If M$ doesn't toss us an update soon I'm tossing M$

OP z33dev33l

10th March 2011, 04:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 211

2,844 posts
More
Yeah, I know some will say it's immature but as someone who has jumped in front of a train of android fanboys time and time again defending all of my WP7 devices is getting harder and harder when it seems that not even Microsoft wants to take themselves seriously. If they don't begin to take themselves and us, the more intelligent userbase, seriously then I won't be taking them seriously and my 8 WP7 devices will be traded/sold off on craigslist for another unfortunate soul to pick up. I love the WP7 UI, absolutely love it. I don't know where to go after this to get a UI that's even 1/10th as good as the WP7 UI but this phone that microsoft more or less promised the world on is looking less and less so on a daily basis. If Microsoft doesn't stop taking us seriously... I don't know where I'll go for a phone OS because android is now too slow for me and Iphone screens are too tiny, but I will certainly take my rather spendy business elsewhere. I know the meager 2100 dollars I've spent on WP7 devices may not seem like much to a corporate giant like microsoft but that's more than most people are willing to pay in WP7's current form.
10th March 2011, 05:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Carmarthen
Thanks Meter: 1

103 posts
More
I don't blame you dude. Its getting ridiculous! Microsoft stated that the future updates for Windows Phone 7 would blow the Iphone and Android out the water... I was really excited by this as I had just picked up my Mozart, now 6 months on, no updates at all, nothing, zip! I have also been reading that NoDo will be the only update this year!?!?!

Yes I'm excited to have copy and paste on my device (something that should have been present in the first place) but Microsoft are missing a trick here! Yes this phone has a great UI but without getting the simple things right I can see it flopping. I'm also struggling with the accuracy of many of the Microsoft built in features such as Bing Maps, which can't seem to get me anywhere at all!

SORT IT OUT MICROSOFT!
The Following User Says Thank You to drsqueggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2011, 05:11 PM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 177

3,967 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z33dev33l

Yeah, I know some will say it's immature but as someone who has jumped in front of a train of android fanboys time and time again defending all of my WP7 devices is getting harder and harder when it seems that not even Microsoft wants to take themselves seriously. If they don't begin to take themselves and us, the more intelligent userbase, seriously then I won't be taking them seriously and my 8 WP7 devices will be traded/sold off on craigslist for another unfortunate soul to pick up. I love the WP7 UI, absolutely love it. I don't know where to go after this to get a UI that's even 1/10th as good as the WP7 UI but this phone that microsoft more or less promised the world on is looking less and less so on a daily basis. If Microsoft doesn't stop taking us seriously... I don't know where I'll go for a phone OS because android is now too slow for me and Iphone screens are too tiny, but I will certainly take my rather spendy business elsewhere. I know the meager 2100 dollars I've spent on WP7 devices may not seem like much to a corporate giant like microsoft but that's more than most people are willing to pay in WP7's current form.

No blame here, either. In my case, I have an iPhone an HD2 and soon the Android equivalent of the iPhone: Nexus S, to keep my tech veins fixed.
10th March 2011, 05:15 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX

2,844 posts
More
In all honesty I don't know where to go from here though. May have to pick up another HD2. Android is too choppy for me and as much as I like the iphone with the WP7 theme the keyboard is too small.
The Following User Says Thank You to z33dev33l For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2011, 05:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 33

402 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z33dev33l

In all honesty I don't know where to go from here though. May have to pick up another HD2. Android is too choppy for me and as much as I like the iphone with the WP7 theme the keyboard is too small.

Well I mean I'll be angry too, but wp7 as is, is still a fantastic device. You could just stay with it, and understand that it's just unsupported now.

Or would you bail because of the principle of it all?

I think it's utterly pathetic the way Microsoft is handling this. They came out a strong contender, but now are returning to what they were: a joke.
10th March 2011, 05:36 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX

2,844 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sure haven't

Well I mean I'll be angry too, but wp7 as is, is still a fantastic device. You could just stay with it, and understand that it's just unsupported now.

Or would you bail because of the principle of it all?

I think it's utterly pathetic the way Microsoft is handling this. They came out a strong contender, but now are returning to what they were: a joke.

Primarily the principle... and as much as I hate to admit it I would like multi-tasking... if I am playing ilomilo and I sit my phone down for a minute I have to start the level over again... it's pretty lame. If tombstoning apps worked as it should it wouldn't be an issue.
10th March 2011, 05:37 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

119 posts
M$? Seriously? You think they're delaying the update as some sort of diabolical scheme to make money? Or is it just because they want to taunt their users? I'm sorry so much of your self worth is tied up in a phone that you can't bear someone making fun of it.

I think it's pretty obvious it's not out yet because Samsung's firmware is garbage and they're trying to work around it. After this first one future updates should go much more smoothly.
10th March 2011, 05:42 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 7

182 posts
Well I am pretty sure I am picking up a HTC 7 Pro/Arrive from Sprint on March 20th, and it comes pre-installed with the NoDo update. Obviously the update already works and is out if HTC is manufacturing the Arrive and will have them in stores on the 20th.

I would say that the issue of update is falling just on Microsoft.
10th March 2011, 05:44 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 179

3,133 posts
More
Dude STFU! Official word was 90 days after CES. Officially they are right on time.

Its like you guys dismissed official word and believed bull**** rumors.

Damn I usually criticize this mediocre OS, but you guys are going too far.

Realistically, no profit minded business gives a **** about pushing updates to old hardware. It doesn't make money! Get over it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetvito For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2011, 05:48 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX

2,844 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgeno

M$? Seriously? You think they're delaying the update as some sort of diabolical scheme to make money? Or is it just because they want to taunt their users? I'm sorry so much of your self worth is tied up in a phone that you can't bear someone making fun of it.

I think it's pretty obvious it's not out yet because Samsung's firmware is garbage and they're trying to work around it. After this first one future updates should go much more smoothly.

Eh, they've had 6 months to do this. We are not children, they should've tested it on two of their most popular devices much before the release that bricked some devices with 0 benefits. The corporate world is not something you procrastinate in if you want to succeed in whatever market. I have no doubt given the support WP7 will be the best out there but it truly doesn't seem microsoft is taking it seriously. Samsung is garbage when it comes to drivers. That is and will continue to be their weak point for whatever reason.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread