Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 42,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP/MOD] ADW.Launcher.MB.Playground for CyanogenMod 7 [5/24/11 v0.1.1]

Tip us?

TheMasterBaron
Old
(Last edited by TheMasterBaron; 25th May 2011 at 02:13 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 516

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP/MOD] ADW.Launcher.MB.Playground for CyanogenMod 7 [5/24/11 v0.1.1]

My changes have been merged into CM7!

I'm starting this thread to test out modifications

This is for CyanogenMod 7, I offer no help getting this to work on anything else.

This version is an update to the ADW.Launcher that already in installed on CM7 so you will keep all your existing settings.
You can also uninstall this version at any time and ADW.Launcher will revert back to the original ADW.Launcher.

As always with these kinds of things, I am not responsible if something goes wrong, so use at your own risk.

Source is now on github and can be viewed here!

My first focus is on application management such as groups/catalogs

0.1.1 Eye Candy Release
Added:
* Backup/Restore of desktop data now also saves categories
* Screen transitions just because I like them and it can get tiresome working of usability stuff.

0.1.0 (Merged into CM7)
Added:
* If no categories, not title shows in the drawer (CM7 requirement so users who don't use categories don't see a change)
* Option to turn off the title in the drawer even if you have categories.

Fixed:
* Better drawer switching on swipe

Added:
* UNCATEGORIZED group now hides when empty
* In preparation to submit to CM7, I have added an option to enable the UNGROUPED group. Disabling the option will revert to the old way of showing the ALL group and does not show the UNCATEGORIZED group.
Changed:
* Renamed UNGROUPED to UNCATEGORIZED

Added:
* Application Info and Market support for Live Folders* Restore icon menu option when changing an icon
Fixed:

* Swipe on empty UNGROUPED folder fixed

0.0.6 (w/Drawer to home screen drag FC fixed)
Changed:
* Editing a user folder now lets you set a custom icon. Not being able to set an icon on a custom folder makes them less attractive for use since I can't visually label it.
Fixed:
* Fixed a drawing issue when opening the vertical drawer that causes the icons to jump

Changed:
* Swipe to change groups in the drawer. Up/down swipes are used for in the Horizontal pagination drawer and left/right swipes are used in the Vertical plain drawer style.
* Search and Wallpaper have been pushed to the more button in the launcher's menu. There are other options are are used more than these.
* Added Manage Applications to the launcher's menu.

Changed:
* Added Edit button on popup menu for Folders so it's easier to rename them. (Eventually I want to add the ability to change the icon on folders just like yo can with apps)
Fixed:
* FC when picking up Shortcuts

Changed:
* Moved System Settings so it's visible in menu, while Lock Desktop has been relegated to More menu. I use Setting WAY more that lock/unlock desktop.
* The group name is now always displayed at the top of the drawer. Gone is the animation showing the name.

Changed:
* Add ADW Settings to menu as they get removed from System Settings
Fixed:
* Fixed so install survives reboot

Features:
* The application popup menu replaces "Uninstall" with "Settings". This takes you to the Application Info window instead. There is an uninstall button on this screen, but also has a lot of other useful information.
* Added "Market" to the application popup window. This takes you to the application in the Market App. Great for quickly seeing updates/comments.
* Added "Choose Group" to the application popup window. This allows you to take an application and pick what groups you want it in. As apposed to opening the group and finding the application to add. Very efficient for newly installed apps.
* The popup menu can now be used in the app drawer. This gives access to the new settings, market and choose group options.
* Replaced drawer's ALL with UNGROUPED. Gone is the ALL list of applications in the app drawer. It has been replaced by the UNGROUPED list. This list only shows the apps that have no group assigned. As you move apps to groups, this list shrinks and makes it easier to find newly installed apps.
* Opening/Changing groups in the app drawer does a quick animation to tell you the name of the group.
Known Issues:
* If there are no apps in the UNGROUPED, the group still shows.

Please post your comments!

If i get enough good feedback, I'll start down the road to getting these changes merged into CM7.
Attached Files
File Type: apk ADWLauncher.Playground.apk-signed.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.21 MB, 1402 views)
T-Mobile: Galaxy S 4
Old Devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, G2x, Nexus One, G1

Check out my XDA projects:I'm a code junkie, please support my habit by donating
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TheMasterBaron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fcisco13
Old
(Last edited by fcisco13; 12th March 2011 at 02:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 357
Good job man, really nice improvements.
Just one little suggestions, i wish i could see the group label (top or bottom) on the drawer, insted of it fadind on bottom, that way u allway know what group of apps you are on.

Other than that really digging it. One more thing, i feel noobish asking this but i cant find it, how do you get to adw settings??

N1

TheMasterBaron
Old
Thanks Meter 516

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcisco13 View Post
Good job man, really nice improvements.
Just one little suggestions, i wish i could see the group label (top or bottom) on the drawer, insted of it fadind on bottom, that way u allway know what group of apps you are on.
I agree, but it wasn't going to be easy so I avoided it. Considering there was no indication before, I figured this was a good first step.

Quote:
Other than that really digging it. One more thing, i feel noobish asking this but i cant find it, how do you get to adw settings??
Check out v0.0.2. I've made sure its in the ADW menu as it seems to vanish from the System Settings when you install this update.

Thanks for your feedback!

Check out my XDA projects:I'm a code junkie, please support my habit by donating

fcisco13
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Got v 0.0.2, adw setting back to normal, works good. Keep tweaking this, good job, will definitely stay on it.

N1

TheMasterBaron
Old
Thanks Meter 516

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i wish i could see the group label (top or bottom) on the drawer
OP updated with v0.0.3 that now shows the group name at the top of the drawer.

Jandyman
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Nice the only thing which prevents me from switching from launcherpro is the ability to have custom dock background. . . .
Phone:HTC One (M7)
Rom: ViperOne 4.4.2 with Sense 6
Previous Devices:
  • HTC Touch pro 2
  • HTC Desire Z
  • HTC Sensation

TUMBLR: http://jandyman.tumblr.com/
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/#!/Jandyman95

rori~
Old
Thanks Meter 705

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandyman View Post
Nice the only thing which prevents me from switching from launcherpro is the ability to have custom dock background. . . .
there has to be a difference to ADWex ... :)

Sent from my Nexus One

wackymix
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Man i think this is awesome. works grate on my HTC Desire. Thanks. I think should be nice to integrate in CM. I use CM7 RC2 and i smoothless

Che123
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Nice idea. Nice features.
Keep on developing
Xiaomi Mi3 WCDMA 64 GB
WiUi 4.6.20 | CWM Rayglobe v6.0.3.2

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 n8010
Stock unrooted

Pc Suite Batch collection & Font Flasher

Our Blog >>

Device-History:

sixtninecat
Old
Thanks Meter 7
i have ADW ex Running on nightlys will this work or is it the basic ADW?
Device: HTC M7 (HTC ONE)
ROM: Stock with Xposed Framework
Device: Acer Iconia A500
ROM: Flex Reaper
Retired Devices: HTC Doubleshot; HTC Vision (G2); HTC Espresso; HTC Dream; Nokia N96; Nokia N80