Thread Closed

NextBook Next2-Next3/Prestigio PMP3084B/Odys Genesis -Eclare, Froyo, Gingerbread!

OP donaldj83

27th June 2011, 09:44 PM   |  #291  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaremoS

Only issue, so far, is to run Titanium Backup and Root checker, as root access is still partial.

Does any ROM in this thread support full root access (there is some contradiction in this thread, so I'm not sure).
28th June 2011, 12:05 AM   |  #292  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 69

482 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p177

Does any ROM in this thread support full root access (there is some contradiction in this thread, so I'm not sure).

Of course there is a ROM with full root access it's 2.1.2 mentioned in the first message (it's constantly updating) it's an Eclair version.

Full Root just solve some special requirements, but ROM is fully working for normal requirements. As it's in brand new tablet (or phone).
Again, root only add some benefits beyond normal use, mainly for technical demands.

A normal user would be happy with Froyo running on this Chinese tablet of 8.4.
More stunning feature is video and sound quality and integration with Google stuff.
This is not affected by non full root access.
28th June 2011, 11:02 AM   |  #293  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi guys, I am newbie in tablet world (I have not buy a unit yet) so I noticed this tablet. In my country we have Prestigio model and I like it because the price and size of the screen is perfect for me.

Know my question is...

Is there a way that this tablet recognises USB 3g Modem stick (my country has limited number of WiFi hotspots and only in two larger cities and I need this tablet for my trips to countryside) so I can use a 3g/HSDPA internet.
28th June 2011, 11:46 PM   |  #294  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 21

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesba

Hi guys, I am newbie in tablet world (I have not buy a unit yet) so I noticed this tablet. In my country we have Prestigio model and I like it because the price and size of the screen is perfect for me.

Know my question is...

Is there a way that this tablet recognises USB 3g Modem stick (my country has limited number of WiFi hotspots and only in two larger cities and I need this tablet for my trips to countryside) so I can use a 3g/HSDPA internet.

I don't think that with this model you'll be able to use 3G dongle.
For that purpouse you better look at 7" prestigio 5070. It has a USB host so you can attach all kind of USB devices to it as long as you have the apropriate drivers!
I had a Prestigio 5070 for some time and in general i was satisfied with it but then i managed to brick it 4 life and exchanged it for 3084.
BTW. I have bricked 3084 so atm. i don't have a tables in operational condition...
Do not try to install Honeycomb on 3084! it does not and will not work!!!
Someone said once: "If it's not broken, don't fix it!" but i'm always trying to fix what's already been fixed...
The Following User Says Thank You to MajstorSpeedy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2011, 01:17 AM   |  #295  
Flag Santiago

482 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesba

Know my question is...

It depends if OTG is a software or a device... Froyo is capable of put USB as Host (OTG)... now if requires a device for that this machine is not for you.

You require a device with USB-OTG functional.
29th June 2011, 07:59 AM   |  #296  
Thanks Meter: 2

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajstorSpeedy

I don't think that with this model you'll be able to use 3G dongle.
For that purpouse you better look at 7" prestigio 5070. It has a USB host so you can attach all kind of USB devices to it as long as you have the apropriate drivers!
I had a Prestigio 5070 for some time and in general i was satisfied with it but then i managed to brick it 4 life and exchanged it for 3084.
BTW. I have bricked 3084 so atm. i don't have a tables in operational condition...
Do not try to install Honeycomb on 3084! it does not and will not work!!!
Someone said once: "If it's not broken, don't fix it!" but i'm always trying to fix what's already been fixed...

Well it's to bad you bricked you 3084 , we should try to make froyo 100% working good.
29th June 2011, 12:08 PM   |  #297  
Flag Murska Sobota
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi guys

great work on fw... I am using 2.2 Froyo v4 on Prestigio PMP 3084B

I have one question regarding skype. Which skype are you using on this tablet?

Problem that I have is that skype is normal instaled and program runs, but won't connect.

Thanks for answer.
Last edited by tjan70; 29th June 2011 at 12:14 PM.
29th June 2011, 04:59 PM   |  #298  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 39

812 posts
Donate to Me
Has anyone gotten flash working on any of the froyo builds? I'm trying to set this up for my grandpa and he would be happy as a clam if I could get netflix working on his nextbook.
The Following User Says Thank You to itmustbejj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2011, 07:46 PM   |  #299  
Flag Ruse
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjan70

Hi guys

great work on fw... I am using 2.2 Froyo v4 on Prestigio PMP 3084B

I have one question regarding skype. Which skype are you using on this tablet?

Problem that I have is that skype is normal instaled and program runs, but won't connect.

Thanks for answer.

Hi, I ran into the same problem as you did, and found out that newer versions of Skype don't work and the only version that I was able to connect to the skype network successfully was a Skype Beta. Here's a link -> h t t p : / /www(.)megaupload(.)com/?d=NKXGXR4S
Note: you cannot call through it, just chat.
Hope I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to Arcidias For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2011, 01:04 AM   |  #300  
Flag Santiago

482 posts
Red face A skipped question by donaldj83
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldj83

good looking out ya its defiantly another re-brand but are you sure its rooted and market by factory any how you can flash it and change the language under the settings

Sorry I miss your question, Donald ...

Absolutely sure that is full rooted and Market full working.
Both tested with all possible applications, specially Titanium Backup that don't run yet in Froyo posted by you (Froyo v4) and also Root Checker.
I've used it in Englsih, as it's easier due to bad translated terms.

I've loved their ROM but I definitively prefer Froyo and the challenge to make it fully rooted.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
m901, next2, next3, odys, pmp3084
Previous Thread Next Thread