If M$ doesn't toss us an update soon I'm tossing M$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
Yeah, I know some will say it's immature but as someone who has jumped in front of a train of android fanboys time and time again defending all of my WP7 devices is getting harder and harder when it seems that not even Microsoft wants to take themselves seriously. If they don't begin to take themselves and us, the more intelligent userbase, seriously then I won't be taking them seriously and my 8 WP7 devices will be traded/sold off on craigslist for another unfortunate soul to pick up. I love the WP7 UI, absolutely love it. I don't know where to go after this to get a UI that's even 1/10th as good as the WP7 UI but this phone that microsoft more or less promised the world on is looking less and less so on a daily basis. If Microsoft doesn't stop taking us seriously... I don't know where I'll go for a phone OS because android is now too slow for me and Iphone screens are too tiny, but I will certainly take my rather spendy business elsewhere. I know the meager 2100 dollars I've spent on WP7 devices may not seem like much to a corporate giant like microsoft but that's more than most people are willing to pay in WP7's current form.

drsqueggy

Jan 18, 2007
Carmarthen
I don't blame you dude. Its getting ridiculous! Microsoft stated that the future updates for Windows Phone 7 would blow the Iphone and Android out the water... I was really excited by this as I had just picked up my Mozart, now 6 months on, no updates at all, nothing, zip! I have also been reading that NoDo will be the only update this year!?!?!

Yes I'm excited to have copy and paste on my device (something that should have been present in the first place) but Microsoft are missing a trick here! Yes this phone has a great UI but without getting the simple things right I can see it flopping. I'm also struggling with the accuracy of many of the Microsoft built in features such as Bing Maps, which can't seem to get me anywhere at all!

SORT IT OUT MICROSOFT!

Reactions: hassler

MartyLK

Apr 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
Yeah, I know some will say it's immature but as someone who has jumped in front of a train of android fanboys time and time again defending all of my WP7 devices is getting harder and harder when it seems that not even Microsoft wants to take themselves seriously. If they don't begin to take themselves and us, the more intelligent userbase, seriously then I won't be taking them seriously and my 8 WP7 devices will be traded/sold off on craigslist for another unfortunate soul to pick up. I love the WP7 UI, absolutely love it. I don't know where to go after this to get a UI that's even 1/10th as good as the WP7 UI but this phone that microsoft more or less promised the world on is looking less and less so on a daily basis. If Microsoft doesn't stop taking us seriously... I don't know where I'll go for a phone OS because android is now too slow for me and Iphone screens are too tiny, but I will certainly take my rather spendy business elsewhere. I know the meager 2100 dollars I've spent on WP7 devices may not seem like much to a corporate giant like microsoft but that's more than most people are willing to pay in WP7's current form.

No blame here, either. In my case, I have an iPhone an HD2 and soon the Android equivalent of the iPhone: Nexus S, to keep my tech veins fixed.

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
In all honesty I don't know where to go from here though. May have to pick up another HD2. Android is too choppy for me and as much as I like the iphone with the WP7 theme the keyboard is too small.

Reactions: evolutionqy7

sure haven't

Feb 5, 2009
In all honesty I don't know where to go from here though. May have to pick up another HD2. Android is too choppy for me and as much as I like the iphone with the WP7 theme the keyboard is too small.

Well I mean I'll be angry too, but wp7 as is, is still a fantastic device. You could just stay with it, and understand that it's just unsupported now.

Or would you bail because of the principle of it all?

I think it's utterly pathetic the way Microsoft is handling this. They came out a strong contender, but now are returning to what they were: a joke.

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
Well I mean I'll be angry too, but wp7 as is, is still a fantastic device. You could just stay with it, and understand that it's just unsupported now.

Or would you bail because of the principle of it all?

I think it's utterly pathetic the way Microsoft is handling this. They came out a strong contender, but now are returning to what they were: a joke.

Primarily the principle... and as much as I hate to admit it I would like multi-tasking... if I am playing ilomilo and I sit my phone down for a minute I have to start the level over again... it's pretty lame. If tombstoning apps worked as it should it wouldn't be an issue.

jeffgeno

May 4, 2009
M$? Seriously? You think they're delaying the update as some sort of diabolical scheme to make money? Or is it just because they want to taunt their users? I'm sorry so much of your self worth is tied up in a phone that you can't bear someone making fun of it.

I think it's pretty obvious it's not out yet because Samsung's firmware is garbage and they're trying to work around it. After this first one future updates should go much more smoothly.

cyclical

Mar 7, 2008
Well I am pretty sure I am picking up a HTC 7 Pro/Arrive from Sprint on March 20th, and it comes pre-installed with the NoDo update. Obviously the update already works and is out if HTC is manufacturing the Arrive and will have them in stores on the 20th.

I would say that the issue of update is falling just on Microsoft.

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
Dude STFU! Official word was 90 days after CES. Officially they are right on time.

Its like you guys dismissed official word and believed bull**** rumors.

Damn I usually criticize this mediocre OS, but you guys are going too far.

Realistically, no profit minded business gives a **** about pushing updates to old hardware. It doesn't make money! Get over it.

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
M$? Seriously? You think they're delaying the update as some sort of diabolical scheme to make money? Or is it just because they want to taunt their users? I'm sorry so much of your self worth is tied up in a phone that you can't bear someone making fun of it.

I think it's pretty obvious it's not out yet because Samsung's firmware is garbage and they're trying to work around it. After this first one future updates should go much more smoothly.

Eh, they've had 6 months to do this. We are not children, they should've tested it on two of their most popular devices much before the release that bricked some devices with 0 benefits. The corporate world is not something you procrastinate in if you want to succeed in whatever market. I have no doubt given the support WP7 will be the best out there but it truly doesn't seem microsoft is taking it seriously. Samsung is garbage when it comes to drivers. That is and will continue to be their weak point for whatever reason.

