Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Removing the music bar and power settings from the top slider (notification bar)

Tip us?

Robokill
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Removing the music bar and power settings from the top slider (notification bar)

Recieved my P990 yesterday. But I cannot seem to find the right application to remove to ditch the music bar and power settings from the notification panel.

Already removed the music application etc. (trough titanium backup with root)

Does anyone know what the application is called that shows this. Or is it in the rom and can't it be removed. (which mean I have to put the music app back to make it work and ditch winamp)

pollie99
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Open the musicapp and open the settings, there you van disable the player in the notification bar.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pollie99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lovigui
Old
Thanks Meter 1
That only works if you didn't remove of freezed the music app. Unfreeze, deselect the option, the musicbar is gone. Freeze or remove the app, the musicbar is there again. I've tried it many times...

djmcnz
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovigui View Post
That only works if you didn't remove of freezed the music app. Unfreeze, deselect the option, the musicbar is gone. Freeze or remove the app, the musicbar is there again. I've tried it many times...
Music bar is managed by the framework.

It is on by default at boot but can be turned off by the Music app. If you remove the Music app it never gets told to "turn off".

Actually, in the framework it appears really easy to totally remove this functionality but will require a patch that I've not worked on yet, and it may require to remove the actual Music app to prevent force closes.

I might have a play with that this weekend.
[Nexus One], [Optimus 2x > /dev/null], [Galaxy Nexus], [Transformer Prime], [Nexus 5]
The Following User Says Thank You to djmcnz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drrogern
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Anything on the second question of topic?
The powersettings

djmcnz
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrogern View Post
Anything on the second question of topic?
The powersettings
There's no option to turn them off as far as I can tell but I think I can also remove that permanently... I'll look at that too.
[Nexus One], [Optimus 2x > /dev/null], [Galaxy Nexus], [Transformer Prime], [Nexus 5]

djmcnz
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1504
Okay, so don't try and do this.

I just bricked my phone.

I'll need to wait for a mod/update or return it. Back to my Nexus One for the weekend it seems.

fen_nyc
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmcnz View Post
Okay, so don't try and do this.

I just bricked my phone.

I'll need to wait for a mod/update or return it. Back to my Nexus One for the weekend it seems.
Oh man, really sorry to hear that. Short story, what happened? Was there progress & then...?

djmcnz
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by fen_nyc View Post
Oh man, really sorry to hear that. Short story, what happened? Was there progress & then...?
No problems, have a Nexus One to go back to which is sweet.

Don't (try to) replace framework-res.apk, that's what I learned...

maedox
Old
Thanks Meter 55
How the hell do you brick a phone by replacing an apk? A brick is what the word suggests; A brick, paperweight etc. Surely you could replace the apk with ADB?
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505

CyanogenMod Release Notifier: Python 2.7
[ Free Dropbox ] - 2 GB + bonus