Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 49,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shortcut Scripts for Flashing Nightlies/Themes/Etc

Tip us?

Karadorde
Old
(Last edited by Karadorde; 16th March 2011 at 05:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Default Shortcut Scripts for Flashing Nightlies/Themes/Etc

DISCLAIMER: These scripts have worked for me without issue. It would behoove you to ensure you have a solid back up to recover from in the event that something goes horribly wrong. These scripts should be considered a WIP. I will edit them and provide information as needed if something does not work as it should. Please feel free to post here or PM me if you have issues and bear with me if they do not work properly for you. END DISCLAIMER

To be honest, I am lazy. I flash CM nightlies and sometimes themes, and I didn't like having to navigate through recovery over and over again to wipe cache and dalvik-cache. So, I decided to write a script that would just do it for me. Then I got even lazier. I found that I had written several scripts and now I was tired of having to flash them all in a certain order. Which is why I wrote one all inclusive script.

Here I will provide you with two separate scripts. The first does just enough and the second does that much and a few more personal tweaks.

The first script is a rather simple one. It formats your /cache partition and deletes /data/dalvik-cache.

Wipe_Cache_Dalvik.zip

Edify version to work with Clockword Mod Recovery

1. Back up your current rom
2. Flash Wipe_Cache_Dalvik.zip
3. Flash your nightly/theme of choice
4. Reboot

The second script is where my personal preferences come into play. This script is meant to be flashed after you install your nightly rom. This script will format /cache, delete /data/davlik-cache, delete certain system apps that I do not personally use, and then copy an edited build.prop into /system so that the DPI is set to 190 immediately after you reboot from installing the nightly rom. This script will more than likely have to be changed to suit your needs. I understand that people will want different DPI settings and would like to retain the use of apps that I do not use.

Wipe_Delete_Copy.zip

1. Edit the script if you so choose. (Directions will be given in the second post)
2. Back up your current rom
3. Flash your nightly
4. Flash Wipe_Delete_Copy.zip
5. Reboot

Many thanks to Omegasun and his BareBone App and Sense Removal Plus Community Tools Thread.
This was the thread that got me started writing scripts. I learned a lot from him. My script would not have been possibl without his.

Many thanks to unCoRrUpTeD and his unCoRrUpTeD Dual Boot V1 Thread. I did a lot of testing for unCoRrUpTeD on his dualboot setup. I learned a lot from him in regard to using updater-scripts and updater-binaries. Without him I would not have been able to write the second script.

A thank you also to Calkulin for his format_all.zip which was another source of inspiration for the first wipe script.

As always a giant thanks to Cyanogen, Team Douche, TeamWin, and the Snap Team. The information and aid that they have provided to me is second to none. Without them I wouldn't know half of what I do now. Their contributions are what make this community great.

Any gratitude that you may feel towards me for these scripts should be directed towards those mentioned above. I wrote these to benefit myself and now feel that I should give them back to you all. I hope they work as described and make flashing a little bit easier on you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karadorde For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Karadorde
Old
(Last edited by Karadorde; 13th March 2011 at 11:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
These are rudimentary directions for the time being. I will edit and make them more precise later tonight. Also included a few things for reference. Like I said, it is basic info for now and it will become more detailed and informative.

You will need a text editor to edit any of these scripts. I primarily use Notepad++ on Windows. If you are on a *nix box then I am sure you are more than able to find a text editor that suits your needs.

1. Unzip Wipe_Delete_Copy.zip
2. Navigate to *\META-INF\com\google\android\
3. You will see two files: updater-script and update-binary
4. Open updater-script with your favorite text editor. (In my case, I right click and choose "Edit with Notepad++")
5. Edit Away
6. Save
7. Rezip

For reference, these are the files deleted from /system/app:

ADW Launcher
Browser
Car Home Google
CM Wallpapers
Development
DSP Manager
Email
FM
File Manager
Google Quick Search Box
Genie Widget (News and Weather)
Live Wallpapers
Live Wallpaper Picker
Pro Tips (The CM Widget that appears after a clean install)
Sound Recorder
VoiceDialer

Notice "ADW Launcher." This means you will need Launcher Pro/ADW EX/etc before you flash this. Or you will need to remove this line from the script.

If you don't want to change your DPI settings:

1. Open up the script in your text editor
2. Delete
Code:
Select Code
ui_print("");
ui_print("");
ui_print("");
ui_print("Copying build.prop to retain proper dpi");
show_progress(0.200000, 5);
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
3. Save
4. Delete the "system" folder found in the original zip
5. Rezip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karadorde For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

atapia984
Old
Thanks Meter 111
This will be very handy. Thank you, sir.

Phone - Samsung SPH-L710 ROM - CM10.1 Kernel - CM10.1
Tablet - HP TouchPad 16GB. ROM - webOS 3.0.5/CM10 Kernel - UberKernel/StockCM10
Don't forget to Thank your fellow XDA Members.
It is written Kernel not "Kernal".

twiz0r
Old
Thanks Meter 68
+1 for this when I get to mess around with it after work tomorrow. Great job

swyped from my cyanogenized and gingerbreaded EVO
DNA

dkdude36
Old
Thanks Meter 717

DONATE TO ME
i have been thinking about making a cache/dalvik wipe script forever, but never got the will. thanks for making my life easier karadore.

OFWGKTA
Yes, i am in 9th grade. No, that does not mean you are better than me.
if you feel the need to give me some lunch money, please donate!
or just give me a thanks or two so i can look better than others...
i'm a bitch (lost that ics release date bet thing)
Email and Gtalk: dkdude36@gmail.com

Karadorde
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
I appreciate the thanks. I know the basic script will work just fine. It is very straight forward. The second one is kind of tricky because it uses an updater/binary. I just recently started working with them and had a few issues to begin with. The more feedback you all give me on this the better. Hope they help.

dkdude36
Old
Thanks Meter 717

DONATE TO ME
i dont know how to write in edify, but i would like to. if you dont mind whipping up a little tutorial, that would be fantastic so all the peoplez can stop complaining that they get an error after flashing my zips on cwm 3+. it would help me and a lot of others as well.

OFWGKTA
Yes, i am in 9th grade. No, that does not mean you are better than me.
if you feel the need to give me some lunch money, please donate!
or just give me a thanks or two so i can look better than others...
i'm a bitch (lost that ics release date bet thing)
Email and Gtalk: dkdude36@gmail.com

Karadorde
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdude36 View Post
i dont know how to write in edify, but i would like to. if you dont mind whipping up a little tutorial, that would be fantastic so all the peoplez can stop complaining that they get an error after flashing my zips on cwm 3+. it would help me and a lot of others as well.
I may just do that. Would give me a nice little project in the next few days to help me procrastinate from school and work a little more

sminker
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Anyway to update these to work on CW 3+ recoveries?
Synergized

Karadorde
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminker View Post
Anyway to update these to work on CW 3+ recoveries?
The second script should work because it is written in edify. I will update the first one so that it works. Leaving for work now but I should be able to do it all from my phone. Will post up the new version in a few.