[APP/MOD] ADW.Launcher.MB.Playground for CyanogenMod 7 [5/24/11 v0.1.1]
My changes have been merged into CM7!
I'm starting this thread to test out modifications
This is for CyanogenMod 7, I offer no help getting this to work on anything else.
This version is an update to the ADW.Launcher that already in installed on CM7 so you will keep all your existing settings.
You can also uninstall this version at any time and ADW.Launcher will revert back to the original ADW.Launcher.
As always with these kinds of things, I am not responsible if something goes wrong, so use at your own risk.
Source is now on github and can be viewed here!
My first focus is on application management such as groups/catalogs
0.1.1 Eye Candy Release
* Backup/Restore of desktop data now also saves categories
* Screen transitions just because I like them and it can get tiresome working of usability stuff.
0.1.0 (Merged into CM7)
* If no categories, not title shows in the drawer (CM7 requirement so users who don't use categories don't see a change)
* Option to turn off the title in the drawer even if you have categories.
* Better drawer switching on swipe
* UNCATEGORIZED group now hides when empty
* In preparation to submit to CM7, I have added an option to enable the UNGROUPED group. Disabling the option will revert to the old way of showing the ALL group and does not show the
* Renamed UNGROUPED to UNCATEGORIZED
* Application Info and Market support for Live Folders* Restore icon menu option when changing an icon
* Swipe on empty UNGROUPED folder fixed
0.0.6 (w/Drawer to home screen drag FC fixed)
* Editing a user folder now lets you set a custom icon. Not being able to set an icon on a custom folder makes them less attractive for use since I can't visually label it.
* Fixed a drawing issue when opening the vertical drawer that causes the icons to jump
* Swipe to change groups in the drawer. Up/down swipes are used for in the Horizontal pagination drawer and left/right swipes are used in the Vertical plain drawer style.
* Search and Wallpaper have been pushed to the more button in the launcher's menu. There are other options are are used more than these.
* Added Manage Applications to the launcher's menu.
* Added Edit button on popup menu for Folders so it's easier to rename them. (Eventually I want to add the ability to change the icon on folders just like yo can with apps)
* FC when picking up Shortcuts
* Moved System Settings so it's visible in menu, while Lock Desktop has been relegated to More menu. I use Setting WAY more that lock/unlock desktop.
* The group name is now always displayed at the top of the drawer. Gone is the animation showing the name.
* Add ADW Settings to menu as they get removed from System Settings
* Fixed so install survives reboot
* The application popup menu replaces "Uninstall" with "Settings". This takes you to the Application Info window instead. There is an uninstall button on this screen, but also has a lot of other useful information.
* Added "Market" to the application popup window. This takes you to the application in the Market App. Great for quickly seeing updates/comments.
* Added "Choose Group" to the application popup window. This allows you to take an application and pick what groups you want it in. As apposed to opening the group and finding the application to add. Very efficient for newly installed apps.
* The popup menu can now be used in the app drawer. This gives access to the new settings, market and choose group options.
* Replaced drawer's ALL with UNGROUPED. Gone is the ALL list of applications in the app drawer. It has been replaced by the UNGROUPED list. This list only shows the apps that have no group assigned. As you move apps to groups, this list shrinks and makes it easier to find newly installed apps.
* Opening/Changing groups in the app drawer does a quick animation to tell you the name of the group.
* If there are no apps in the UNGROUPED, the group still shows.
Please post your comments!
If i get enough good feedback, I'll start down the road to getting these changes merged into CM7.