Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,422 Members 43,927 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Stop MMS in your Call Logs - JS5, JS7, KB1 Tested

Tip us?

Br1cK'd
Old
(Last edited by Br1cK'd; 27th March 2011 at 05:24 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,877

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD] Stop MMS in your Call Logs - JS5, JS7, KB1 Tested

Fix to Get Rid of the MMS Notification in your Call Logs

Apologies about the brief post earlier today, was at work and a bit of a hurry. Here is a more detailed method.

This was created from the JS5, i9000 source, but has been confirmed to also work on JS7 and KB1.

This will not remove exisiting notifications, but will stop new ones from popping up.

I do not take credit for the original fix, my source is listed below.

Clockwork Flashable zip file below to apply this fix, the steps are listed because I was asked for the process, but if you just want the mod, just flash the file at the bottom of this post.

This assumes you have knowledge of apkmanager or apktool to decompile the apk's, and notepad++ or another way to compare and edit the smali's. Those are lessons for another thread.

I happened upon this thread this morning over in Vibrant Q&A: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=988929

Which led me here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=853177 (Go Hit mammon88's thanks button)

-Grab the LogsProvider.apk from the Epic thread, second one linked, and decompiled using apkmanager.
-Move that file somewhere else, maybe even rename the folder, you won't need it again, and it will be the example folder/files.
-Take the LogsProvider.apk from your rom, and decompile with apkmanager or similar program.
-Inside the decompiled apk, using the one in the apkmanager folder here, not the Example Folder, browse to \smali\com\sec\android\provider\logsprovider, and open the LogsProvider.smali with notepad++ (that what I recommend using)
-Now from you Example Folder, drag the corresponding smali file to notepad++, and it will be in a new tab.
-In notepad++, hit Plugins->Compare->Compare, and the differences in the files are highlighted.
-Recreate the edits in the example to your main file, and save.
-Recompile the apk being sure to delete the classes.dex in the process.

These steps may/will work for comparing and editing other files, but be cautious. I didn't go in blindly and say "Eureka" on the first differences I saw. I compared every smali and xml, being cautious in editing, and got lucky on my first shot. Thankfully this apk only has a handful of smali files, first one I've ever decompiled that had less than 40. If you follow my steps, don't hold me responsible if it doesn't work, especially if you failed to make a backup.

The zip below is flashable via Clockwork Recovery. Backup as always, cause hey, it happens.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LogsProvider.zip - [Click for QR Code] (27.9 KB, 923 views)
You ride yourselves over the fields
And you make all your animal deals
But your wise men don't know how it feels
To be thick, as a Br1cK

Dropbox - sign up and we both get free space!

Donate only if you really feel its necessary.
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to Br1cK'd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dan_Brutal
Old
Thanks Meter 814

DONATE TO ME
*Hits the thanks button when I get home*

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
Cookin' Android, and Wrenchin' Fixies

Projects: Malice for the T989 and T959

White Galaxy S2- Malice
Vibrant-Malice 6
Asus TF101- Stock ICS

@Dan_Brutal

If you like my work, hit my thanks button. If you feel the need to donate, you can donate to my Fixie fund.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dan_Brutal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

explodingboy70
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,570

DONATE TO ME
Or go into contacts and select history click settings key then view by and uncheck messaging. Contacts and dialer are tied together and your selected history in contacts shows in call logs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to explodingboy70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Br1cK'd
Old
Thanks Meter 1,877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by explodingboy70 View Post
Or go into contacts and select history click settings key then view by and uncheck messaging. Contacts and dialer are tied together and your selected history in contacts shows in call logs.

Have known that works, but not many have found that setting in the i9000 roms, and quite a few are complaining about the MMS showing up. This zip will fix all that for you.
To be thick, as a Br1cK

explodingboy70
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,570

DONATE TO ME
Yeah sorry I just checked and didn't work

Br1cK'd
Old
Thanks Meter 1,877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah sorry I just checked and didn't work

Don't see how that is possible, it works on mine. Flash the file, it will not erase existing notifications, but new ones will now show up, read the OP please.

Or did you mean checking the boxes didn't work, sorry if I misread ya, got screaming new yorkers in one ear who have no business being in the same room as a computer, let alone being allowed to call a help desk to explain their issues taht they don't understand themselves. Welcome to my 9-5.
To be thick, as a Br1cK

explodingboy70
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,570

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1cK'd View Post
Don't see how that is possible, it works on mine. Flash the file, it will not erase existing notifications, but new ones will now show up, read the OP please.

Or did you mean checking the boxes didn't work, sorry if I misread ya, got screaming new yorkers in one ear who have no business being in the same room as a computer, let alone being allowed to call a help desk to explain their issues taht they don't understand themselves. Welcome to my 9-5.
Yeah the checking boxes didn't work whereas it did for me last week. I guess some builds it does some it doesn't. Might depend on which dialer/contacts apk. So disregard anything I've said and thanks for posting a fix.

Br1cK'd
Old
(Last edited by Br1cK'd; 11th March 2011 at 04:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah the checking boxes didn't work whereas it did for me last week. I guess some builds it does some it doesn't. Might depend on which dialer/contacts apk. So disregard anything I've said and thanks for posting a fix.

Thanks for clarifying, and again, sorry about misreading you there friend.

Edited - This might work on your Sweet Honey Port, the firmware versions aren't far off, if anyone tests it lmk and I'll add that info to the OP.
To be thick, as a Br1cK

m4r10
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Thanks! just flashed on my phone, on Bionix 1.3.1. I can confirm this fixed the MMS in the call log issue.

tsquire99
Old
(Last edited by tsquire99; 11th March 2011 at 05:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Unchecking it worked for me! Downloaded it anyway for future use!

Ohh and running Atriarc v1

Edit: scratch that. It didnt stick. Thanks for the flashable fix!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe