Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Night Clock v0.9

Tip us?

nathanpc
Old
(Last edited by nathanpc; 11th March 2011 at 04:10 AM.)
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Smile [APP] Night Clock v0.9

Night Clock v0.9 (Freeware)
Requirements: Android 1.5+
Operating System: Android
Overview: Now you can check the current time and the time that you need to wake up comfortably on the middle of the night. Remember that this ain't be a alarm to wake you, but I will add this option later.

Very clean and easy to use interface, with a black background so your eyes won't be hurt when you while you check the time on the middle of the night after suddenly waking up.

If you have set any appointment for the next day and you need to wake up, there is a clock that will tell you the hour that you need to wake.

Made On a Mac

Future Plans:
  • Alarm option
  • Countdown to wake up
  • Change the background color
  • Put a own background image

More Info:
Code:
https://market.android.com/details?id=appinventor.ai_eeepc904.Clock
Download Links/Instructions: Just scan the QR Code below and it will take you directly to the Android Market. Enjoy

QR Code:
Daily Use/Development Devices: Galaxy Nexus - BlackBerry Dev Alpha - BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Bold 9900 - ASUS EeePad Slider - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000L - iPhone 4 32GB - iPad 1 w/ 3G 64GB

Other Devices I Own BlackBerry Torch 9800 - HTC Ultimate (aka Titan) - Samsung Galaxy S I9000B - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - HTC Vox - HP iPAQ Hx2920b - Palm T|X - HP Jornada 720 - iPod Touch 3g 64GB - Nokia E61 - Nokia N95 - Mio Moov 560 - TI Nspire

About Me - Night Clock - build.prop Editor - RubyGems Browser
Android User
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nathanpc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nathanpc
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Reserved for later use
Daily Use/Development Devices: Galaxy Nexus - BlackBerry Dev Alpha - BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Bold 9900 - ASUS EeePad Slider - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000L - iPhone 4 32GB - iPad 1 w/ 3G 64GB

Other Devices I Own BlackBerry Torch 9800 - HTC Ultimate (aka Titan) - Samsung Galaxy S I9000B - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - HTC Vox - HP iPAQ Hx2920b - Palm T|X - HP Jornada 720 - iPod Touch 3g 64GB - Nokia E61 - Nokia N95 - Mio Moov 560 - TI Nspire

Android User

CuBz90
Old
Thanks Meter 285
This is perfect for me.
Any possibility to center the "You need to wake up at" text?
The Following User Says Thank You to CuBz90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nathanpc
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuBz90 View Post
This is perfect for me.
Any possibility to center the "You need to wake up at" text?
Oh! Sorry for the time without a response. I'll make that, it's very simple to center the text. Stay tuned for an update

Android User

nathanpc
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
For those that want the text to be centered, here is the APK.

I like the style that is right now, so this will be an alternative to the Market one, but don't forget to rate it on the Market
Attached Files
File Type: apk Clock.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.21 MB, 276 views)

Android User

TheRomMistress
Old
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 520
Care to add that Update to the OP? Thanks

InfDaMarvel
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I like how made "Made On a Mac" bold in the OP

Dav_Edward
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Red for nightvision?

Just a suggestion, but how about also making a version with black background and medium-dark red numbers?

Red light has a bonus at night being that it doesn't ruin your night vision when in a dark room like white light does.

(ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_vision section: Biological night vision)

Long ago there were apps for Palm devices where it used red so people could flick the device on, look at what they needed with the display red, and it wouldn't strain their eyes or disrupt their night vision.

codiak
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav_Edward View Post
Just a suggestion, but how about also making a version with black background and medium-dark red numbers?

Red light has a bonus at night being that it doesn't ruin your night vision when in a dark room like white light does.

(ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_vision section: Biological night vision)

Long ago there were apps for Palm devices where it used red so people could flick the device on, look at what they needed with the display red, and it wouldn't strain their eyes or disrupt their night vision.
In CM there is "render effects" where you can switch to red. It effects the whole system and can be used as "night vision".