Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CM7 SD Bootable, w/ experimental BT working.

Tip us?

Divine_Madcat
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 2225
Default [ROM] CM7 SD Bootable, w/ experimental BT working.

Notes: First off, I take no credit for this, other than posting it here to make it more visible to those who might otherwise miss this. This was originally made and posted by "verygreen" here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...93&postcount=7

Quote:
Originally Posted by verygreen View Post
btw, those eager to try external keyboard already can give it a try with all the BT progress made by fattire (the real hero).

Since I want to stay on the safe side myself, I compiled this 2G SD image that you can boot into and have working bluetooth (keyboard and external audio confirmed working). Of course use at your own risk and such:

http://handhelds.ru/nook/2g_bt_card_image.img.gz

go to settings -> wireless & networks
make sure that bluetooth is enabled and then you can explore and pair devices in "bluetooth settings" there.

Range so far is in the area of 13", so usable for a keyboard at least.
Hopefully the author (verygreen) will be able to post here and support users, especially since this is the first public SD build of CM7. I plan on trying this myself tonight, but since i am at work, i cannot do so yet. Any feedback will be great for the author and community.

Have at it folks!
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Divine_Madcat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rohit275
Old
Thanks Meter 5
You guys are absolutely amazing. I'm going to try this the first moment I get. I love this community!

bassrebel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
U guys rock!

Thanks everyone for your hard work!
Phone: Samsung Focus
Tablets: Rooted Nook Color (CM7 @ 1300 Mhz )
32GB HP Touchpad 1500Mhz x 2

computercarl
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Just threw it on a Lexar Calss 4 8gb, and it ran nice, and discovered my eris via BT, but that's as far as I got. I plan to play more this weekend, but I'm sure everyone else will be playing with it in the next 15 minutes

barrist
Old
(Last edited by barrist; 11th March 2011 at 09:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 78
awesome work! I think i may wait until it's incorporated into the CM7 nightlies as I like running from eMMC rather than SD, but good to see this getting going.!

good to see range up to 13'!

EDIT: whoops noticed it was 13 inches not feet. my bad!

acomiskey
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Paired successfully to my Jawbone.
Nook Color MIUI @ 1.2GHz
Viewsonic G-Tablet Calkulin ROM/Pershoot Kernel @ 1.4GHz (my 2 year old son's now)
16GB ASUS Transformer (Prime 2.x)
DROID RAZR

thefamousmoe
Old
Thanks Meter 3
planning on trying this out as soon as I get home. one question. what happens with the rest of the space on an 8 gig SD card? is it accessible?

bitnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefamousmoe View Post
planning on trying this out as soon as I get home. one question. what happens with the rest of the space on an 8 gig SD card? is it accessible?
You can just resize the 4th partition to take advantage of the whole card - otherwise it's lost

Sadly I booted it up fine and it looks great but I couldn't get bluetooth to turn on on my Nook. I also couldn't get it to connect to my WPA2 wireless so I had to reboot back to my usual OS. Looks promising, though

obsidianblackhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Sadly I booted it up fine and it looks great but I couldn't get bluetooth to turn on on my Nook.
Same thing happened to me a when i tried this as well.

Jiggity Janx
Old
(Last edited by Jiggity Janx; 11th March 2011 at 08:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrist View Post
good to see range up to 13'!
Just to dispel before rumors start or people say it doesn't work, based on what I read, it is 13" (inches). Think the original discussion said possibly 1-5 feet. Don't want people to walk 10 feet with their headset on and say there's issues...

GREAT WORK DEVS!
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11