticky note app for the XOOM.

Right now there's one note, it's the only note. Swipe inward over the bar to bring up the note. You can't move the note.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please don't distribute it.

-mike dg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device.jpg
Views:	1576
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	538667  
Attached Files
File Type: apk jotter.apk - [Click for QR Code] (21.4 KB, 173 views)
File Type: apk quickjotter-android2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (86.1 KB, 239 views)
File Type: apk quickjotter-android3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (86.3 KB, 181 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to kaze00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GarJones27
Old
Thanks Meter 36
This looks neat. I'll give it a try.
Devices
HTC One X
Logitech Revue

Prior Devices
Samsung GSIII -- Galaxy Nexus -- HTC Sensation -- HTC Nexus One -- Samsung Captivate -- Apple iPhone 3g 16GB -- AT&T Tilt 2 -- Blackberry Bold 9000 -- AT&T Tilt -- HTC Hermes -- Palm Treo 650 -- Sanyo SCP-5500 -- Sanyo SCP-8100

serialtoon
Old
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
For what its worth, my home screen began to run really rough after installing this and having the service run in the background. But its a very handy app. Looking forward to further developements.

If i helped in any capacity, hit that THANKS button

kaze00
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Hmmm. Perhaps it's due to the transparency. I'll look into it.

kaze00
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Hopefully this weekend I'll have a new version up.

Some editing and UI improvements. Some performance improvements as well, since I remove some bad debug cod. Also push synching between your device and the web. So you can get stuff off of or put it onto your XOOM.

thefredelement
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Awesome idea, I have to agree there is some pretty heavy slow down post installation.

kaze00
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Going to remove the semi transparentness of the bar. Any objections or suggestions? The sticky note will remain semi transparent.

kaze00
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Yay for new version.

cvela
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Couldn't open the apk..

Just me? Hmm.

2JZ GZE