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
Dude STFU! Official word was 90 days after CES. Officially they are right on time.

Realistically, no profit minded business gives a **** about pushing updates to old hardware. It doesn't make money! Get over it.

And even more recent word was first two weeks of March. I'm not one of those people who acts as though the update should've been out in January. I went solely on Microsoft's word and it does get annoying when not only are the rumors incorrect but also the official word.

Reactions: doministry

jasongw

When did they ever officially say "90 days after CES" ? At first it was the "January Update." Then February. Then Early March. Now it's late March. I won't be surprised if it dips into ****ing April.

WP7 is a solid OS, there's nothing mediocre about it. It makes iOS look like an archaic toy in terms of UI.

But with all that said, Microsoft is taking WAY too long to bring the OS up to feature parity with Android and iOS, and it's starting to get a little ****ing ridiculous. what we SHOULD be getting this month is Mango, not NoDo. Microsoft is dragging their damned feet, and the more they do it the further they'll fall behind.

They CANNOT afford to take their sweet damn time like this. If they do, the platform will die.

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
When did they ever officially say "90 days after CES" ? At first it was the "January Update." Then February. Then Early March. Now it's late March. I won't be surprised if it dips into ****ing April.

WP7 is a solid OS, there's nothing mediocre about it. It makes iOS look like an archaic toy in terms of UI.

But with all that said, Microsoft is taking WAY too long to bring the OS up to feature parity with Android and iOS, and it's starting to get a little ****ing ridiculous. what we SHOULD be getting this month is Mango, not NoDo. Microsoft is dragging their damned feet, and the more they do it the further they'll fall behind.

They CANNOT afford to take their sweet damn time like this. If they do, the platform will die.

January and February were tech blog rumors. Android reallly doesnt have much further to advance so that's not a concern. With them it's pretty much a hardware battle from here on out.

pillsburydoughman

Nov 19, 2010
I think you should calm the fsk down and stop treating your phone like a football team. You *threw* yourself in front of android fanboys? the chivalry lol!

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
Android reallly doesnt have much further to advance so that's not a concern. With them it's pretty much a hardware battle from here on out.

You sound like the Guy that made a living selling oil lamps in the early 1800s. "There is nothing else they can invent, this is the best technology can get". Yeah right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seriously people. Seriously. SERIOUSLY!!! It's actually getting annoying. Yes, this is a discussion and I will discuss why I think this is dumb.

1st: Who has more to lose with these updates? Us or Microsoft? I'm pretty sure Microsoft wants to keep their customers happy, so I'm sure they are working very hard to get this update out and WORKING CORRECTLY. Do you know how hard it is to get something this complex to work on the first try? And it didn't even work on the first try (with pre-NoDo), so they have to find the problem (which apparently doesn't seem like it's theirs but it could be so I won't saying anything else. Don't say to put more people to work on it, as according to Fred Brooke's Law (if you're in the computer science realm) you know adding more people to a problem near the end of the project delays it.

2nd: Stop relying on rumors, guess what, they are rumors for a reason. Yes, the website said "January-Update", well guess what, it doesn't say January anymore because it wasn't correct. Someone jumped the gun, and it was fixed because guess what? It wasn't true. It happens. People who work on the website aren't usually the ones who are in charge of actually putting out the update. Miscommunication happens, that's why that's the number one problem in software engineering.

3rd: Ballmer did say the first 2 weeks in March. Yesterday, they announced that it was delayed. So guess what? It was delayed ONCE, OFFICIALLY. Microsoft said Q1 of March, the end of March is still Q1. If it's delayed, it's delayed.

4th: Do you want an update to run smoothly or have a high possibility of it messing up? Granted, it still may mess up but hopefully it will be smooth and that is the reason why it's delayed. They want a good experience when it's updated, aka, you just get the update.

5th: This "principal" thing...seriously. It's the principal? How about they principally put it out now and have a huge amount of phones brick or something? Would you be happy because they kept their word?

Final: I think alot of people just need to chill out. If this is affecting your business, you're not a good businessman/woman, you have to be weary of such missing stuff and how it could affect your bottom line. Stop reading every, well don't stop reading, but stop believing everything. When it comes out, it comes out. After it comes out, you'll say you got it and prolly not even care in two days and then "we'll" be talking about how far it is for multitasking and/or next update stuff. Vicious cycle.

I don't blame you dude. Its getting ridiculous! Microsoft stated that the future updates for Windows Phone 7 would blow the Iphone and Android out the water... I was really excited by this as I had just picked up my Mozart, now 6 months on, no updates at all, nothing, zip! I have also been reading that NoDo will be the only update this year!?!?!

Yes I'm excited to have copy and paste on my device (something that should have been present in the first place) but Microsoft are missing a trick here! Yes this phone has a great UI but without getting the simple things right I can see it flopping. I'm also struggling with the accuracy of many of the Microsoft built in features such as Bing Maps, which can't seem to get me anywhere at all!

SORT IT OUT MICROSOFT!
    OH NO YOU GOT ME

I'm not whining, jackass. I miscounted the months. Thanks for being a tool, though.

I don't particularly care if Microsoft ever releases an update or not - I've already sold my WP7 device (turns out the things don't hold their value that well, who woulda thought?) so I was just sharing my experience. GFY, though.

wow, are all your posts this articulate???
    If you don't have the device, then why are you wasting time on this forum?
    And funny, I can't find a hd7 on CL for less than 300, but CL is full of vibrants/ g2's/ mytouch 4g's for 200-250.